Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

was i wrong

• 28-03-2015 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42 dartsplayer

my background is i was in a long term relationship. i broke up a year ago and have only recently gone out looking for girls, now i don't remember anything about the ediquit of chatting up women. anyway i was chatting to a girl for a long time a bloke who id met before and thought was a nice guy came up and started chatting to her i got annoyed and started to swear at him a lot very direct. till he went away. was i wrong.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Also, try peeing on her leg next time. That means she's yours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Was this before or after school?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

my background is i was in a long term relationship. i broke up a year ago and have only recently gone out looking for girls, now i don't remember anything about the ediquit of chatting up women. anyway i was chatting to a girl for a long time a bloke who id met before and thought was a nice guy came up and started chatting to her i got annoyed and started to swear at him a lot very direct. till he went away. was i wrong.

Did you get the girl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Yes, you were very wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I shall forward you my ediquit tips on receipt of your postal order for €20.00.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 dartsplayer

well i went off with her and two other couples to copper face jacks. it was like 3am. she seemed to be annoyed anyway she went off with some other bloke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Also, try peeing on her leg next time. That means she's yours.

Also start growling if another fella comes near her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Ediquit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

All's fair in love & war my friend, I'd have told someone to f*ck off in that situation too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Wow, that's an attractive trait, op. Strongly recommend you do something about that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

jamesbere wrote: »
    Feck that half assed growling, you need to cut to the chase.
    Times like that call for full on barking and howling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Do i dr.zoidburg dance next time op. She'll be yours forever then, sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

If you lick her, you own her.
    Cat law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

So you paid into Coppers for her and some other guy gets the ride...too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

No. Once she engaged in convo you own her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Why did you start swearing at him :confused:

cause he was interupting me in my chatting up of her, he could see i was into her. hmmm.... i do seem a bit childish but what else was i supposed to do

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Why did you start swearing at him :confused:

It was his first bit of female contact in over a year and someone tried to take it away from him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

cause he was interupting me in my chatting up of her, he could see i was into her. hmmm.... i do seem a bit childish but what else was i supposed to do

Emm....sure move on.....if she's not into you :confused:

There's thousands of single wans out there....very few are worth getting wound up and curseing at randomers over....life's too short??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Big roll of labels. That's what you need OP.
    Get ready well in advance of your next night out.
    Rig up the old PC and printer and print off a few dozen labels with PROPERTY OF DARTSPLAYER. As soon as you spot any member of the opposite sex make sure you affix one of the labels to her forehead. Might be worth checking on Viking direct if they stock extra sticky labels. If you use the labels properly it should help avoid any future misunderstanding with other guys in the pub.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

step back a few meters and throw darts at his bulls eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

jamesbere wrote: »

I puff out my hair and stand on my hind legs to look big. It also helps that my arse is the reddest in the land.

but it was if he was bothering her and wouldn't go away. i'm not sure. i do realise women are capable of saying no. maybe i was in the wrong. i dont know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

well i went off with her and two other couples to copper face jacks. it was like 3am. she seemed to be annoyed anyway she went off with some other bloke

Her first impression of you was an angry stranger who swears at people he doesn't know, it's no surprise she went off with some other bloke. You came across as possessive jealous and bad tempered. Now ask yourself again if you were wrong and be truthful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

was i wrong.

yes

lol

Women can't make their own choices and evaluations. Women are distracted by the first male to lay claim and chat to them in an evening.
    Under no circumstances should women subsequently be allowed any conversation or interaction with another male ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,725 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I think you just answered your own question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Move on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

>>>>>Relationship Forum>>>>>>>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

Next time, start throwing slaps. People remember stuff like that - it will save having to keep swearing at new lads that encroach. Women love a lad who fights over them..possibly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

i think you obviously know you were wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

not saying you were right OP but the other guy was a dickhead

dickheads should be abused so maybe you were great.

in future threaten him when your one is gone to the jacks or the bar so she doesn't see you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

You still had options at this point .
    There was a potential orgy with you , her and the other two couples , an outside bet I know .
    Following on there was a clear threesome with you , her and the bloke she eventually fecked off with .
    Finally you could have played hardball and drank a skinfull of beer , shots and wandered off by yourself nonchalantly glaring at the gathering crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

bluewolf wrote: »
    Women can't make their own choices and evaluations. Women are distracted by the first male to lay claim and chat to them in an evening.
    Under no circumstances should women subsequently be allowed any conversation or interaction with another male ...

That's a really outdated view of things, these days a bigger male can challenge and only after sufficient fighting does the female have to go home to the male. There he presents her with an arrangement of shiny objects and a regurgitated meal. Only if she's happy with this and the state of his nest will she submit to the mount.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

All you needed to say was I saw her first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

bluewolf wrote: »

I've been doing it wrong this whole time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Wowza!

What a turn on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Pistols at dawn tbh OP

That guy tried to make a fool of you and now you need to make him pay

I'll be your second, meet ya in the Phoenix Park tomorrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

The most important thing is, how did she react? Did ya score?

You are meant to be a hunter,god Damn it. This chap tried to mark your turf Bhra.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Pistols at dawn tbh OP

That guy tried to make a fool of you and now you need to make him pay

I'll be your second, meet ya in the Phoenix Park tomorrow

Meet him in the Phoenix Park? He wanted the ride off her, not you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Wang King wrote: »
    Meet him in the Phoenix Park? He wanted the ride off her, not you!!

Maybe he wants all the rides?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

I hope you took the drink you just bought her with you as left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

If that's really how it went down, op.... then who cares if you gave him abuse. You werent in the wrong.

You were chatting up a girl and your so called mate was trying to get in there. Shafting you. So who cares? Pay no attention to people on here. After Hours draws alot of wind-up merchants.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

You took her to Copper Face Jacks?

You don't take an apple to an orchard!

i made friends with him again, after i apologised profusley. :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Nib wrote: »
    Ediquit.

The other guys name was eddy an OP told him quit pestering the girl.
    EDIQUIT!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Well he was obviously being a prick trying a robbery ........... however the goal is to get the girl so your reaction well and truly f****d that up ......... what you should have done is stand there letting him talk and wait for him to say something stupid so you could take the piss out of him in a "I'm only joking" way while winking at her ......... if she laughs you're in, you'll be the funny nice guy and he'll be the idiot intruding on you two having a laugh together ......... if she doesn't laugh then you're the idiot so move on to your next victim asap before Copper's closes!!!

You're welcome ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I was the other bloke she went off with OP. Thanks OP...you did all the groundwork and I got the spoils. Cheers again there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

mfceiling wrote: »
    I was the other bloke she went off with OP. Thanks OP...you did all the groundwork and I got the spoils. Cheers again there.

He got her wet, and you slid into home plate... Niiiccee

• Advertisement
Advertisement