Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlotte Tilbury Makeup

Options
  • 29-03-2015 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I need to get some new makeup - foundation and powder. I've heard a lot about Charlotte Tilbury but don't know anyone who uses it. Does anyone have any recommendations on foundation and a couple of items to get started with this range?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

I have the wonder glow, it breaks me out, and I really don't see a huge difference if I use it or not. I did test the foundation in the shop but felt the coverage was not good enough for me. However I know her lipsticks and eye shadows gets great reviews online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I wasn't crazy about the foundation, it was more like a tinted moisturiser and probably not worth the price. I have one of her eyeshadow quads (the Rock Chick) and I love that. Her lipsticks, eyeshadow crayons and Filmstar Bronze and Glow palette are very popular though.

If I was looking at buying high end foundation and powder I'd look at brands like Bobbi Brown, NARS, Dior and Chanel. They would probably have a wider range of foundations to choose from for different skin concerns, whereas CT only has the one foundation afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Little Lion Woman

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I wasn't crazy about the foundation, it was more like a tinted moisturiser and probably not worth the price. I have one of her eyeshadow quads (the Rock Chick) and I love that. Her lipsticks, eyeshadow crayons and Filmstar Bronze and Glow palette are very popular though.

If I was looking at buying high end foundation and powder I'd look at brands like Bobbi Brown, NARS, Dior and Chanel. They would probably have a wider range of foundations to choose from for different skin concerns, whereas CT only has the one foundation afaik.

Agree with this. Love her products but she wouldn't be my first port of call for foundation.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

I agree with the posters above. I purchased the Light Wonder. The coverage is certainly light but nothing of wonder! Definitely a tinted moisturiser being marketed as a foundation. Much too sheer for my liking and, were I looking for a tinted moisturiser, there are much more reasonably priced offerings.

That rant aside, her eye products are amazing and I also really like her lip offerings.

Base wise; look elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Anyone tried her Goddess Clay Mask?

• Advertisement
Advertisement