Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MOD Warning post #20 Late Late Show, March 27th

• 27-03-2015 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭

Mod: please read post #no 20 before posting tonight - no discussion of ongoing court cases on boards (including ones where peple have not been sentenced yet)
    Thank you!

"Sex and the City star Kim Catrall, Calum Best, and Actor/Director Alan Rickman are among the guests for this Friday's The Late Late Show.
    Cattrall will look back on her career to date and discuss her dark new comedy TV series, Sensitive Skin. Best will talk about the difficult relationship he had with his father, world-famous football star George Best. Actor and director Alan Rickman will also join host Ryan Tubridy to discuss his directorial debut, A Little Chaos"

We got sexless in the city meets Kim Cattrall, (nice type-o from the boys in the RTE backroom) ;)
    Drone off between Tubbs and Rickman, although Rickman does it wryly
    ...and for some reason...Calum Best...he must be doing a line with some 'celeb' I suppose...Oh wait, there's a book.
    "My father was famous....emm"

kittens_puppies.jpg

People rejoice and sing from on high because......

Louis Walsh will also `dish the dirt' on what really happened between Zayn Malik and One Direction, (how the f*** would he know?). Louis' new band HomeTown will also perform, (ah, now it all fits).....jaysus wept.....He must have voodoo dolls of senior RTE board members.

I thought the panto came after your career...well best get a head start on it lads.
    aladdin-panto-11.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Does Callum Best have an actual job outside of talking about his father, how much more can he bleed from that surname?

We know that George could be a nasty bit of work and useless father while drunk, it's been well documented in other biographies. The stories been told, give it a rest son and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

The blond guy on in the front left reminds me of Rob Beckett
    realitytv_im_a_celeb_itv_2_presenters_4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Apart from the lovely Linda, Twink's bestie, I haven't a clue who anyone is in that group photo!!..

I recognise kitteh and puppeh all right!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

No Ray Meagher tonight? :(

You flamin' mangrels, stone the crows, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Apart from the lovely Linda, Twink's bestie, I haven't a clue who anyone is in that group photo!!..

I recognise kitteh and puppeh all right!! :)

I think they were the first ever OP Kitteh and Puppeh from way back in January 2013 ... Little did we know it would still be a thing now.

Nice OP there, For Reals.

Also, it would have been great if they could have got Tatum O'Neal on this week, to see what she has to say about her Da.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ah here! Louis is back on again? Should be amusing to hear him blather on about the hardship that goes with being in a boyband - before he introduces his newest boyband.

Best moment will likely be a nervous Tubs blushing and stumbling over his words as he speaks with Catrall.

'So uh Kim, erm, you've been known as one of the, erm, raunchiest icons on television, wouldn't that be fair to say? Would there be, ahem, a certain amount of throbbing pressure, well no not throbbing, but a pressure nevertheless having to deal with that, I wonder?

PS I want that puppy.

Skid X wrote: »
    I think they were the first ever OP Kitteh and Puppeh from way back in January 2013 ... Little did we know it would still be a thing now.

Little did you know how famous and important kitteh and puppeh would become to the LLS thread Skid!! :)

Well done yourself!! :D

We need to cheer ourselves up somehow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

Little did you know how famous and important kitteh and puppeh would become to the LLS thread Skid!! :)

I figured I'd be banned if I didn't puppy and kitten up the place ;)

For Reals wrote: »
    I figured I'd be banned if I didn't puppy and kitten up the place ;)

:D:D:D

Yip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

I dont think the sacrificial kittehs and puppehs are appeasing the gods. The show is still quite poor and depressing. Might have to move it up to a cow or at least a sheep:D

• Advertisement

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    I dont think the sacrificial kittehs and puppehs are appeasing the gods. The show is still quite poor and depressing. Might have to move it up to a cow or at least a sheep:D

I suppose we could have a sacrificial lamb at Easter........:eek:

Maybe not......:pac:

Though Spring Lamb is very nice..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

A focking post-mortem into One Direction's split on the same week that King Henry retires. Bull****e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I cant believe that they are having that self publicist Louis Walsh on AGAIN. it's a f**king joke... On to exploit his latest bunch of puppets...

Alf Stewart (Ray Meagher) is in Tiger Lily's in Kildare Town tonight... Could RTE not have got him on the damned show.... Goes to show you what a bunch of flaming Galllahs are running that show....

I cant believe that they are having that self publicist Louis Walsh on AGAIN. it's a f**king joke... On to exploit his latest bunch of puppets...

Alf Stewart (Ray Meagher) is in Tiger Lily's in Kildare Town tonight... Could RTE not have got him on the damned show.... Goes to show you what a bunch of flaming Galllahs are running that show....

Yeah, but the word on the street is that Tiger Lily's are acting the maggot and paying silly money to Alf.

RTE can't compete with that ... not when they have to pay Ryan Tubridy's gigantic wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

Misery I know, but if he wants to be topical would the German wings story not be more of interest to people then a boy band? And they could get an aviation expert on.
    I really don't see the justification in having Louis on. Even if they have to cover it surely a younger gossip/entertainment columnist would make more sense?

Off the top of my head:
    The ongoing, happening this week case of the baker who wouldn't bake the 'gay' wedding cake, and a discussion about our upcoming equality legislation?
    Today the date was set for Sean Fitzpatrick trial...or the Gangland shooting....etc....

