Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland cheque

Options
  • 27-03-2015 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hellou,
    I would like to ask you a few questions. I have received yesterday a cheque from Revenue with my name written on it, but I don't live in Ireland. Is any possibility that my brother who lives in Ireland and have same surename can take out money from this cheque or I have to travel to Ireland and take out money from my cheque by myself? How long does the cheque from Bank of Ireland last?

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thank you.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Katkah wrote: »
    Hellou,
    I would like to ask you a few questions. I have received yesterday a cheque from Revenue with my name written on it, but I don't live in Ireland. Is any possibility that my brother who lives in Ireland and have same surename can take out money from this cheque or I have to travel to Ireland and take out money from my cheque by myself? How long does the cheque from Bank of Ireland last?

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thank you.[/font]
    Hi Katkah,

Thanks for your post and welcome to Boards.ie

The cheque can only be lodged to an account in the name that it is made payable to. If you have an account in another country, you can lodge the cheque to the account. It can take 4 - 6 weeks for the cheque to clear.

A Bank of Ireland cheque lasts for 6 months from the date it is written.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement