Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interrrailing for over 25s?

• 28-03-2015 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am eager to do 7 - 10 days travelling around Europe in June.

I know that an Interrailing ticket is for those under 25, but I was wondering has anyone found anyway around this?

Looking to go around Germany, Poland, maybe Czech Republic too. It would be great if anyone had any information on the best and most affordable way to do this.

Thanks all!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

You can get a pass, they're just more expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Price up individual tickets on bahn.de - June is 90 days out now, so those tickets will be on sale at discounted prices at this stage. Add up the cost of the trains you are likely to take and then compare it to the price of the interrail (google it) and see whether it's worth buying the tickets individually or going for the pass. Remember that even with the interrail there are supplements to pay for some of the faster trains such as ICE.

z

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Buses around Germany are really cheap and often quicker than trains as they go direct from city to city. Where as DB trains between major cities, stop at every small town on the way. Meinfernbus.de is the one all of the Germans use. Like you can get a bus from Munich to Amsterdam for €33 each way

• Registered Users Posts: 4 iste

Hey

There is actually so many different combinations. I'm looking at going inter railing myself and we got a pretty good deal on our tickets from this little travel agency in Dublin. PAB travel on abbey St.

As long as you tell them what countries you are gonna be visiting they can get a fairly decent price. Like I priced an all country pass but the guy asked me which counties I was going to and when I told him Eastern Europe he was able to get the orice down by 50% :)

They initially quoted me €258 for 5 days unlimited countries but when I told him Eastern Europe he quoted me €137 for 8 days travel in a month :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

The ticket prices in Germany would be the most expensive but if you are going through eastern Europe then it may work out cheaper to buy the tickets as you go. The interrail ticket only works out cheaper if you are sticking to the main European countries .

The German website bahn.de is brilliant for planning an interrail trip, it will give you the routes between each city and the price for all of Europe, not just Germany.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

You can get them for over 25s no problem. You just don't get the under 25s discounts.

https://en.rail.cc/interrail-global-pass-5-in-10-days#adult-tab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How do they ID you for your age?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

The ticket has your date of birth and passport number, marks the ticket type as Youth or Adult and has the condition of only being valid with passport, so it's straightforward to cross check.

Advertisement