They are trying and falling to make an american light entertainment chat show. I mean would David Letterman have on an american low level boy band manager or a woman who sang an MOR 'hit' twenty odd years ago and has done nothing of note since, (looking at you Linda Martin)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Is there some major scandal in the horse racing world to be revealed tonight??? or did I dream it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

[mod snip] yup you are correct it is sub-judice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭LiamNeeson

Tubridy has a very particular set of skills, skills he has acquired over a short career, skills that make him a nightmare for people like you and me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

MOD:
    Please no discussion of ongoing court case...even though it seems the Late Late show is going to cover it.

From a boards.ie perspective:
    He's not yet sentenced, the legal process is on-going, and it's still considered sub-judice and hence can't be discussed.

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Is there some major scandal in the horse racing world to be revealed tonight??? or did I dream it?

Apparently not, Today FM were acting the being mischievous
    NOTHING to see here - well, not the ground-breaking news that so many racing fans in Ireland are anticipating anyway.

Twitter went into meltdown on Thursday night after Today FM's sports editor John Duggan announced on The Last Word with Matt Cooper that there would be ground-breaking racing news on The Late Late Show on Friday night.

Bambury Bookmakers even assembled a market on what the story would be, making Ruby Walsh retiring the 9-4 favourite. The rumour mill was working overtime after the announcement as racing folk tried to find out the big news and outlandish theories were bandied about.

However, the Racing Post can reveal that there is no huge racing story going to break on The Late Late Show on RTE 1 tonight.

"John's big announcement on The Last Word yesterday evening was all part of teaser activity we've been running over the last few days," said Roisin Reilly, marketing director for the popular radio station.

"Listeners to the station would have heard a lot of horse related stuff recently and it will all become obvious tonight. The full story will appear on Today FM later today," she added.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94857918&postcount=72

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Having Louis Walsh on again says everything about the tight knit D4/South Co Dublin network that keeps the dosh flowing in their own little circles.

Hysterical giggling/flirting from Louis and promoting his latest cash cow at the expense of a proper talented group out there. No wonder people see fcuk all hope in getting work in certain areas when that crap is going on.

That's messy about the Graham Dwyer verdict, but to be fair to the Mods they have to act according to the legal advice which Boards HQ received.

Sure we can talk about something else instead. We do that most of the time anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Louis ****in Walsh. How did that gob****e get on the telly Again.

squadro wrote: »
    Louis ****in Walsh. How did that gob****e get on the telly Again.

Sure he lives in the carpark of RTE squadro!!...

At least I'm pretty sure he does...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

A focking post-mortem into One Direction's split on the same week that King Henry retires. Bull****e!

Oh jesus don't get me started.

Louis? AGAIN? JESUS

I've only ever heard of these Hometown fellas 3 or 4 times.

Every single one of those times was on the Late Late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Red Kev wrote: »
    Having Louis Walsh on again says everything about the tight knit D4/South Co Dublin network that keeps the dosh flowing in their own little circles.

Louis lives in D6. It's not far,I know!!!

As an aside, I was lead juror in a murder trial and the person was found guilty and got life. There and then....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Evening all. Couldn't find this thread until now. Must be going blind.

Hey jos!!

Did your lovely lad get home safely?? xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Not Louis Walsh AGAIN???!!!

• Advertisement

tampopo wrote: »
    Louis lives in D6. It's not far,I know!!!

As an aside, I was lead juror in a murder trial and the person was found guilty and got life. There and then....
    what's a 'lead juror' then?

I don't know about you, but I am a grown adult, I have no interest in hearing Louis Walsh's (or anyone's for that matter) take on why somebody from One Direction left One Direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Evening all, looking forward to this evening's proceedings. I like Kim Cattrall, hope Tubs lets her speak. Her episode of Who Do You Think You Are was brilliant

Is there anybody who isnt

a) A fourteen year old girl
    b) Louis Walsh or Simon Cowell

that really gives a sh1t about one of the X Factor puppets cutting the strings...

^ cutting the puppet strings, you know, so he's no longer controlled by the puppet master.. ah ffs, it's a metaphor, do I have to explain everything...

amdublin wrote: »
    I have no interest in hearing Louis Walsh's (or anyone's for that matter) take on why somebody from One Direction left One Direction.

it was all the talk at the mart today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

They weren't long cranking out these 'inside stories'

• Advertisement

Who gives a flying Capital SH about some lad who is worth a fortune dropping the day job??

"Was Graham Dwyer the architect of his own downfall"...

Oh well done RTE, that's just genius..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening y'all :)

Strobe Lighting are on, they are meant to be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Strobe lighting?

*flicks on The Prodigy on the decks*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Not Louis Walsh AGAIN???!!!

Some young lad left some pop band. Who else are they going to get to talk about it?

Skid X wrote: »
    Strobe Lighting are on, they are meant to be good.

I'll be blinded by the light.....:P

Lol at your woman with her fingers stuck in her gob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

If I hear one more thing about that **** leaving one direction. 19-20-21 year olds crying in college over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

New hairdo for Tubs? Looks better than usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭baldbear

Louis has a new boyband he's trying to flog,not literally I hope and Calum Best Jesus Christ will he still be on TV when he's 50 talking about his father and how bad he was to him.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

SERIOUSLY!!!!

These are teenagers. We are not.

ffs

God forgive me I'm laughing my socks off.....

New hairdo for Tubs? Looks better than usual

Is there a bit of yeller colour in it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I'm inconsolable....

• Advertisement
Advertisement