Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Russia-Montenegro suspended

• 27-03-2015 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭

Russia-Montenegro has apparently been abandoned after crowd trouble.

Akinfeev hit by a flare apparently.

Edit: Video here
    https://vine.co/v/O32uqLYMg6X

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Liam O wrote: »
    Russia-Montenegro has apparently been abandoned after crowd trouble.
    Hasn't been abandoned yet, I don't think. Akinfeev hit by a flare, crowd are still there getting wound up by the PA announcer.

Players are back on the pitch, be a bit of an atmosphere now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Shouldn't have been restarted, match should have been awarded to Russia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Thank god Jonathan Walters wasn't present

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Thank god Jonathan Walters wasn't present

He'd have swallowed the flare like the Hulk. :P

Bit of a difference between a player being hit by a flare and a pansy referee stopping the game because of a bit of hail. Walters was right.....it was ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    He'd have swallowed the flare like the Hulk. :P

Bit of a difference between a player being hit by a flare and a pansy referee stopping the game because of a bit of hail. Walters was right.....it was ridiculous.

oh he just annoys me so much, I hated when he said that footballers spitting at each other was the lowest of the low.

I would love to see him forced to go talk to some Ugandan girl who had just been gang raped by a militial gang and tell her that what happened to her was not as bad as a footballer spitting at another one, he makes my blood boil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

oh he just annoys me so much, I hated when he said that footballers spitting at each other was the lowest of the low.

I would love to see him forced to go talk to some Ugandan girl who had just been gang raped by a militial gang and tell her that what happened to her was not as bad as a footballer spitting at another one, he makes my blood boil.

Way to take something out of context.

It was blatantly obvious he was talking about on the football pitch :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Guffy

Sigh.... context you've heard of this right?

They're off again, for good this time it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Scumbags. Hopefully he's alright.

• Advertisement

gufc21 wrote: »
    Sigh.... context you've heard of this right?

I don't get it? If we give everyone the benefit of context then how can we blindly hate caricatures of people that annoy us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

They're off again, for good this time it seems.

what happened the second time?

I don't get it? If we give everyone the benefit of context then how can we blindly hate caricatures of people that annoy us?

Well clearly you just have a chip on your shoulder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I have Russia in a bet hope it's null and void now, disgusting carry on from the crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Thread title implies Russia were at home :(
    I have Russia in a bet hope it's null and void now, disgusting carry on from the crowd.

Different bookies etc but here is PPs rule

https://support.paddypower.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1368/kw/abandoned/p/6

what happened the second time?
    Didn't seem to be any crowd trouble, Montenegran goalie saved a contentious pen, there was a bit of dissent beforehand that carried on after, few players and subs got involved, ref just said that's it. Probably had stipulated that if there was any trouble of any kind he was calling it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

It looked to me that after the penalty was saved and ball cleared for a throw. The Russian player over the throw was struck by an object. You can see him hand the object over to the ref who immediately calls the game off. My guess is it was a knife?

It will be, in general the game will be given 24 hours to be replayed. I know 365 have already paid out on it but some bookies will hold on to your money until the 24 hour period has passed. Coral are still holding bets for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Disgusting stuff. As always, an idiotic minority ruins it for everyone else. Game should've been abandoned after Akinfeev went off to be honest.

Advertisement