Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

Yeah it's like an essential oil, they recommend that you blend it with almond oil. I bought an already blended version the neat one is very strong. You can use it for a massage oil, in an oil burner, in the bath. Not recommended until 38 weeks I think.
    I also took evening primrose oil orally from around 36 weeks you can also take it vaginally. I think it is suppose to soften the cervix, and helps with contractions

Have been taken Rosemary leaf tea from around 33 weeks, think this helps with contractions,
    Last few weeks flew for me but I'm glad it will be over for Xmas!

I'm going to Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Have my 40 week check on Tuesday and getting a sweep too! Praying and hoping I go soon, induction date is the 11th but I really dont want to go there again!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Fingers crossed you'll go before but even if you do go to the 11th it's so close! You'll be home again in no time with the new baba!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Hi folks, 38 weeks tomorrow. Came into hospital the other night as I thought I was having contactions after being sick and having the runs (TMI) but the pains I was getting were from a tummy bug.
    I was put on a drip for dehydration and kept over night. Hubby was sick this morning and they've kept me in another night so I wasn't exposed to reinfection.

When I get home I will definitely be repacking my bag...it is so hot in the hospital! Never mind the fluffy slippers and dressing gown..I'll be packing my flipflops and a lightweight dressing gown and pajamas and a few lighter nursing vests.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Smiley11

I had that epiphany the other day about the dressing gown cos while the one I have is lovely & festively red, I'll swelter. Those hospitals are disgustingly warm! I'm off to Penneys this morning to stock up & I'm also hitting Boots as they have 2 x 60 packs of Pampers for €19! I can't believe I'm this excited about this being my only big sale purchase of the day! Great to hear everybody is well bar your bug Woolly...hope you're feeling a lot better today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭anamaria

39 weeks today and can't believe how impatient I am! :-)

Had GP appointment today and hospital on next Tuesday so fingers crossed I won't have too much longer to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

My wife had ours on the 9/11/15. 4 weeks early. He is still in the care unit on Holles street but he has really took off on his bottles the last couple days so hoping to bring him home on Sunday fingers crossed.

stuchyg wrote:
    My wife had ours on the 9/11/15. 4 weeks early. He is still in the care unit on Holles street but he has really took off on his bottles the last couple days so hoping to bring him home on Sunday fingers crossed.

Congratulations on your little man! Hope you get to bring him home on Sunday. Anyone having a really hard time sourcing non thermal/ festive pjs? Looking for button down top light shirts or pjs and there are none to be found. Everything has fluff and penguins!

Oh wow! Congratulations! 4 weeks isn't too bad in the big scheme of things & no doubt he'll be a bunter & heading home in no time!

You're definitely almost there anamaria! I'm absolutely jealous! I was warned by the consultant to aim for early January but I'd love our Christmas baby of course!

I was tweaking my bag today & can't find a light dressing gown! I have one at home but its too shabby to be shown in public! First world problems! ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭a_noodle_jenny

Hey folks... Ice also had my baby!
    I wasn't due until 12th of December but my waters broke at home (same as first baby without pains or contractions) at 36+5
    They induced me the next night and I had my baby at 12.03am on 21/11/2015
    Baby Girl after a boy in May 2014
    We are home since Tuesday and she's doing very well with feeding and lots of wet and dirty nappies. Our first was born at 33 weeks.
    Defo you need light clothes but I needed fluffy socks for Labour as my feet got cold in the last 2 hours of Labour. We did Hypnobirthing and I found it and hubby also a great help
    I found habit eye patches great also... And flip flops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

Hi ladies,

I've also had my baby. Olivia was born friday 27th & I wasn't due til tue. She weighted 7lbs 3 & like her sister before her didn't hang about. Labour lasted 1 50 mins from first contraction had no time for any pain relief!!
    Hope everyone else is well xx

I love to hear of babies being born!

Doesn't look like my little witch has any interest in making an appearance! Induction booked for the 11th and I am dreading it :( Obviously my first induction went perfectly but I just had my heart set on the MLU this time and having my partner stay with me in a private room but I've a funny feeling it's public ward for me again!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

Baby boy born Saturday morning, 6lb 12oz. Glad to have it all over and be back home with my little prince!
    Congrats to all the new bundles of joy and their proud parents, and don't worry the rest of ye are nearly there...its worth the wait.
    ❤️❤️❤️

1hr50 pretty in pink?? So jealous!

