Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New scientific findings re spaying/neutering

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Another homeopathy proponent:D

Like I said above, I am not questioning the viszla study. I am remarking that the likes of Mercola and that skeptvet as linked above are jumping on it as it fits in with their agenda. ;)

ahhh ...you didn't even read the second link :D

They cast a lot of the same doubts over the study as you did ...I'd have thought you'd be quoting it ten times over :D

Look ..I didn't just crawl out from under my anti spaying/neutering tin foil hat to start this topic, stir some s**t and the disappear again.

I'm a responsible owner of four dogs, I love them to bits and I want to do what is best for them.

As far as the youngest male is concerned my mind is pretty much made up ...he's staying intact.
    But what we would do if we got another young female ...I'm still not sure.

As for the resident old lady ...unless some other medical reason makes it necessary, I'm not going to subject her to such an invasive OP in her old age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Here's another study, comparing Labrador and Golden Retrievers this time ...even with graphs :D

http://www.instituteofcaninebiology.org/spay--neuter-effects.html
    In Labrador Retrievers, where about 5 percent of gonadally intact males and females had one or more joint disorders, neutering at <6 mo. doubled the incidence of one or more joint disorders in both sexes. In male and female Golden Retrievers, with the same 5 percent rate of joint disorders in intact dogs, neutering at <6 mo. increased the incidence of a joint disorder to 4-5 times that of intact dogs.

Advertisement