Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Smiley11

I thought my tiredness was gone & it hit me really hard again today so I can empathise. Its such a shock to feel so tired! Hope it eases for you so you can enjoy not being nauseous finally!
    I thought the scan was amazing! Its hard to believe theres a little human wriggling around in there when I can't feel a thing! Poor child got a Lucozade overdose beforehand accidentally & was almost somersaulting but at least we saw loads of movement. I'm still eating everything in sight but I'm hoping it will ease...telling myself that anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭a_noodle_jenny

Joining this thread, im due on December 12th. Baby boy is 1 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Just over the 17 weeks now. I'm ginormous! Looking after the wee one is getting testy, she's started standing since last night and it's already taking all my mental capacity to watch her!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

13 and a half weeks and a definite start of a bump going on! Was hoping to get a few more weeks without one as it's my first but que sera sera ! Have a wedding next week so looks like I'll be dress shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Smiley11

Same...have a night out tomorrow night so I'll have to hit the "fat" wardrobe I'd say...at least I hadn't gotten around to getting rid of it! 14 weeks tomorrow & fine rounded belly so theres no hiding it from here on in!

• Advertisement

Nice to hear all the bumps coming along. I'm 15 weeks this weekend, honestly I thought I'd be bigger by now as its my second. My bump popped at 15 weeks the last time... Harder in a way being pregnant in summer as you can't layer it up or wear black... I was pregnant last time October - 4th May...

Nice to hear all the bumps coming along. I'm 15 weeks this weekend, honestly I thought I'd be bigger by now as its my second. My bump popped at 15 weeks the last time... Harder in a way being pregnant in summer as you can't layer it up or wear black... I was pregnant last time October - 4th May...

Yeah I'm noticing how much easier it was last time to dress myself! This time around it's a pain. I can't wear jeans but don't see the point in buying maternity ones yet since we have another 2-3 months of on and off decent weather cropping up. I bought myself a load of hareem trousers, a maxi skirt in Lidl and they are just going to get me through the summer and that's that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 YogiBear2015

Just wondering how everyone is doing? Sixteen weeks now. Are ye having much movement?

Just wondering how everyone is doing? Sixteen weeks now. Are ye having much movement?

I'm 20 weeks on Monday. Can actually watch baby shifting around in my belly now! Kicks are strong enough to give a little tummy wobble!!
    And, were having another little lady!

I'm 18+1 and have had movement since 12/13 weeks I guess cuz it's my second as I definitely only was getting flutters last time at this stage. Proper movements started two weeks ago and I felt baba move with my hand the other day. Last time I think I was about 22 weeks before I could feel baba clearly... And he is a most vigorous child now 14 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I'm 20 weeks on Monday. Can actually watch baby shifting around in my belly now! Kicks are strong enough to give a little tummy wobble!!
    And, were having another little lady!

Congrats!! Have you a name picked? i've been getting movement since 14 wks!! Finding out the sex myself in two weeks :P

Congrats!! Have you a name picked? i've been getting movement since 14 wks!! Finding out the sex myself in two weeks :P

Yeah as far as I know we are going with Lucy, with Gemma as a backup. Not decided on middle names yet! I bet you're excited! The suspense coming up to a gender scan kills me! I was practically screaming at the woman in my head "I DONT CARE HOW NICE THE BABYS DIAPHRAGM IS, WHAT BLOODY GENDER IS IT?!?!?!?!?!?"
    (Obviously I do care that her body parts are all there, but you get my meaning I'm sure!)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭ash2008

hey havent checked in to this in a while, hope everyone is doing good.

Im 19 weeks and think I can feel the baby move...but Im not sure. How can you know for sure?? It doesnt feel like I thought it would...its like bubbles popping inside and its coming from below my bellybutton. I've never felt that feeling before so thats why I was hoping it was the baby and not just gas or something. When it happens, I can also see my stomach move too.

It feels really weird, in fact Im not sure how much I enjoy the sensation but I feel relieved knowing that the baby is in there and that the movement (if thats what it is) is a good sign.:)

ash2008 wrote: »
    hey havent checked in to this in a while, hope everyone is doing good.

Im 19 weeks and think I can feel the baby move...but Im not sure. How can you know for sure?? It doesnt feel like I thought it would...its like bubbles popping inside and its coming from below my bellybutton. I've never felt that feeling before so thats why I was hoping it was the baby and not just gas or something. When it happens, I can also see my stomach move too.

It feels really weird, in fact Im not sure how much I enjoy the sensation but I feel relieved knowing that the baby is in there and that the movement (if thats what it is) is a good sign.:)

Sounds very much like movement to me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭ash2008

Sounds very much like movement to me :p

Yay :D
    I have my ultrasound next week, so finally get to see whats going on in there. Last one I had was so early there was not a lot happening.