Congratulations guys! Lovely to see these beautiful little bundles arriving safe & sound! I'd love to be in ye're position but I'll just have to wait my turn! Delighted for ye! :)

Congratulations to all the new mammies and daddies. Due on the 11th and no signs of labour yet. I'm sitting at home minding my 16 month old, trying to keep him entertained. I might get into the auld downward dog pose...it might help?! 😂
    Thinking of you ShaSha, I hope the sweep went well. With baba number 2, it might hurry things along for you!

Congratulations to all the new mammies and daddies. Due on the 11th and no signs of labour yet. I'm sitting at home minding my 16 month old, trying to keep him entertained. I might get into the auld downward dog pose...it might help?! 😂
    Thinking of you ShaSha, I hope the sweep went well. With baba number 2, it might hurry things along for you!

They couldn't even do the sweep, I was so unfavourable. Promised that I won't be looking at delivery any time soon! :(

That's mad. I'd say your heart sank. I was in for the MLU too but got booted out.
    There's still time to try all the usual things...hot curries, long walks, scrubbing the skirting boards etc! None of these things worked for me on my first - even the sweep didn't do anything but it might be worth a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

jules86 wrote: »
    Baby boy born Saturday morning, 6lb 12oz. Glad to have it all over and be back home with my little prince!
    Congrats to all the new bundles of joy and their proud parents, and don't worry the rest of ye are nearly there...its worth the wait.
    ❤️❤️❤️

1hr50 pretty in pink?? So jealous!

Yup. Much more painful labour than the last 2 though. My 2nd labour lasted roughly an hour or so too. both without pain relief which might be why I went so fast.
    Congrats to all mummies on their new babies & good luck to all those still waiting. We are all besotted with our new arrival x

Congrats to all the December and November babies so far! Hang in there ShaShaBear, there's still loads of time to go naturally before the 11th!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭anamaria

Due today (5th) but no sign of baby wanting to move anytime soon....

Was in the hospital for a couple of days being monitored and was so jealous of all the ladies whose beautiful babies had arrived. I obviously need to work on my patience levels ;-)

• Advertisement

I'm not due until the 25th so you'll be settled in at home with your gorgeous baby & very happy by then! Theres always someone worse off! ;p

Well, we were fortunate enough to have a nice, natural labour - went in to hospital for my sweep with bad braxton hicks and I was 8cm :o
    Claire Holly was born at 11.19am on Tuesday and weighed 9lbs1oz. No pain relief either!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Well, we were fortunate enough to have a nice, natural labour - went in to hospital for my sweep with bad braxton hicks and I was 8cm :o
    Claire Holly was born at 11.19am on Tuesday and weighed 9lbs1oz. No pain relief either!! :eek:

Ah delighted for you ShaSha, and what a beautiful name! xx

ShaShaBear wrote:
    Well, we were fortunate enough to have a nice, natural labour - went in to hospital for my sweep with bad braxton hicks and I was 8cm Claire Holly was born at 11.19am on Tuesday and weighed 9lbs1oz. No pain relief either!!

Congratulations! That's fantastic you weren't induced in the end. Lovely name too ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Wow shasha. No pain relief with a babs that size. I salute u. Congrats. Nice name

Congratulations ShaSha :-) Ye must be delighted! Best of luck with your wee family. I'm due today and no sign of labour yet...

Baby girl arrived safe and sound yesterday afternoon after a short labour. It feels like a blur now. Feeding going well and enjoying the rest before going home to an energetic toddler :-)
    Best of luck to all the December babies born and yet to be born :-)

Congrats Woolywoman! Pretty jealous of all you ladies who are done and dusted! Had 40 week visit today and baby still not fully engaged so looks like I'll definitely go over and possibly be induced. Disappointed but I'll give the ball, lunges and walking my best shot in the meantime. Really hoping my December baby doesn't turn into a January baby 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

I was in the November thread but baby boy came 12 days over due on the 8th DEC, 9lbs1oz and 54 cm long, didnt have time for pain relief although I was shouting for it towards the end, baby was born at 12.15 am and I was discharged by 4pm that day, by my own request, don't knownifnany of you ladies were in holles st but the noise with the building work going on was unreal, couldn't stand to stay a minute longer than necessary. We have our two week check tomo, baby doing great and breastfeeding really well. I bought an electric pump which is amazing as its hard to breast feed with a two year old running around too. Hope everyone is doing well x

• Advertisement

Congratulations! Great that you got home so soon! Can relate to the building noise in holles street! Was in today for fetal monitoring and the noise was insane! Poor baby was kicking and moving like goodo with all the commotion!

Advertisement