Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes

• 29-03-2015 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have this message on my iPhone5 , I connect to iTunes and I get "To allow access please respond on your phone" ... but phone still says "iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes "

I have tried recovery (power + home button for 10 secs) and it just restarts the phone but still get the same as above.

Any ideas on this ?

Anything on google or apple support forum tells me to try the above ...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Maybe try a different USB port or computer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

ill try but dont think it will work as i think the phone has been locked securely... I think someone may have been trying to access it, you know at first it says try again in x mins ... and gets longer untill it locks completely.

Nope, seems the phone is beyond hhelp, cant even restore it :mad::mad::mad:

Anyone wanna buy a broken iPhone5 ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

https://support.apple.com/en-is/HT204306

You need to follow the specific instructions.

So power off your phone. Hold down the home button for 5 seconds + plug the Lightning cable in whilst still holding the home button until you see the iTunes logo come on the phone. Then restore it.

^^ Tried that exact solution but it still says "To allow access please respond on your iPhone"

meanwhile phone is in a disabled state.

I think at this stage I'll try to jailbreak it

• Advertisement

the_monkey wrote: »
    ^^ Tried that exact solution but it still says "To allow access please respond on your iPhone"

meanwhile phone is in a disabled state.

I think at this stage I'll try to jailbreak it

It shouldn't ever ask for that once the device is in recovery mode. (Thats the whole point of it) Can you try another computer or something?

FourFourFM wrote: »
    It shouldn't ever ask for that once the device is in recovery mode. (Thats the whole point of it) Can you try another computer or something?

I can try a laptop, but this was proper disabled ... the wrong password was entered like 30 times ... or whatever ...

does this recovery mode work in situations like this ?

hope this works, cos from http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-jailbreak-ios-8.1-untethered-using-pangu8/

I need an unlocked phone to jb :(

I can try a laptop, but this was proper disabled ... the wrong password was entered like 30 times ... or whatever ...

does this recovery mode work in situations like this ?

Yes. Entering a passcode wrong no matter how many times wont make a phone unusable. It allows you to set the device up as a new device or any iCloud / iTunes backups you made in the past.

You need to follow the instructions very carefully.

1. Make sure phone is powered off.

2. Have ITunes loaded & lightning cable in the computer but NOT in the phone.

3. Press the home button for 5 seconds and then plug the lightning cable into the phone whilst still holding the home button down. Don't let go of the home button until you see an image of lightning cable & red iTunes logo.

4. Let go of the home button.

5. iTunes will tell you "an iPhone has been detected in recovery mode. You need to restore this device.

6. Click restore.

7. Set device up as new or from a backup if you have one.

(the only issue you might run into is activation lock, which I hope if present is tied to your iCloud account & nobody else's)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Start iTunes, plug in the usb end of the lightning cable into the usb port of your computer without the phone being connected. Power off the phone completely, while pressing the home button only, connect the lightning cable, keep the home button pressed until the "connect to itunes" graphic appears NOT the apple logo. The "phone in recovery mode" will appear on the computer and you can recover the phone.

• Advertisement

OK, that worked on 3rd attempt, thanks a lot all for your help, im restoring now from the iCloud.

Cheers all !

Great community here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

OK, that worked on 3rd attempt, thanks a lot all for your help, im restoring now from the iCloud.

Cheers all !

Great community here.

Good stuff. I should have offered you 50 for it😆

Advertisement