Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notified Fees

Options
  • 27-03-2015 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

This is the second time that I have not been notified in writing prior to withdrawal of fees.  I have a budget, I work with a budget & I don't appreciate the fact that having checked my online banking that a withdrawal has been made without prior knowledge. This has never been an issue before I have always recieved a letter in writing to inform me. Why has this changed?  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi cuana,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

If the fees on your account during the previous quarter were greater than €12.70, you should have received a fee notification statement.

If you are registered for eStatements on Bank of Ireland 365 Online, the statement will be an eDocument that can be viewed online via the 'Statements' - 'Statements & Documents' tabs.

If you are not registered for eStatements, the notification would be posted to the address on your account.

If your fees were over €12.70 and you did not receive notification, we would suggest calling BOI365 on 0818 365 365 / +353 1 4044000 and a rep will be happy to look into this. The rep can also assist with any balance/transaction queries you may have. Representative assisted hours are 8am - 12 midnight Mon - Fri and 9am - 6pm Sat, Sun and Bank/Public Holidays.

If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know.

Thanks

Billy

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Billy I would suggest that a fee summary / warning box is added to the front page. I.e. to inform if fees will be charged above the flat rate for this quarter, and if so what the current balance is. There's no excuse in this day and age to lock this information into a PDF buried within the navigation. 

Also is the fee quarter fixed, i.e. are there specific start/end dates for each quarter and where are they to be found? 

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭cuana

I'm guilty of not checking my online account enough!! Regardless I'm changing bank fees are ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Red Alert wrote: »
    Billy I would suggest that a fee summary / warning box is added to the front page. I.e. to inform if fees will be charged above the flat rate for this quarter, and if so what the current balance is. There's no excuse in this day and age to lock this information into a PDF buried within the navigation. 

Also is the fee quarter fixed, i.e. are there specific start/end dates for each quarter and where are they to be found? 
    Hi Red Alert,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

The fee quarter dates for 2015 are as follows:

QTR 1: 24th November 2014 - 20th February 2015
    QTR 2: 23rd February 2015 - 22nd May 2015
    QTR 3: 25th May 2015 - 21st August 2015
    QTR 4: 24th August 2015 - 20th November 2015

And the dates the fees are posted are as follows:

27th March 2015
    26th June 2015
    25th September 2015
    31st December 2015

More information on fees and charges can be found here.

I will certainly pass on your feedback to the team and please get in touch again if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

cuana wrote: »
    I'm guilty of not checking my online account enough!! Regardless I'm changing bank fees are ridiculous.
    Hi cuana,

Sorry to hear this, if you would like to discuss this further I can certainly arrange a call back for you. Please send your name, branch and a contact number in a PM.

If there is anything else that I can help you with here please let me know.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Thanks for posting the dates.

What is the formula to qualify for flat rate fees? 

Red Alert wrote: »
    Thanks for posting the dates.

What is the formula to qualify for flat rate fees? 
    Hi Red Alert,

Thanks for your post.

A list of the fees and charges for personal customers can be found here.

However you will not pay quarterly transaction fees if you keep a minimum of €3,000 in your personal current account at all times, you will just pay the €5 quarterly maintenance fee.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement