Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6230i

Options
  • 28-03-2015 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I have a Nokia 6230i for many years on 02. Recently just after 3 took over 02 my phone refused to send texts . Went to the 02 shop in Longford and they tried to replace the sim but each time they put new sim in it kept looking for a security code, I never had a security code on it. After trying for a long time they failed to get it working . I am left with no phone now as everything was transferred over to the new sim which will not work ! I have also contacted 3 who gave me an unlocking code which is of no use to me as I think the person in the shop put in too many codes and it is hard locked. Would be glad of any ideas anyone would have before I take it anywhere else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭GIMP

Pason wrote: »
    I have a Nokia 6230i for many years on 02. Recently just after 3 took over 02 my phone refused to send texts . Went to the 02 shop in Longford and they tried to replace the sim but each time they put new sim in it kept looking for a security code, I never had a security code on it. After trying for a long time they failed to get it working . I am left with no phone now as everything was transferred over to the new sim which will not work ! I have also contacted 3 who gave me an unlocking code which is of no use to me as I think the person in the shop put in too many codes and it is hard locked. Would be glad of any ideas anyone would have before I take it anywhere else.

Security code on Nokia's was by default 12345 when changing sims..

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

The Default Security Code for Nokia phones is : 12345
    Let me know if this helps ?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Pason

CVB wrote: »
    The Default Security Code for Nokia phones is : 12345
    Let me know if this helps ?
    no sorry this does not work have tried every code their is as i said the 02 shop kept trying everything but no luck even got unlocking code from nokia which was sent to me through 3 but still phone looks for security code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

If the code was entered too many times is it now looking for a puk?

Just had a quick google, if you search 6230 security code the 1st match seems to sort it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Pason

s15r330 wrote: »
    Just had a quick google, if you search 6230 security code the 1st match seems to sort it
    it a 6230i which is a little different i think thing is ican still access the phone with the old sim even though i have nothing on it network ect as the shop transferered every thing to new sim and even to another sim but when you put new sim into phone it looks for a security code and as i say i had no security code on this phone

What I posted is for a 6230i, it would work for both anyway. Google it, click 1st match, there's a link there for a master code generator, you need to enter your imei, once you get the code, put in the new sim, and enter the code that was generated. Should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

I have been with 02 for years.

Webtext not working and Priority moments also not working.

Might look for a replacement sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Adrian4 wrote: »

Webtext not working and Priority moments also not working.

Could be to do with the three takeover?

Advertisement