Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit Card Transaction Limit?

Options
  • 28-03-2015 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭

Is there a limit to how much I can spend at a time on my card?
    If so, can it be changed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Addle wrote: »
    Is there a limit to how much I can spend at a time on my card?
    If so, can it be changed.
    Hi Addle,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

There is no limit for a point of sale transaction once you have available funds in your account to cover the transaction amount. However some retailers may have their own limit set with a maximum amount that they will accept.

There is a daily limit in place for the amount that you can withdraw at an ATM with your card. This limit can vary depending on the card and the type of account that you have.

To check the current ATM withdrawal limit for your card you can call 0818 365 365 or if you are registered for 365 Online, you can send a request through the Online Service Desk and one of our representatives will let you know.

I hope this helps and let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

Advertisement