Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Insurance recovery impact on NCB - MCE

• 28-03-2015 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Had bike stolen but recovered within a few hours. It was hotwired but I can't get it to start to bring to garage for repairs and check any other damage.

I have accident recovery included on my MCE policy but not sure if this would impact my NCB. The policy doesn't state if NCB is affected or otherwise.

I could probably organise recovery at my own cost but if would make use of the insurance if its included with no NCB impact. Obviously don't want to lose valuable NCB for the sake of ~€50 recovery that I could organise privately.

In these situations, is it possible to clarify directly with the insurer on the above or will notification alone mean that my NCB is affected regardless of whether I get them to recover the bike in the end?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

I'd be very surprised if NCB was affected by recovery! Every puncture means a loss? But it is insurance so you will only get the definitive answer from your insurer especially as it is connected to a theft!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just ask them for peace of mind.

Nothing would surprise me when it comes to insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

It'll go down as a claim on your policy but won't affect NCB or the premium, similar to windscreen claims on cars, and you will have to inform other insurers when looking for any motor policy

A few in a year will have an impact on the premium as you are making claims even though they aren't your fault. Interesting thing is if you've had 3 no fault motoring claims you get a loaded premium, as statistically you are more likely to be involved in another incident.

Advertisement