Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The welly club, bandon

Options
  • 29-03-2015 7:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I bought a product from this company at the end of october and paid via paypal. Nothing has arrived . I have some communication from the owner with excuses, promising delivery and was happy to wait .. Irish company, seems new wanted to give it a chance .. still nothing . I have attempted to contact through various means and am no longer recieving any response. I know they had a shop in Bandon. Does anyone know if they have gone bust??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

nolj wrote: »
    I bought a product from this company at the end of october and paid via paypal. Nothing has arrived . I have some communication from the owner with excuses, promising delivery and was happy to wait .. Irish company, seems new wanted to give it a chance .. still nothing . I have attempted to contact through various means and am no longer recieving any response. I know they had a shop in Bandon. Does anyone know if they have gone bust??

Facebook page seems to have been shut down, not a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 nolj

Thanks , I saw that .. I was wondering it the shop in Bandon is closed too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

How long ago did you purchase the item? You have 45 days to dispute with PayPal, so I'd get that in hand straight way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

How long ago did you purchase the item? You have 45 days to dispute with PayPal, so I'd get that in hand straight way.

OP says October so 5 months ago. cro.ie shows the business status as normal but I don't know how accurate that is. If the company is still solvent the OP could lodge a small court claim for €25 and hope that any award can be enforced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

A Google search shows the building it was in is To Let.

Looks like it just didn't work out for the young guy behind the idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

nolj wrote: »
    Thanks , I saw that .. I was wondering it the shop in Bandon is closed too.

The shop has been vacant for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 nolj

ah well looks like I have lost my money however an awful pity the business was not sustainable for the guy , it seemed like a good idea.
    Thanks for all responses.

Advertisement