Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Hpat 2015 Thread - Spurious, deleting comments

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 582 ✭✭✭sleepyheadh

Any updates for this thread?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've already since reminded the admins, and they're still considering/discussing it. Neither this, nor the other thread will be closed until answered.

That's great, as I've already stated. From my point of view nothing is happening. I would love to hear some updates from your guys!

When a conclusion is reached I will be looking for an explanation so brief updates may be easier then explaining what has been discussed over a month at this stage.

How much longer do I have to wait, until I win the longest "in progress" award?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

How much longer do I have to wait, until I win the longest "in progress" award?
    Hi again.

I completely understand where you're coming from. It's clear that you've been waiting an above-average amount of time for this to be resolved. All I can do is remind you that Dades said "this thread has led to a bigger conversation". Because all Moderators and Administrators are unpaid volunteers, the more people that are involved in any discussion, the longer it will take because it's harder to get everyone together all at the same time due to real life stuff (jobs, families, commitments, etc.).

The Admins know it has been over a month since you requested a review, and I don't think anyone would fault you for checking to ensure that this hasn't been overlooked. Just for the record, neither me nor Spear are part of the "bigger conversation" that Dades refers to. We're just the Help Desk Moderators. When a site Administrator takes over a thread in here, me and Spear are obligated to let the Admin(s) direct the thread as they see fit. If Dades says that you will get an explanation, then you can stand on that. He's a man of his word. Even though the wait is understandably frustrating, please do not interpret the delay to mean "nothing is happening".

-Shield.

• Advertisement

As I have already mentioned I would appreciate a brief update, hearing from someone who is actually involved in the discussion would be great.

Im doing a little head count, see how many hats and plates we need for the two month Anniversary! HAHA ;-)

Any breakthroughs in discussion guys?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Im doing a little head count, see how many hats and plates we need for the two month Anniversary! HAHA ;-)
    Count me in. Spear too I'd say. Any whiff of free stuff and us lowly minions are there in droves!
    Any breakthroughs in discussion guys?
    I'd say we're drawing close to a 'breakthrough', if I may borrow your word. This thread has not been forgotten about - that I do know.

Forgive me if I sound redundant, but please just bear with Dades and the people who are involved in the 'bigger discussion' he referred to below. This will be resolved as soon as is humanly possible. Nobody likes having an issue that drags on for this long, and I think the Admins will agree with me on that.

Your patience and good humour regarding the untimely delay are very much welcome, and very much appreciated through this unforeseen and unfortunately delay. Good job we filled the vending machines and stocked up on loo roll!

-Shield.

Shield wrote: »
    Count me in. Spear too I'd say. Any whiff of free stuff and us lowly minions are there in droves!

I'd say we're drawing close to a 'breakthrough', if I may borrow your word. This thread has not been forgotten about - that I do know.

Forgive me if I sound redundant, but please just bear with Dades and the people who are involved in the 'bigger discussion' he referred to below. This will be resolved as soon as is humanly possible. Nobody likes having an issue that drags on for this long, and I think the Admins will agree with me on that.

Your patience and good humour regarding the untimely delay are very much welcome, and very much appreciated through this unforeseen and unfortunately delay. Good job we filled the vending machines and stocked up on loo roll!

-Shield.

So are you a part of the "bigger conversation" now Shield?

So are you a part of the "bigger conversation" now Shield?
    No Sir, I am not. Neither is Spear. We just make sure that the processes are followed, and provide help where possible.

For complaints about forum moderation or Moderators, all we do is make sure everyone knows what the general structure is, and ensure those mentioned are aware of the fact. We also perform more routine janitorial tasks like changing the prefix of a thread, closing resolved threads, and so on.

-Shield.

• Advertisement

Sorry for missing our 2 month anniversary guys..Roll on number 3 haha!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

As the OP has been sitebanned there's no point in leaving this thread open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement