Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skinny ass steaks

Options
  • 27-03-2015 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭

I've been a serious fan of lidl steak for the last year or so. Buuuut...got steaks this evening and they've tesco-fied them!!

Lots of packaging, tasty looking steak... and you open it to discover the skinniest bit of steak imaginable. Totally impossible to sear it on the outside and have the bloody goodness on the inside:(

lamenting my Friday treat evening meal :((

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

have always heard that they're nice in lidl's but have never bought meat there or aldi. always stick with our local butcher - love steak:)
    sorry your friday night treat evening meal is ruined:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

have always heard that they're nice in lidl's but have never bought meat there or aldi. always stick with our local butcher - love steak:)
    sorry your friday night treat evening meal is ruined:(

I'm so butt-hurt my only recourse is internet whinging:( I do appreciate your condolences however!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Get your bum over to Aldi, find the black-packaged Specially Selected Angus Steaks (2 big thick juicy steaks) Get €11.99 out of your wallet. Pay for said steaks.
    Get home and cook 'em. Eat.
    You're welcome.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

+100 for Aldi, it's all I buy. The Sirloin ones in the black box, two really good sized ones for €10 - can't beat it. I also hate flat steaks and these are a good solid thinkness and size, with excellent flavour. I bought some Lidl ones the other day - they were nice but definitely not as good.

People always seem to laugh at me when I say I'll only buy steaks from Aldi, but every time I go into a butcher I'm disappointed with the size and quality - or ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Or the Beef Medallions, thick enough to leave red in centre. No marbling, but then they are not cut from a different part of the animal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement