Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dirty house

Options
  • 28-03-2015 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

hi.im currently renting a house wich i moved into yesterday.i paid 750 deposit and 700 rent inadvance for tuesday.im unhappy with the condtion of the house.The place is d exact same as it was the minute previous tenants left,nothing has being cleaned skirting is filthy cookers kettles etc walls are filthy with plaster peeling vents are jammed shut and no curtains.its my first house to rent so jus looking for advice.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭johnogog88

also floors wernt even swept.my friend rents out houses and my made up a list of things that need doing its two pages long.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Why did you pay up front knowing the condition?
    You should let the landlord know you'll only move in unless he cleans the place first... but you've already paid up...
    Still worth asking, but you'll know for next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭johnogog88

i assumed he would tidy the place for before i move in any other place viewed the landlord said the place would be repainted and cleaned.thanks for your comment

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Call them first thing Monday and present them with your list (with photographic evidence), explaining that you expected the property to have been clean and re-freshed since the last person stayed there.
    You then have a few choices,
    Ask for all of your money back and move out,
    Tell them you are withholding paying rent until all issues have been rectified,
    Offer to have the place cleaned and decorated, but the money required for it will have to be deducted from the rent.

Advertisement