Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Office display requirements

Options
  • 28-03-2015 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone here can guide me. If someone sets up a Private limited company and uses a home office. Are they things which are legally required to be put up on the walls?

I know certificate of incorporation is one but other than that what else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tarmon

I think you are supposed to put a small sign with the business name on the front of your "premises" (i.e. your house) but in reality who does that and who checks it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Nothing at all.

The only issue is a private residence may not be used as a public office.

e.g. if you were a fashion agent and had retailer come to view ranges - this would not be allowed. However having visits from people regarding the running / management of the business is no issue (eg accountant, personal staff etc).

As for display - nothing required at all. Technically cert of incorp in a public space, but as you are in your home, this is not required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

If it is a rented property the lease probably excludes any such use!!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭doctorg

As far as I recall, I need to have some health and safety document up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

doctorg wrote: »
    As far as I recall, I need to have some health and safety document up?

I have no idea what is legally required. But would it do any harm to have a few important notices up? If you think its important put it up. Health and safety would be a good notice, but one that people will read and to the point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

Read delahuntv's post again!!

Advertisement