Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 5 | Finale | Conquer [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hyzepher wrote: »
    After Rick locks the gate, how do Daryll et al get in?

Diana's son was sent back to the gate when rick showed up with the walker corpse so he could have let them back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    They were playing up the angle in this ep about how naive and cosseted the Alexandrians are, I thought this was just another example ... it literally didn't occur to them that anyone would not close the gate.

I think that's probably something to do with it, but I think it's more to do with the fact that it suited the story and where the writers wanted to take it. Other times fellas were coming in the gate, the chap on the gate would pull it over and let everyone in, then close behind without stepping away as he did with Gabriel.

As people have said, it's probably best to suspend any thoughts of rationality or logic when watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Morgan and his kung fu stick reminds of the blind Japanese fella in World War Z.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I thought it was a perfectly paced episode.

The gate thing, it showed how naive the Alexandrians are, he thought "I have to go to this meeting, here, close that gate." I mean, he's a priest, right? They're super trustworthy. The fact he was PTSD'd up the gicker didn't even register.

Taken from reddit
    Carol set him up.

That was a man who had to feel power and control by beating on his wife. A woman forced her way into his house, threatened him, emasculated him, told him what to do, how it was going to be done and then intimidated him and turned her back on him like he was nothing as she walked out the door.

She knows that kind of man, she was married to him. She knew he would stew, he would rage and break things and get angrier and angrier until he did something stupid and then when Pete was on the side of a forgiveable act and Rick was going to stop him, she told Rick to wait and 3 seconds for him to cross that line, then something happened and then 3 seconds later Rick shoots him by Deanna's request.

Rick didn't kill him with a gun, Carol killed him with a casserole.

While I don't know if I agree with whether or not Rick shot Pete or Deanna's husband/walker-to-be, but the sentiment stands. Carol orchestrated this. Even without the walker interruption, and if Rick had been there pleading his case, Pete would have come in blazing, full of liquor, and would still have ended up on the wrong side.

I'm going to bet the Wolves are a small group. Maybe even just the 2 lads. They'll use the walkers as their weapon. As someone said, smash through a fence, release the hounds walkers, then just round em up, and stroll through taking what they want. It's smart. Small group is easier to manage, easier to find enough supplies, easy to move. They don't look like they are fighters. Not everyone is going to be tough as nails. But smarts can handle it as well as brawn. And if they surround ASZ, by laying traps, and biding time, they could well decimate the ASZ. Remember arseholes come in all sizes!

And Eugene waking up, and just being Eugene at Abraham. How could you not laugh.

For me, the last half of the season really went up with it's story telling. I can't wait for the next season. This has me more hyped than any cliff hanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

When Rick got a gob full of walker pulp I thought he was in trouble til I remembered that they're all infected, so he'll be all right, cuz he a walker after all

... Sorry I ended up quoting Artic Monkeys there

Still though, id say getting a mouth full of walker juice is rotten and wonder if it has any health implications to Officer Friendly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

Oh and the guy is like a toddler on Spag Bol night, he cant get through one episode without COVERING himself in sauce

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Oh by the way Stephen King is apparently writing an episode for season 6.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Oh by the way Stephen King is apparently writing an episode for season 6.

Yeaaaaahhhhhhhh, I'mma need a source on that.

Stephen King's facebook page posted the link :)

edit: its on stephenking.com

Stephen King's facebook page posted the link :)

edit: its on stephenking.com

You do know that today is not the day to believe the internet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Your source is checking today's date on a calendar.

You do know that today is not the day to believe the internet?

I do but I really hope it is real, apparently they are going to film the New "IT" in bangor aswell. If it is real it would be great news.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If he did write one (he won't) most of it would be brilliant but the ending would be a real disappointment.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I thought it was fairly clear after the previous episode's Deanna vs Rick discussion (about Pete needing to be offed...) that Deanna finally realised that leaving bad people alive is no longer an option when you are fighting for survival. They didn't finish the argument really, and I took it to mean she sees Ricks way as right, now.

Standout character of the season is Carol, what an absolute badass... the bit about telling children stories was brilliant. She's really grown on me as a character and her acting is perfectly pitched imho.

I could live without Fr Whingalot and Sasha is also quite annoying but Michonne and Glen are good and Daryl is still awesome. I really wanted to see Glen off that coward bloke, just to round out the groups move towards badassitude.

Roll on Sept and the Wolves, hopefully more of Morgans quarterstaff skills, Carol going full postal, Sasha getting back to shooting things in the head and Daryl being Daryl...

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

Just re-watched the end of the episode, Rick shot the Pete, Rick was looking at Dianna (who was still cradling her dead husband) when she gave the word, and he had to almost do a 180 degree turn to aim and fire. Pete's dead and Rick is one step closer to a victory blow job.

Good episode overall, admit I was a bit surprised at there not being a cliff-hanger, but at the same time though, its nice to see a different approach being used by the writers.

Overall, I think S6 was extremely strong compared to previous seasons, sure there were some lulls, but take as a whole, a very good season, looking forward to Season 7.

KT10 wrote: »
    Just re-watched the end of the episode, Rick shot the Pete, Rick was looking at Dianna (who was still cradling her dead husband) when she gave the word, and he had to almost do a 180 degree turn to aim and fire. Pete's dead and Rick is one step closer to a victory blow job.

Good episode overall, admit I was a bit surprised at there not being a cliff-hanger, but at the same time though, its nice to see a different approach being used by the writers.

Overall, I think S6 was extremely strong compared to previous seasons, sure there were some lulls, but take as a whole, a very good season, looking forward to Season 7.

Don't spoil season 6 for us :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

DeVore wrote: »
    Standout character of the season is Carol, what an absolute badass... the bit about telling children stories was brilliant. She's really grown on me as a character and her acting is perfectly pitched imho.

I agree.. Her character since she told Rick in season 4 that she killed Karen and David,and the episode "the grove" with the girls was her starting point to the carol she has been in season 5. Love it that her casserole killed Pete.

You would think AMC would let us know what season we are watching..especially in this media heavy age. ��

There was none for ep 15 - but here is everyone's favourite photo recap for The Finale!

http://imgur.com/a/m1qVG

This humour doesn't resonate with me at all. I get a few panels in and it feels like its been written by a teenager.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

yW7oxUw.jpg

Winner :pac:

(****ing song in my head all day now)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

This humour doesn't resonate with me at all. I get a few panels in and it feels like its been written by a teenager.

Yeah does nothing for me either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

Don't spoil season 6 for us :pac:
    D'oh! :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,296 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

granty1987 wrote: »
    When Rick got a gob full of walker pulp I thought he was in trouble til I remembered that they're all infected, so he'll be all right, cuz he a walker after all

... Sorry I ended up quoting Artic Monkeys there

Still though, id say getting a mouth full of walker juice is rotten and wonder if it has any health implications to Officer Friendly

In the first season at least, they cared about not getting any of the blood in their eyes and mouth. When they were stuck in the department store they covered their faces before putting the walker guts all over themselves so they could escape.

What about all those cuts on ricks face, how is walker blood getting in those different than a bite? Realistically I'd say it has health implications but not in the walking dead universe.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    In the first season at least, they cared about not getting any of the blood in their eyes and mouth. When they were stuck in the department store they covered their faces before putting the walker guts all over themselves so they could escape.

What about all those cuts on ricks face, how is walker blood getting in those different than a bite? Realistically I'd say it has health implications but not in the walking dead universe.

Just another inconsistency really. The bites kill because the person gets infected and dies from the infection, not from 'walker disease'. Perhaps the dead now carry a second thing that kills, but it can't infect orally, but only via direct entry into the bloodstream, similar to HIV.

How this accounts for not getting infected via cuts which a lot of them have all the time (especially someone who has recently been in a violent fight and went through a window) I do not know. Another thing to gloss over just. If they made it so that people could get infected this way then they would always have to be covered up fully when killing the dead or too many would die in this way so that it got a bit annoying.

I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭DeadHand

I find it hard to believe that the Wolves are limited to those two. Obviously, they are a group that incorporates walkers into their tactics but I still imagine there must be more manpower behind it.

