Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Problem with wrestling fans...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Wrestling fans hate wrestling ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Itssoeasy wrote:
    Wrestling fans hate wrestling ?

I think it's more a case of finding it tough to stick up for.

I'd say a lot of us can probably relate to that awkward moment where you're in a group of people and someone makes a negative comment about wrestling. Personally speaking I wouldn't be as open as the chap in this video and reveal my interest in it straight off the bat.

I find I tend to scope out the situation by saying something like, 'Well I used to watch it quite a lot when I was younger...'

Then I'll wait to see if anyone offers up a similar comment. If they do, I'll mention that I happened to catch the recent Wrestlemania and see if there is common ground there too. If there is I find I'm actually talking to someone who is fairly clued into what's going on but is as sheepish about revealing it as I am. Maybe I'm alone in taking this approach, I don't know. :pac:

I would not be comfortable revealing I'm a wrestling fan as I think it's viewed negatively by the mainstream, unlike say soccer, rugby, GAA, and even soaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I really just see it as a sports soap, although the last few years i have just read what happens and watch Wrestlemania etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

The way I look at it is quite simple. Women are able to watch their soaps with no judgment, I consider wwe to be the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Ha I know someone exactly like this. When I asked him if he'll be watching WrestleMania, he said "I don't watch that ****e" and pretended not to know who is in the main event, then on deeper probing he lists off detailed opinions on everything that's going to happen and why.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Although hilarious everything said in that video is right haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Same as football. I sometimes hate my team more than I love it. And that's why I am a life long Cork City fan. Stupid bastards upset me more than cause happiness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

gimmick wrote: »
    Same as football. I sometimes hate my team more than I love it. And that's why I am a life long Cork City fan. Stupid bastards upset me more than cause happiness.

I support Liverpool so I feel your pain.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Me too. Pain is well known here haha.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Don't worry ye will go again...

• Advertisement
Advertisement