Yes all sounds good, the kicks / movement will get stronger when your baby's bones harden up.. All preparation for life on the outside! Download the apps What toExpect and register, I find that forum good, and the bump app, babycenter and Pregnancy +
    I love getting notifications on where I'm at!!!
    I'm 19 weeks at weekend, second baby... 20 week scan will be done and dusted this day next week!:)

Yes all sounds good, the kicks / movement will get stronger when your baby's bones harden up.. All preparation for life on the outside! Download the apps What toExpect and register, I find that forum good, and the bump app, babycenter and Pregnancy +
    I love getting notifications on where I'm at!!!
    I'm 19 weeks at weekend, second baby... 20 week scan will be done and dusted this day next week!:)

hope the scan went well! I've my gender scan tue!! Mucho excitement here

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Laurac19

Hi all I'm 17w4d pregnant me and my partner found out yesterday we are expecting a little girl 😊 she is due on the 31st of December we are over the moon this is our first baby 😀

Laurac19 wrote:
    Hi all I'm 17w4d pregnant me and my partner found out yesterday we are expecting a little girl 😊 she is due on the 31st of December we are over the moon this is our first baby 😀

Congratulations! You might have the new years baby! due few days before you on the 26th and really hoping to stay this side of 2015! We'll see.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Laurac19

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Congratulations! You might have the new years baby! due few days before you on the 26th and really hoping to stay this side of 2015! We'll see.....!

Thanks.. same to youI'm hoping to stay this side of 2015 to how are you feeling I have been very sick up until a week ago :(

• Advertisement

Was really lucky with the sickness, had lots of dry wretching and some nausea but otherwise fine! My tiredness kicked in about week 13 and has been ongoing since! Thought it was meant to be the reverse 😅. Hope your sickness is gone for good!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Mrs Vagga is 23 weeks gone, no sickness just really tired..but I sorta broke both arms a couple of weeks ago, so it's great craic in our house at the moment :eek:

Great practice for when the little one arrives, we are becoming serious experts in "household automation" - as in getting stuff done by others or by using online services etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

My wife has felt v little movement last couple days, she is 22 weeks. Normally would feel it in the evening but has only felt slight morning movements last couple days n none today. She has a bit of a chest infection at the min. Could this affect things?

stuchyg wrote:
    My wife has felt v little movement last couple days, she is 22 weeks. Normally would feel it in the evening but has only felt slight morning movements last couple days n none today. She has a bit of a chest infection at the min. Could this affect things?

Don't have an answer to that but for peace of mind why don't you call her maternity hospital? They can always do a reassurance scan. Got an info leaflet in holles street yesterday about fetal movement and they said if your concerned to call them and not wait till the next day.
    I'm sure it's absolutely fine, I find the more you concentrate on feeling movement the harder it is! Like a watched kettle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Don't have an answer to that but for peace of mind why don't you call her maternity hospital? They can always do a reassurance scan. Got an info leaflet in holles street yesterday about fetal movement and they said if your concerned to call them and not wait till the next day.
    I'm sure it's absolutely fine, I find the more you concentrate on feeling movement the harder it is! Like a watched kettle!

I know but we had a bad experience last time so its always in the back of the mind. We go on hols on Saturday so il see how she is in the morning. My wife feels like she has been otherwise so hopefully its nothing

Hi ladies,

Thought I'd check in and see how everyone is doing? My sickness finally eased about 4 days ago!! We are having another lil girl (that's 3 girls now) and had an anatomy scan yesterday. Our little lady weights 1 pound 8 ounces & is 13cm long!! Very excited!!

Thought I'd check in and see how everyone is doing? My sickness finally eased about 4 days ago!! We are having another lil girl (that's 3 girls now) and had an anatomy scan yesterday. Our little lady weights 1 pound 8 ounces & is 13cm long!! Very excited!!

Congrats ! Had big scan two weeks ago but didn't find out the gender. Was no nervous in run up to scan that didn't relax and enjoy it enough but was lovely to see the little one, esp the little things like the spine and feet! Great your sickness has eased, hopefully that's it!

Hi ladies,

No anomaly scan for me, so I've a lovely long, agonizing wait for my final scan at 32 weeks! :o Plenty of movement now, and I can lie in bed in the mornings and watch her roll around and poke her bits out so I'm reassured that she's still in there, at least!
    Got our pram sorted, and bought a lovely pink set for her to wear when she gets out in the open :D
    No sickness, just sciatica, heartburn, utter exhaustion, more heartburn and really sore boobs.
    I've really bad heartburn too. :P

No anomaly scan for me, so I've a lovely long, agonizing wait for my final scan at 32 weeks! :o Plenty of movement now, and I can lie in bed in the mornings and watch her roll around and poke her bits out so I'm reassured that she's still in there, at least!
    Got our pram sorted, and bought a lovely pink set for her to wear when she gets out in the open :D
    No sickness, just sciatica, heartburn, utter exhaustion, more heartburn and really sore boobs.
    I've really bad heartburn too. :P

I've had heartburn on all three & my first two were born with thick head's of hair :P
    I'm the same with the tiredness I just cant get comfortable therefore can't sleep. I had some holidays left with work so i took all of Aug off!!!

• Advertisement

I've had heartburn on all three & my first two were born with thick head's of hair :P
    I'm the same with the tiredness I just cant get comfortable therefore can't sleep. I had some holidays left with work so i took all of Aug off!!!

Had excruciating heartburn last time around too. She was as bald as a coot lol

Advertisement