Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WALES Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Delighted so far, i want Albania in last 16 on Sat then will be either Hungary, Portugal or Belgium in the QF's, all very very beatable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

scudzilla wrote: »
    Delighted so far, i want Albania in last 16 on Sat then will be either Hungary, Portugal or Belgium in the QF's, all very very beatable.

Bale vs Ronaldo would be great!

We got the Nordies on Sat, should win that

Our half of the draw contains

Northern Ireland
    Switzerland vs Poland
    Croatia vs Portugal
    Hungary vs Belgium (who we play winners of)

I'm confident of beating all them teams, Wales in the final maybe??

Poor game, didn't play to well but I'll take the win, quarter finals here we come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well done Wales

COME ONNNNNNNNNNN, We can do this, then do Portugal, both teams totally beatable

Did that really just happen!!!!!!

Well done. What a performance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm a quarter Welsh all the time but 100% tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Sorry if it's been talked about already....... But it's ridiculous that there is not a yellow card amnesty from quarter finals on.
    Does it even kick in for Semi Finals????

• Advertisement

Sorry if it's been talked about already....... But it's ridiculous that there is not a yellow card amnesty from quarter finals on.
    Does it even kick in for Semi Finals????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

I agree so much with this I'll thank both your posts!

Terrible to rob Ramsey and Davies from what is likely to be the biggest (if they don't make the final) game of their career for 2 yellows in 5 games

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Cheers....my iPhone keeps double posting.....and no I'm not hitting 'Submit' twice for any smartarses out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

That Robson Kanu goal was the moment of the tournament.

Just magic.

Didn't wanna win the Euro's anyway :(

Ye can be extremely proud. Was bit jealous of you lot last night. Just bridge too far

Ye can be extremely proud. Was bit jealous of you lot last night. Just bridge too far

Delighted with the whole tournament, thought we held out well in the first half, wasn't too worried about the first goal but that second killed us totally.

Looking forward to the WC Qualifiers now, get to see the guys playing here too which is a bonus.

Be interesting to see the FIFA rankings when they're out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

For those with access to BBC One Wales, watch our boyos return home for a deserved heroes' welcome.

2.15pm to 3pm Airport arrival
    3.50pm to 6pm Cardiff Castle to Cardiff City Stadium
    6.30pm to 7.30pm Homecoming Event

:)

Great start to the group last night, previously we've faltered against lesser opposition but delighted to see us deservedly win and win well.

The atmosphere at our home games is something else, if that sort of atmosphere isn't worth the fabled 'goal start' theni don't know what is.

Only worrying thing for me is if Bale gets a long term injury, one of the best players in the world at the moment and genuinely loves playing for his country

Can see us winning the group quite easily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Can see us winning the group quite easily

You do have a genuine world class player in Bale, but given that you haven't qualified for a World Cup in the modern era I would be surprised if you win the group easily.

I think Austria will win the group and that it will be between Wales and Ireland for second place (and on the basis of Ireland's play vs Serbia I wouldn't bet any money on Ireland, plus we've no world class talent.)

What are your thoughts on the upcoming match between Austria and Wales?

I think they're going to be more worried about playing us than we are of them, confidence is sky high and I can see us taking them by the odd goal, 2-1 to us I'd say.

If we attack them then I can't see us losing, sitting back going for a point (which I doubt Coleman would do) would probably cost us the game

Will Ramsey be back? Not up to date on him

I saw the Georgia vs Austria game and Austria looked very uncomfortable dealing with crosses. Their centre-backs don't look up to much. If Bale whips in a few good crosses I could see them struggling. If I were Austrian that would be a big worry for me.

Half time can't come quick enough for us here, really under pressue

As i was saying, can see us getting another before halftime :D:D:D

How did Wales perform? I saw Coleman say he was not happy with the performance and that he'd gladly take the point.

