Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offset a line drawing - Jasc Paint Shop pro 8

Options
  • 29-03-2015 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭

Hi - hoping someone here will know how to do this in Paint Shop Pro 8.

I want to create templates for woodwork tooling. Suppose I have a line drawing - say an outline of a shape like a bird in profile view. I want to get a line that is a given distance outside that outline all around - say 10mm of offset. Can anyone tell me how to do that in Paint Shop Pro 8?

Thanks JC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Photoshop, but similar process I'm sure.

Magic wand select the (blank white?) canvas. Select inverse. Modify selection > expand 10mm. Apply stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

Thanks. Trying that - PSP says 'modify / invert' rather than 'inverse' under the selections menu, and only offers 'expand' in pixels to a max limit of 100 pixels. Any further thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

I think I'm getting there - after expanding the selection, I'm doing 'invert' again and putting in a flood fill, that seems to be creating the outline I want 10mm/37 pixels from the original - many thanks for steering me in the right direction.

JC

Advertisement