Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Sraith Pictiurs [Oral]

• 28-03-2015 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

Getting really worried now as my exam is in a couple of days, i've been hearing mixed opinions whether you can describe the pictures using simple irish but my irish teacher mentioned that it wasn't the case, so i was quite upset because all our sentences we took down for the sraith pictiurs were on easy level so is there any websites which gives you better sentences to upgrade your grade for the oral? Would appreciate it because those 80 marks are quite a lot :confused:

I'm aiming for a high mark too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Codswapple

Isfeidirleat(dot)ie have ones from 2012 and 2013 that are also on our course.

www(dot)edco(dot)ie/_fileupload/Sraith%20Pictiuir/SraithPictiur_11_11_2015_optimised.pdf theres all the ones if you dont have the book.

Personally i think its better to say simplier sentences perfectly than make mistakes while saying complicated sentences. My teacher says that 3 sentenses per picture is enough, but try not to start every sentence with bhí/tá. use different verbs if you can

Good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Getting really worried now as my exam is in a couple of days, i've been hearing mixed opinions whether you can describe the pictures using simple irish but my irish teacher mentioned that it wasn't the case, so i was quite upset because all our sentences we took down for the sraith pictiurs were on easy level so is there any websites which gives you better sentences to upgrade your grade for the oral? Would appreciate it because those 80 marks are quite a lot :confused:

I'm aiming for a high mark too!

So long as isn't "Bhí Aoife agus Sean ag caint. Bhí imní orthu. Bhí fearg orthu freisin", you should be fine just throw in nathanna cainte every now and again and you'll be grand.
    What the examiner is looking for is somebody who is comfortable speaking Irish, even if they don't have a varied vocab so long as you don't sound stilted and pausing every few seconds you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭essdee

You might find this short video on the sraith helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU4f-KXBVTY

Advertisement