Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are CEX unopened items reliable?

• 28-03-2015 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Does anyone have any experience with relatively expensive CEX items? Im thinking of trading in my PS3 plus all my games plus maybe the day one ps3 thats broken if they give me soemthing for it. Maybe one or two other things if I can. That should give me minimum 300 store credit if not more. theyre selling a ps4 unopened at the moment. I dont think its worth the risk unless someone can reassure me? Otherwise Ill sell all my games bar one or two and keep the ps3 for awhile until ps4 price drops a little because all Id get is about 200 cash. Opinions? experiences?

BTW Id buy in store not online, ive seen people have to deal with that trouble before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Naydy

Do CEX even sell unopened items? I thought they only sell used stuff. With consoles, I’ve seen their prices change depending on if they’re boxed or unboxed, but they’re always used. Also, I may be wrong but I’m pretty sure they won’t take your ps3 if its broken.
    I don’t know too much about their more expensive stuff at all, most expensive thing I bought was a Wii with store credit. Had no problems with it, even the Wiimote was in good nick. Also it was under warranty for a year so I’d assume it would be the same if you bought a PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 1 19.SJ.91

Cex test their hardware before buying it in. It wouldn't be unopened, but would be tested and they'll give you a 12 month warranty. Same as Sony would with a new console. If you've any worry about it sign up to be a member and if you lose your receipt they will have the warranty saved on your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

^^^ all it takes is a bit of cex talk to get a 3 year older user to make their first post! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Cex don't sell unopened items. I traded in like 6 of those Metroid trilogy from tesco and they made me open them up.

I did in my hole trade in those but I did trade in a Pokemon rumble and they made me open them

Advertisement