• Advertisement

How did Wales perform? I saw Coleman say he was not happy with the performance and that he'd gladly take the point.

started off not so bad then after 30mins it was total backs to the wall time, they equalised and could/should have scored a few more, then we nicked one just on HT to go in ahead

Gave the ball away in the middle early second half and their guy finished superbly, all in all i'd have snatched your hand off with a draw away to Austria, can't see you guys getting much joy out of them, very talented team

Christ on a bike :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Christ on a bike :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    I'd say you're delighted to get out of tonight with a draw. There was only going to be one winner as that second half went on. Ramsay and Allen were big losses for you.

4-0 to Wales :pac::pac::pac:

Runs to get cover from incoming abuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,628 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

What's the reaction in Wales to the Bale and Coleman ' incidents ' in the Ireland game ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

cjmc wrote: »
    What's the reaction in Wales to the Bale and Coleman ' incidents ' in the Ireland game ?

It's embarrassing for Irish fans, I was reading a couple of online Welsh newspapers over the weekend. And some of the comments basically say the Irish fans are moans.
    Also many comments about the fouls Irish players made.
    Enda Kenny's comments were reported, just more embarrassment. Some Welsh think we're fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

enzo roco wrote: »
    It's embarrassing for Irish fans, I was reading a couple of online Welsh newspapers over the weekend. And some of the comments basically say the Irish fans are moans.
    Enda Kenny's comments were reported, just more embarrassment. Some Welsh think we're fools.
    Wales got away with it v Ireland. Bale should've got the red. It's embarrassing that they are talking about appealing Bale's yellow card when it should have been red and also the idiots don't seem to be aware that you can't appeal a yellow card anyway. Chris Coleman's post match reaction was amateur. They lived a charmed existence to get to a Euro semi final and it's gone to their heads.

That game v Ireland was a cut and thrust derby match. Ireland got in their faces and niggled them with challenges but nothing Ireland did was in the danger of putting a player out of the game. The Welsh reaction from Bale and Taylor was disgraceful, over the top and unprofessional. The Welsh fans should be embarrassed about the unprofessionalism of their manager, of their "star" captain and the rest of them.

Wales are out of reach for a qualification spot and hopefully that will remain the case. Keeping them at arms length is important and hopefully we can have top spot sealed before going to Cardiff because with Wales and their intemperate, and amateur like unprofessionalism, our players are in danger of serious injury as the Welsh fail to maintain reasonable discipline in the heat of battle. An unprofessional outfit, dangerously not in control of their emotions. Embarrassing indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Wales got away with it v Ireland. Bale should've got the red. It's embarrassing that they are talking about appealing Bale's yellow card when it should have been red and also the idiots don't seem to be aware that you can't appeal a yellow card anyway. Chris Coleman's post match reaction was amateur. They lived a charmed existence to get to a Euro semi final and it's gone to their heads.

That game v Ireland was a cut and thrust derby match. Ireland got in their faces and niggled them with challenges but nothing Ireland did was in the danger of putting a player out of the game. The Welsh reaction from Bale and Taylor was disgraceful, over the top and unprofessional. The Welsh fans should be embarrassed about the unprofessionalism of their manager, of their "star" captain and the rest of them.

Wales are out of reach for a qualification spot and hopefully that will remain the case. Keeping them at arms length is important and hopefully we can have top spot sealed before going to Cardiff because with Wales and their intemperate, and amateur like unprofessionalism, our players are in danger of serious injury as the Welsh fail to maintain reasonable discipline in the heat of battle. An unprofessional outfit, dangerously not in control of their emotions. Embarrassing indeed.

Jesus.

"Should be" this "should be" that.

What are you the bloody football police?:pac:

noodler wrote: »
    Jesus.

You don't think Bale should've got red?

Do you think Wales were right to consider appealing the yellow, when they're no provision to appeal a yellow card:pac:

The only thing more embarrassing than the Welsh and their unprofessional, emotional and dangerous overreaction to the cut and thrust of that game is the curiously embarrassing attitude from so called Ireland fans like you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,628 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Jesus.

Ah I dunno. I kind of agree with the citizen. Ashamed may not be the correct word but they must feel tad embarrased or something over the way some of their players lost it playing for their country. And their overall campaign so far has bust a few egos I'd say

You don't think Bale should've got red?

Do you think Wales were right to consider appealing the yellow, when they're no provision to appeal a yellow card:pac:

The only thing more embarrassing than the Welsh and their unprofessional, emotional and dangerous overreaction to the cut and thrust of that game is the curiously embarrassing attitude from so called Ireland fans like you.

Cut and thrust.

That's a new one.

Beats "bounce of the ball" anyway.

You are a MON fan. Not and Ireland fan.

Be honest about it.

Its the reason you can't stomach even basic comments that Ireland were conservative on Friday when the majority of the football world knows it.

Cut and thrust.

That's a new one.

Beats "bounce of the ball" anyway.

You are a MON fan. Not and Ireland fan.

Be honest about it.

Its the reason you can't stomach even basic comments that Ireland were conservative on Friday when the majority of the football world knows it.
    Ireland are joint top of the Group with home games to come. MON knows how to game manage the overall group. Ireland could've ended up winning the game but yes a draw was results wise fine. It keeps us in control and Wales out of reach. This has already been all spelled out to you, but you won't accept it and just keep nitpicking endlessly.

As I said to you before, I think it was you or maybe it was your buddy Kew Tour, same difference; you're away with the fairies pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

There's a lad whose career is in the balance because of an utterly reckless, vicious and unacceptable challenge. That's pretty much all that matters. John O Shea is lucky that his career didn't end out there on the pitch because whatever about Coleman, he definitely wouldn't have recovered from a serious injury.

Sure people will always lose the run of themselves in making comment after such events but anyone who thinks that calling out as unacceptable what was near akin to assault is 'moaning' is quite clearly a fu(king idiot.

It seems from your contribution that you might be one of those.

lawred2 wrote: »
    There's a lad whose career is in the balance because of an utterly reckless, vicious and unacceptable challenge. That's pretty much all that matters. John O Shea is lucky that his career didn't end out there on the pitch because whatever about Coleman, he definitely wouldn't have recovered from a serious injury.

Sure people will always lose the run of themselves in making comment after such events but anyone who thinks that calling out as unacceptable what was near akin to assault is 'moaning' is quite clearly a fu(king idiot.

It seems from your contribution that you might be one of those.

Yes lawred, I'm a fuking idiot. How about just debate the issue about embarrassing Irish fans?

It was a bad tackle, get over it...
    Stop crying about it and asking to have Taylor banned until Coleman can play again.
    Lets move on.
    Why was the taoiseach and paddy Barnes getting involved? Ridiculous carry on.

This reminds me of when Henry handled the ball. The great injustice.
    But as Roy keane explained, when we do something, or get away with something, there isn't a word about it.
    Get over it. The man is injured, the opponent got red. Coleman will be back. Let's move on.

The Welsh cant talk when it comes to uproar.

Those 2 challenges were reckless and simply no place in the game. And for a team on top until were not needed.

Book should be thrown at Taylor. Not his first time either.

• Advertisement

The Welsh cant talk when it comes to uproar.

Those 2 challenges were reckless and simply no place in the game. And for a team on top until were not needed.

Book should be thrown at Taylor. Not his first time either.
    I agree with you on that one.

How about just debate the issue about embarrassing Irish fans?

Is that not what I was doing?
    It was a bad tackle, get over it...

It indeed was. It was a possible career ending tackle. There is nothing left to get over.
    Stop crying about it and asking to have Taylor banned until Coleman can play again.

Where did I do that?
    Why was the taoiseach and paddy Barnes getting involved? Ridiculous carry on.

