Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build, €1300 budget

Options
  • 27-03-2015 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I am making my first ever build from scratch, €1300 budget but could stretch it to €1400 if required. I want to build a PC to do some gaming/video editing so whatever you could recommend would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1. What is your budget?
    [€1300-€1400]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing (Crusader Kings II, Minecraft, Battlefield)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No]

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes]

5. If yes, what size do you need. [22'/24', whichever fits the budget best.]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes]

8. How can you pay? [Credit Card]

9. When are you purchasing? [Today]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [Hope to build this myself, making it a bit of a project.]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

i7 4790K 350
    Monitor 120
    ASRock Extreme 3 Z97 motherboard 115
    Cooler 30
    1tb HDD 50
    GTX 970 350
    Nanoxia DS1 90
    8gb RAM 60
    Thermal take 630W 45
    Wireless Card 10
    Crucial MX100 256gb SSD 90
    And a 60 euro keyboard mouse bundle.
    Windows 20 from reddit

Total is 1400, 1340 without the keyboard and mouse

Could drop to a Nanoxia DS3 case for 60 to drop a few euro or get a better keyboard and mouse set

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Cheers DS for that, much appreciated. I went onto HWVS and ran what you selected through GH as well, do these components look ok? As in will they all function together properly? Not built/chosen all of the components before so apologies for the noob questions!

[URL="[URL=http://s690.photobucket.com/user/sparkykc/media/PC Spec.jpg.html][IMG]http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv261/sparkykc/PC Spec.jpg[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]PC%20Spec.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Yep they're all fine to go together

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Great. Thanks again for your help. :)
    Will be putting in the order shortly and will just pick up a Keyboard/mouse bundle separate.

Advertisement