Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win 8.1 and 100% HD usage!!!

• 29-03-2015 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

I am fit to throw this laptop out the window. Recently my laptop has been very slow. I can see from the task manager that the HD is running at 100% all of the time due to the "Service Host: Local System". I cannot find the cause.

Reading online it seems to be a very common issue but everyone seems to have a different fix. I have disabled various services and rebooted to test them but nothing has made a difference. I have downloaded CCLEANER and which it did remove alot of crap from the system it has not resolved the issue.

Can someone please help? What do I need to do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

logik wrote: »
    I am fit to throw this laptop out the window. Recently my laptop has been very slow. I can see from the task manager that the HD is running at 100% all of the time due to the "Service Host: Local System". I cannot find the cause.

Reading online it seems to be a very common issue but everyone seems to have a different fix. I have disabled various services and rebooted to test them but nothing has made a difference. I have downloaded CCLEANER and which it did remove alot of crap from the system it has not resolved the issue.

Can someone please help? What do I need to do?

Create a new user and then check resources.

Advertisement