Well they are people. And people are free to comment. Sure look at yourself. Aren't you free to comment?
    This reminds me of when Henry handled the ball. The great injustice.
    But as Roy keane explained, when we do something, or get away with something, there isn't a word about it.

The nonsense after that was indeed ridiculous. Not sure why a double leg break would remind you of Thierry Henry though.
    Get over it.

:/
    The man is injured, the opponent got red. Coleman will be back.

Well as it goes there are no such guarantees that 'Coleman will be back'. Maybe you know something that medical science doesn't.
    Yes lawred, I'm a fuking idiot.

Yes, it does seem that way

Is that not what I was doing?

It indeed was. It was a possible career ending tackle. There is nothing left to get over.

Where did I do that?

Well they are people. And people are free to comment. Sure look at yourself. Aren't you free to comment?

The nonsense after that was indeed ridiculous. Not sure why a double leg break would remind you of Thierry Henry though.

:/

Well as it goes there are no such guarantees that 'Coleman will be back'. Maybe you know something that medical science doesn't.

Yes, it does seem that way

So if there is nothing left to get over, why o why are you going mad and moaning???
    Please please just stop.

It was a reckless challenge, but it's done. He got the red card. It's over. Let it go.

And Enda should not be talking publicly about football matters, he's not a pundit.
    And I don't think Barnes going into the dressing room will help at all. Just embarrass the country

So if there is nothing left to get over, why o why are you going mad and moaning???
    going mad and moaning? Good grief.
    And Enda should not be talking publicly about football matters, he's not a pundit.

Oh yeah, I forgot Enda never finished filling out the form for the pundit licence. Must get on to him about that.
    And I don't think Barnes going into the dressing room will help at all.

Erm I'll admit to having missed that. Paddy Barnes went into the Welsh dressing room? Well that is embarrassing but then Paddy Barnes was never the smartest. And what Paddy Barnes says and does doesn't colour my judgement of Irish people. Just of Paddy Barnes.

going mad and moaning? Good grief.

Oh yeah, I forgot Enda never finished filling out the form for the pundit licence. Must get on to him about that.

Erm I'll admit to having missed that. Paddy Barnes went into the Welsh dressing room? Well that is embarrassing but then Paddy Barnes was never the smartest. And what Paddy Barnes says and does doesn't colour my judgement of Irish people. Just of Paddy Barnes.

Just admit Kenny should keep his mouth shut. I didn't hear jones say anything? It's ridiculous for a prime minister to comment on these things.

No no, Barnes didn't go in, sure doubt he was at the match. But he was on twitter acting the hard man.

Ireland are joint top of the Group with home games to come. MON knows how to game manage the overall group. Ireland could've ended up winning the game but yes a draw was results wise fine. It keeps us in control and Wales out of reach. This has already been all spelled out to you, but you won't accept it and just keep nitpicking endlessly.

As I said to you before, I think it was you or maybe it was your buddy Kew Tour, same difference; you're away with the fairies pal.

What the **** are you even talking about?

Jesus if you want to have your head in the clouds and avoid critical discussion of games then don't discuss on the Internet.

Theres something seriously wrong if you need to resort to this "away with the fairies" crap just because you can't stand someone saying a team MON manages were conservative. Most neutral observers have said as much.

It's actually pathetic - "we a got point so stop trying to discuss the game".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

cjmc wrote: »

We need to beat Serbia in the next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Enda Kenny's comments were reported, just more embarrassment. Some Welsh think we're fools.[/QUOTE]

Not all of you :) Most are sound and game ball :).

What the **** are you even talking about?

Jesus if you want to have your head in the clouds and avoid critical discussion of games then don't discuss on the Internet.

Theres something seriously wrong if you need to resort to this "away with the fairies" crap just because you can't stand someone saying a team MON manages were conservative. Most neutral observers have said as much.

It's actually pathetic - "we a got point so stop trying to discuss the game".
    :pac: you're losing it now pal

• Advertisement

1 down, 1 to go :D

Advertisement