Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to Istanbul!

• 28-03-2015 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

I just saw this banner(rougly 10'x10')flying at an entrance to a housing estate in Limerick.I found it quite funny but id imagine some people will see it as offensive and bad taste. There is a big soccer match on in this estate tomorrow with a team coming from Wexford to play them.Hopefully its meant as a joke.:pac:
    (My fone was dead to take a pic otherwise i would have posted in the Where is this thread)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

That sounds pretty cool! I don't think anyone would take offense. I think it's a reference to Man Utd going to Istanbul years ago, and getting a hostile reception.
    Where is it? Might try and get a photo tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Moyross isn't it? I spotted something about them playing a big game in the post this week. Are they a new powerhouse in local football or is it a lucky run, Ballynanty were the recent top dogs in that part of the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

So that's the context of the banner... Cool.

It's at the entrance to Moyross near Eurospar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

seachto7 wrote: »
    That sounds pretty cool! I don't think anyone would take offense. I think it's a reference to Man Utd going to Istanbul years ago, and getting a hostile reception.
    Where is it? Might try and get a photo tomorrow.

The welcome utd got was Welcome to Hell should have replicated it for tomorrows game :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭apc

Saw a picture of it, it said INSTANBUL not Istanbul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I'm due to fly there in a couple of weeks. Needn't bother now.

Advertisement