Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riding school Insurance

Options
  • 27-03-2015 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

Hi all,

Quick question.

My partner has a riding school and the only instructor he has is leaving shortly. He is going to renew his insurance soon on the school and teach by himself (talk of bringing in a non qualified instructor happening also) but he is not a qualified instructor.
    Am I right in saying that the insurance will not cover the school if there isn't a qualified person to teach the kids?
    I remember the old instructor mentioning that my partner was insured under her as she was qualified.
    Need answers before he goes and throws a load of cash away!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭greenybaby

Anyone?!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭mothoin

I know that insurance can be loaded if you do not have a qualified instructor, it also makes court cases more difficult in the event of an accident

other questions are

Has your partner

child protection certificates in place?

occupational first aid certificates?

AIRE approval?

whereabouts is the riding school located?

A big question also, moreso in the UK than here, as we did not have qualification system of our own for a long, is how does your partner know how to teach if he has no formal training, it is easy enough if you have the knowledge to gain a qualification in coaching now with the HSI courses

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Baby_Bear

No your partner is not insured to teach without a qualified and fully insured instructor working with him.
    Please bare in mind that horse riding is a high risk sport and fatalities or worse are not uncommon so teaching without insurance irresponsible. There are a lot of qualified and insured instructors who work freelance that may be an option for your partner.
    Also it is in the nature of the insurance industry to not pay out of it is at all possible so your partner needs to do as much research as possible into the topic.

Advertisement