Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography fieldwork

• 28-03-2015 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I know there are already threads on this but I have very specific questions on the write up.
    My project is processes of marine erosion.
    My teacher was out all last week so I couldnt ask him my questions.
    I have done a task on differential erosion, a task on measurement of shore profile and wave frequency and one on measurement of shore fabric and attrition, is that enough? ( my teacher didn't say anything was wrong with them in the drafts)
    Also he said on my draft to give rational behind each method in relation to hypothesis, what does that mean?
    Is it necessary to include results on a graph of groups around you as well as yours?
    Should you do the results, conclusion and evaluation on a page each?
    I did results and cconclusion together and then half a page evaluation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭rockerdude15

Anyone? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Saz513

You should only write about the tasks you've actually done so as long as you've covered them all, you're fine!
    Giving the rational behind each method in relation to the hypothesis would probably mean why you did it? For example, you measured the rock roundness to investigate the effects of attrition...we used a clinometer in measuring the cliff height so we had to explain how this slotted in with the calculation method.
    Don't bother including other group's results as this is YOUR project. Your own results will probably fill up all the space anyways.
    Don't worry about how you did the results, conclusions and evaluation...as long as you have it all in a coherent fashion, it's fine! I didn't specifically differentiate between those sections (as I ran out of space :P) Basically I went through all my results then explained my subsequent conclusions and, on about half a page, wrote an evaluation.

Saz513 wrote: »
    You should only write about the tasks you've actually done so as long as you've covered them all, you're fine!
    Giving the rational behind each method in relation to the hypothesis would probably mean why you did it? For example, you measured the rock roundness to investigate the effects of attrition...we used a clinometer in measuring the cliff height so we had to explain how this slotted in with the calculation method.
    Don't bother including other group's results as this is YOUR project. Your own results will probably fill up all the space anyways.
    Don't worry about how you did the results, conclusions and evaluation...as long as you have it all in a coherent fashion, it's fine! I didn't specifically differentiate between those sections (as I ran out of space :P) Basically I went through all my results then explained my subsequent conclusions and, on about half a page, wrote an evaluation.

I did 3 tasks instead of 2 but my teacher didn't say that was wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Saz513

As long as the information is relevant and reasonable..it's fine really :)

Saz513 wrote: »
    As long as the information is relevant and reasonable..it's fine really :)

Im worried that I messed it up because in gathering information I said nothing about observing human interaction but in results I said there was evidence of human interaction?
    Also I never said about collecting rock type of get but included the rock types I found and what that told me in my results and conclusions.

• Advertisement

Anyone?

Advertisement