Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wash Your Car Place - Where you Do it yourself

Options
  • 27-03-2015 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there any car wash place left around town or close by where you can lets say just use the water and hoses etc.

I have all the car wash stuff but I have no where to actually wash the car... There used to be one on Tramore road but this closed down...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

I'm not sure you will have much luck. Even the do it yourself car washes in topaz and the like are timed. So you can use the water and brush and then your own superior products in between, but you still only have 6,8 or 10 mins to do it.

There is a car wash out by UCC where 4 or guys do it with a hand mitt made of lambs wool. Pretty decent job...Also the maxol in douglas do it a pretty solid job too. It's 8 euro but tip the dude the extra 2 euro and he'll go the extra bit on it. tyre shine n all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

Where's the place by UCC? Might be interested in that....

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

In terms of getting the car washed, you wont beat the crowd in Topaz out the Straight Road just beyond County hall. Always do a good clean and you get a free coffee with it. To wash yourself, Dessies in Blackpool is the best spot around and its open all the time and they have about 4 booths. Timer on the machines there were lax enough so you'd not be too rushed like some machines

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

O'Reilly's garage next to Dessies is the best place to go, there's a bit of space near the booths if you want to wax or polish it yourself after and there's normally a few people around, I always give mine a wash there and sometimes just wax it then at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Yep, Blackpool is exactly what you're looking for. Good spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

mm cant say I know this Dessies place or the place next to it, but sure ill have a looksee, was hoping for someone on the south side just because it is closer...

It is just annoying as mentioned I have all the gear to wash buff and polish just the spot to wash it in. Unless I drive home or like half an hour out...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

That garage is great, better than the place on tramore rd was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Its a maxol branded garage.

Advertisement