No way would two relatively mediocre (in terms of strength, skill and cunning) guys have survived let alone cause so much havoc on their own.

I believe what we've seen is a small recon unit for a larger force. Guys who scout around for targets and check and reset the traps.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

DeadHand wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe that the Wolves are limited to those two. Obviously, they are a group that incorporates walkers into their tactics but I still imagine there must be more manpower behind it.

No way would two relatively mediocre (in terms of strength, skill and cunny) guys have survived let alone cause so much havoc on their own.

I believe what we've seen is a small recon unit for a larger force. Guys who scout around for targets and check and reset the traps.

Hee, hee! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

DeadHand wrote: »

No way would two relatively mediocre (in terms of strength, skill and cunny) guys have survived let alone cause so much havoc on their own.

Yes definitely more than two, I don't know why people think it's just two guys ffs, the truck loads of walkers cut up other camps wiped out, those truck traps. And obviously they bring people there to add to their zombie collection after taking their stuff.Must be part of larger plan for the wolf's. definitely a large group of scumbags s6 will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Wasn't a very funny recap this week but this made me laugh:
    NBMmdIp.jpg

Good episode, didn't occur to me that Carol had played Pete and orchestrated the whole thing but that makes sense. And it's completely at odds with Michonne's advice- "something will happen Rick, but don't MAKE something happen." Carol and Michonne definitely the stand out characters this season which is amazing as until this season Michonne was so one note. But here they have been the angel/devil on ricks shoulders and so far Carol is winning, that little nod at Rick to keep his gun down, she is playing Rick as well as everyone else.

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out. How they deal with Nicholas will be key, I can't imagine there been much support even in Rick's group to kill him in cold blood but they are the rules that Rick, Carol and now seemingly Deanna want to inforce. Elsewhere in this episode the group consistently chose forgiveness, selflessness and seeing the good in people.

I don't think Rick will be hooking up with yer one now.

I expect next season will open up with images of a more militarized Alexandria, with armed citizens, patrols etc...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Funny, I don't see Carol as the "devil" on Ricks shoulders at all. I think she's a cold pragmatist and I think she's probably the only one thinking really clearly at the minute... I love her attitude of "do whatever it takes to get the job you know needs doing, done".

She wasn't saving the family from the abusive father for herself, she wasn't lying to Alexandians for herself, she's doing it for other people, she just knows what needs to be done and has the courage to just do it. I like that!! (yes, probably best not to get caught in a Zombie Apocalypse with me. :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

DeVore wrote: »
    Funny, I don't see Carol as the "devil" on Ricks shoulders at all. I think she's a cold pragmatist and I think she's probably the only one thinking really clearly at the minute... I love her attitude of "do whatever it takes to get the job you know needs doing, done".

She wasn't saving the family from the abusive father for herself, she wasn't lying to Alexandians for herself, she's doing it for other people, she just knows what needs to be done and has the courage to just do it. I like that!! (yes, probably best not to get caught in a Zombie Apocalypse with me. :) )

I think there are times when Carol's cold pragmatism is so utterly devoid of humanity and understanding to be dangerous and as a leader Rick has to know when to stay in the middle ground. There were definitely better ways that this whole situation could have played out. Michonne was proved right, Alexandria's nativity was exposed all by itself when the zombie's got in and Rick got to be the hero and be proved right in front of everyone. But then Carol's forcing of the situation resulted in the deaths of two of the most important people in the town, the doctor and architect. And forced Rick over a line that many people in his own group will have trouble seeing him return from, never mind Morgan.

Also I don't believe Carol was been completely selfless in her handling of the wife-beater at all, she was exorcising her own demons and rashly demanded that Rick kill him before getting a real handle on the situation.

And yes I'll be adding you to my list of people I don't want to get stuck in zombie apocalypse with . DeVore: "Look at the flowers uncleoswald..." :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I enjoyed the episode but it just didn't feel like a finale for me! The wolves don't feel like big enough a threat and the Alexandria stuff is just like the prison or terminus etc. again.

Advertisement