Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why KFC gravy tastes so nice

2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

My one experience with KFC involved a delayed flight, no where else open, and a need to eat. Absolutely foul and inedible stuff, even by the shockingly low standards set by other fast food chains. How places like that manage to establish a presence all over the world shows how little people think about the food they eat.

Would you buy shares?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I want to roll around in their gravy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I'm not pushed on the gravy here but it's lovely in the US. Tastes like our pepper sauce. I know KFC is unhealthy but I think it's really delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

unkel wrote: »
    Did any of you actually pay attention to the video / link at all and try and put it into perspective?

It claimed the rapeseed oil (probably the healthiest oil you can use in mass commercial frying) used for frying is replaced every 4 or 5 days. That really is not too bad.

Rapeseed oil is mainly unsaturated fat, a mix of poly and monounsaturated fats. As such it is much more vulnerable as a fat to repeated heating that a more stable saturated fat like beef dripping or even coconut fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

A really good gravy should be a rich and decedant treat to compliment good meat. Not something you dip the most gross pieces of 'chicken' into at a plastic table, before shoving the remains into a bin. It's dreadful stuff and really bad value.

What do you mean "the most gross pieces"? :confused: Breast, leg, thigh? :confused: Reconstituted stuff too, but they have whole pieces too.

Not a KFC fan but they use the standard bits.

Nailz wrote: »
    KFC is not a ****ing patch on Hillbilly's in so many dimensions, especially their gravy!

Was so disappointed when I moved to Cork and first went to Hilbilly's. Bogstandard fayre.

fussyonion wrote: »
    I like the idea of KFC. It always *looks* nice and my other half adores it, though he doesn't eat it very often.
    But whenever I've had it, it's been greasy, not crispy like it looks on the telly ads.

This is exactly my problem with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

You'd swear alot of people here were born with a silver spoon in mouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Just another reason to avoid fast food!

Never touch the stuff anymore... and much better off for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

I look down on people who eat this kind of food, fair enough if you are poor, but if you educated, it really is mind boggling that people would put this stuff into their bodies

you do know that poor doesn't necessarily mean uneducated...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

you do know that poor doesn't necessarily mean uneducated...?
    where did I say that?

where did I say that?

you didn't. hence asking if you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

you didn't. hence asking if you know.
    oh right, thanks, the point I was making is that people with not much money usually eat this sort of filth, as it is relatively cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Chicken Hut in Limerick :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Best fried chicken in the world, absolutely, hands down, is Willie Mae's Scotch House in the French quarter, New Orleans.

Long way to travel for chicken, but worth it.

Could teach the Colonel a thing or two :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Best fried chicken in the world, absolutely, hands down, is Willie Mae's Scotch House in the French quarter, New Orleans.

Long way to travel for chicken, but worth it.

Could teach the Colonel a thing or two :D
    Never had a shnackbox in Supermac's Ballinasloe after a rake of pints then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I look down on people who eat this kind of food, fair enough if you are poor, but if you educated, it really is mind boggling that people would put this stuff into their bodies

Yeah, but you look down on everybody, so may as well get some KFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

That's probably because you're an vacuous superficial idiot

Because you dont know how good gravy should be made or taste like :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I don't have much use for pressing benches together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

It's addictive food so that is why people eat it.

It's addictive food so that is why people eat it.

every time I see this thread pop-up the KFC cravings start :D

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Boneless banquet with gravy is the best thing you can get from the big 3 US fast food outlets. :)

The gravy is class. Don't care if it's 5 day old stuff from the fryer, if I go to somewhere like KFC it's fair to say I'm not looking anything overly nutritional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I will say that KFC is the worst fast food though. While super macs gets a bad rep because of culchie associations ( somewhat understandably) it's actually not as bad as you might think.
    To me supermacs has always been like something you would get cooked in someones house, not in a good way, just totally bog standard frozen burger in a supermarket cheap bun with frozen chips for a bunch of kids, etc. I am not saying anything about quality or other chains, but some other chains are quite distinct in what they give you.

The KFC thing surprised me as I would have presumed it was all made identically and would come in big bottles. Most of these chains really make an effort to taste the same no matter where you are in the world.

Advertisement