Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mgt/Letting Agencies Dublin city centre

Options
  • 28-03-2015 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi,

I am letting out a property for past 2 years now to agency (mgt and letting).

Year 1 Letting 6% plus VAT pa Mgt 5% plus VAT pa

Year 2 Letting the same ... but Mgt 7% plus VAT pa

Year 3 Turnover of tenancies has increased - tenants on temporary work contracts and getting renewed.

However, this coming and going means (repeated payments of Euro 90 to PTRB) and

hitting me way more often now in that there are more frequent inspections of the place

and that the 'checklist' of (small jobs) to do (mainly painting/fixing perennial problems with stiff door) is accumulating.

Long story short, I want to look around towards getting another agency/better rates as I

feel that the current lot are starting to totally take me for a ride financially and have in the

past 6 months gotten over-zealous with small repairs (splitting them up over a number of

months, instead of getting 1 handyman to do all together).

Expecting another substantial increase later this year so just want to know if the above is

excessive - given the current 'bounce' in the property market for such agencies fielding

rent enquires in a market with insufficient properties.

What rates apply out there at the moment?

I need to keep outsourcing this at the moment - I recognise that they are a 'necessary evil'

but with no full month's rent received since Jan 2015, it is looking like a one-sided

relationship totally in their favour. In the middle of exams, otherwise I would/should have

disputed their M.O and/or seek a new agency by now for the newly beginning tenancy - but time

against me this time.

Of course, I know that they are all in the same game - but the current provider did have good value (relative to his competitors at the time).

Thanks in advance,
    OliveK

Advertisement