Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big hot dog question: Which mustard?

Options
  • 28-03-2015 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭

Some people think Frenchs (the squeezy "mustard") must be used on a hot dog. But I reckon normal english mustard is better. Obviously a squeeze of ketchup goes on too.
    But what do you reckon? Frenches or English? Or something else?

What's the best mustard for a hot dog? 41 votes

English
    0% 0 votes
    French's
    26% 11 votes
    Dijon
    63% 26 votes
    Different mustard (please state)
    2% 1 vote
    No mustard (pick this to get a site ban)
    7% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I'm an English Mustard fan but for hot dogs it has to be lashings of French Mustard and and equal amount of Tomato Ketchup. You have to have something on a hot dog that has more flavour than a soft white roll. If it doesn't squeeze out of one end while your eating the other you didn't put enough on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Love good, hot English Mustard on most things but has to be French's squeezy mustard for me too on a Hotdog, with tomato sauce and fried onion. Sometimes fry a few chilli flakes in with the fried onions for tiny kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I cannot believe the poll results. This thread has shocked the world of mustard.
    I might have to create a load of fake accounts to change it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Cienciano wrote: »
    I cannot believe the poll results. This thread has shocked the world of mustard.
    I might have to create a load of fake accounts to change it

Good luck, some would consider it a noble quest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Gotta be the squeezey bright yellow stuff. I wouldn't use it on anything else, but a hotdog wouldn't taste like a hotdog without it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Whichever mustard is empty. I just can't eat the stuff. Its ketchup all the way....but if a had to choose, it would be a small amount of whatever is mildest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

goz83 wrote: »
    Whichever mustard is empty. I just can't eat the stuff. Its ketchup all the way....but if a had to choose, it would be a small amount of whatever is mildest.

You have no business here :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Colmans English mixed with a small bit of Ketchup is fairly savage on a Hotdog, and a banjo load of fried Onions, as someone already mentioned

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

goz83 wrote: »

BE GONE HEATHEN

Anyway, where was I...ah yes. English mustard for me. Why you say? Because I'm a man and that other yellow goo from French's is for sissy's.

Advertisement