Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB vs KBC online banking

Options
  • 25-03-2015 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Just wondering would people still recommend PTSB as being a good option to switch to in terms of online banking. I switched from BOI to KBC last October and it was the worst decision ever made. Their online banking is hopelessly limited and I am waiting days for transactions to show even as pending, let alone with full details. Even an ATM transaction can take up to 4 days. They blame delays on the part of retailers etc but with BOI it was instant and at the very latest the next day.
    I am seriously considering switching back despite BOI fees as it isnt worth the hassle with KBC but before I do, I wanted to see is it worthwhile looking at PTSB instead.
    Do people find the online banking easy to use and up to date re transactions (or at least more so than I am currently getting!)
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Pudding11 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just wondering would people still recommend PTSB as being a good option to switch to in terms of online banking. I switched from BOI to KBC last October and it was the worst decision ever made. Their online banking is hopelessly limited and I am waiting days for transactions to show even as pending, let alone with full details. Even an ATM transaction can take up to 4 days. They blame delays on the part of retailers etc but with BOI it was instant and at the very latest the next day.
    I am seriously considering switching back despite BOI fees as it isnt worth the hassle with KBC but before I do, I wanted to see is it worthwhile looking at PTSB instead.
    Do people find the online banking easy to use and up to date re transactions (or at least more so than I am currently getting!)
    Thanks!

I find it very easy, pending card transactions show instantly with retailer details.
    Sent a transfer to Estonia at 1pm on Patricks day, bank had it on 18th at 7am.
    With BOI for years, wouldnt go back even if they dropped the fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Hi all,
    Thanks!

Still happy after a year. Online banking does what I need it to do and haven't had any issues with it. Mobile app is not great and the login process is a bit convoluted, but I live with it and I wouldn't recommend against them because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Pudding11

Thanks for the feedback. I really would prefer not to go back to BOI if possible but with the delays in transfers etc to KBC I have ended up paying transaction fees anyway through no fault of my own. PTSB certainly sound like a good option then!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Thanks!

I have had a (free) PTSB current account for over a decade. Highly recommend their online banking. Simple, easy to use and a good app. Transactions appear under the "pending" section in near real time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I switched from kbc to ptsb in January, the difference is incredible. The onlinr banking is the main reason I wanted to leave kbc and Im so glad i did. The user interface is much cleaner and more user friendly very intuitive. The best thing is the lack of one of those awful code generator things.

• Advertisement
Advertisement