Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€10 off €50 in Aldi [Sunday World + Sunday Independent]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

This post has been deleted.

In a hotel. Didn't realise they are not in the light edition. Thanks anyway.

Lads possible stupid question: I know Tesco accept these but will Lidl too? What with them being Aldi's arch rivals and all? I'm just back from Tesco Arthur's Quay where they wouldn't give me a €50 Tesco voucher with the €10 voucher!! When the same place happily did it for me before Christmas....the sister does a big shop at Lidl however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Not strictly related but something I often wondered and this thread has reminded me. When shops accept other shops vouchers - how does this work? Is it that they can then use them to part pay their employees, who (presumably) would then avoid deductions on whatever portion is paid in vouchers? Or do the shops from where the vouchers originated honour them and pay out in cash when they are presented by the other store? (seems unlikely)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Lads possible stupid question: I know Tesco accept these but will Lidl too? What with them being Aldi's arch rivals and all? I'm just back from Tesco Arthur's Quay where they wouldn't give me a €50 Tesco voucher with the €10 voucher!! When the same place happily did it for me before Christmas....the sister does a big shop at Lidl however.

I'm 99% sure Lidl wont accept them. I'd stock up on non perishables if i was you. (Or phone credit at tescos, lasts for 3 months)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

Jeez :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Not strictly related but something I often wondered and this thread has reminded me. When shops accept other shops vouchers - how does this work? Is it that they can then use them to part pay their employees, who (presumably) would then avoid deductions on whatever portion is paid in vouchers? Or do the shops from where the vouchers originated honour them and pay out in cash when they are presented by the other store? (seems unlikely)

Staff would likely cause a full scale civil war if they tried to pay them in money off vouchers - and you'd never encourage your staff to go to a competitor except on fact-finding anyway.

They swallow the cost from their marketing budget, basically.

L1011 wrote: »
    Staff would likely cause a full scale civil war if they tried to pay them in money off vouchers - and you'd never encourage your staff to go to a competitor except on fact-finding anyway.

I suppose :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

I'd guess the same.

Same as what Ryan Air do with the €1 flights. Gets people talking so basically marketing monies (or another way to spend your marketing budget).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭JoeCat

Any idea if this Sunday Indo still has vouchers for Aldi?

It's the only reason I would by this newspaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

JoeCat wrote: »
    Any idea if this Sunday Indo still has vouchers for Aldi?

It's the only reason I would by this newspaper.

Doesnt seem like it.

Bump: The current vouchers to be used by today.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Special Offer in the Sunday Independent of the 5th of April 2016 -
    One Free Child pass to Aquazone at the National Aquatic Centre on Page 2.

Terms and Conditions Apply (it doesn't say what they are)........

Think I'll pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Special Offer in the Sunday Independent of the 5th of April 2016 -
    One Free Child pass to Aquazone at the National Aquatic Centre on Page 2.

Terms and Conditions Apply (it doesn't say what they are)........

Think I'll pass.

It's only handy for someone with one kid, i'd imagine if you had two, it'd be like the insurance ad with the twins, have to say goodbye to the other one :eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Davy wrote: »
    Doesnt seem like it.

Bump: The current vouchers to be used by today.

thanks Davy, i thought they were safe till Sunday till i saw your post. i just made it in time. Phew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its likely (but not guaranteed) that the next vouchers will be mid/late summer, then Haloween then Christmas through New Year - think we're settled in to a cycle of sorts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Its likely (but not guaranteed) that the next vouchers will be mid/late summer, then Haloween then Christmas through New Year - think we're settled in to a cycle of sorts.

Ah shure, you won't find the christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Ah shure, you won't find the christmas.

You can find it here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

any chance of the tenner off lidl/aldi for the bank hol this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Will there be a voucher this week since lidl have one in the indo?!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭crayon80

murphf wrote: »
    since lidl have one in the indo?!
    also in Sunday World

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭The lips

I have several spare indo vouchers,

PM me if you would like one.

Advertisement