Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to divide PC for several different users?

Options
  • 27-03-2015 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'd be grateful if someone who knows anything about the following could give me a little advice. I'm pretty clueless about computers, so best keep it simple please.

We (myself and my family) would like to know how we could each have our own separate log-ins for the family PC, in such a way that on starting the PC there is a log-in with its own password for each of us.

And if that is possible, whether there is a means of timing how long each user has been on the computer for through the day (i.e. adding up the sum of all stints that each user has been on for each day).

Our computer is a Dell Inspiron 620, with Windows 7 Home Premium operating system.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭TheCowboy

Jayzesake wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'd be grateful if someone who knows anything about the following could give me a little advice. I'm pretty clueless about computers, so best keep it simple please.

We (myself and my family) would like to know how we could each have our own separate log-ins for the family PC, in such a way that on starting the PC there is a log-in with its own password for each of us.

And if that is possible, whether there is a means of timing how long each user has been on the computer for through the day (i.e. adding up the sum of all stints that each user has been on for each day).

Our computer is a Dell Inspiron 620, with Windows 7 Home Premium operating system.

Thanks for any advice.
    create a user account for each person
    google create user account win 7 premium and read second result i.e howtogeek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Jayzesake wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Thanks for any advice.

Control Panel > Users

You can add users with different privileges. I keep my own account as admin level and the kids as guest so they can't make any major changes. Not sure about the timekeeping but it might be difficult to keep accurate measure if someone switches user as opposed to logging off completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Jayzesake

Thanks for the replies, after a few glasses of wine the head's refusing to engage right now, will try in the morning.

Advertisement