Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA V PC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I would assume that by he time the VR headsets make it to market they'll have come up with ways of making old games work with the headset without any third party support. They will need to or the uptake of the headsets will be very slow.

All we've seen so far is dev kits, they don't really represent the final product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

Ponster wrote: »
    Change Log : https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/205509157

What is still annoying me is when in a job with friends, should all choose to quit, all end up in separate sessions afterwards. I think that we'd prefer to wait longer until there was a server with the space for all (4!) of us.

there is an option to host a friends/crew server after you finish a job, but it's not functioning correctly (all the time) -sometimes my friends/crew members all get dumped into separate servers regardless - what's worse is, it's almost always dumping us into servers full of Americans - ignoring the facts:
    • that we are geographically within 25km from each other.
    • we are both friends.
    • we both just did the same job.
    • we are in the same crew.
    • we entered a mission from the same server
    I can't fathom how they made it work like this - I expect it's actually harder to code it to match servers that ignore all of the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭ondafly

@Herecule - I think I saw an option yesterday along the lines of maintain host after missions. I have that set to YES, I also have a tonne of ports forwarded and it seemed to solve our issues.

There was one glitch where one of the lads had completed the tutorial but it kept saying he hadn't. So he had to create a new character and skip the tutorial mission.

My main problem has been the crashing to Desktop due to the nvidia display driver failing, happens moreso in single player - I was even getting it while using firefox, so I suspect a new driver will be out soon for nvidia users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

imitation wrote: »
    Even then I dont think it will be worth it, I have vorpx and have used it on some games. Its pretty good in some cases but ultimately its unusable for actually playing in any amount.

-To get the proper 3d depth effect the game needs to be in geomtry mode, it looks very flat, this hasnt been added yet. There is also a big gpu over head for this.
    -if you use head tracking your gun sights are tied to where you look, not fun for shooting.
    -cut scenes, text, menus are all unreadable.

Thanks for that. I was just reading about the two modes and the vorpx z-buffer method for GTA V seems to be more of a trick than proper dual camera 3D so as you say it probably isn't worth it. The GTA modding scene might be able to do something with the menus eventually but I think you are right in that rockstar probably won't bother to add proper rift support and I could see tabloid journalists pouncing on footage of people casually murdering people in VR.
    Scumlord wrote:
    I would assume that by he time the VR headsets make it to market they'll have come up with ways of making old games work with the headset without any third party support. They will need to or the uptake of the headsets will be very slow.

Old games won't be comfortable to play due to head bob, player moving too fast, cut scenes, menus, death scenes where your body drops to the ground or your head goes tumbling and so on. The only games that will work will be games that are designed for it or are re-designed by the developers.

Imitation mentioned virtual cinema mode which gives a believable feeling that you are looking at a massive screen and that will be something they will advertise for compatibility with current and older games but the game itself won't be in 3D.

The iFruit app for Android and iPhone has just been updated to work with the PC game now. You can customise your online car from the app when you should be working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

First person mode is so good ! Especially when you get hit be a car or something. I've even found myself driving in first person too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've switched to first person almost exclusively now. There are times when you need 3rd person, as the wing mirrors don't work, but that's not too often. It just feels better for me.

Just don't install a roll cage...you can't see **** behind you.

I'm not too impressed with first person, I keep switching out of it. It's much easier to see what's going on in 3rd person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Using both but keep forgetting to put down pad or pick it up.

Should be an FPS view button, fairly sure my KB G510s can macro it somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Kiith wrote: »
    I've switched to first person almost exclusively now. There are times when you need 3rd person, as the wing mirrors don't work, but that's not too often. It just feels better for me.

Just don't install a roll cage...you can't see **** behind you.

Do you use the fov hack or just the default one?

I'd stay clear of the FOV hack for now just in case. Apparently its really easy to hack the Online game so a ban wave is probably going to happen soon and they might not bother to differentiate between FOV hacks and other hacks.

I would guess given the fact it was the first thing fixed by the modding community that Rockstar will patch the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I'd stay clear of the FOV hack for now just in case. Apparently its really easy to hack the Online game so a ban wave is probably going to happen soon and they might not bother to differentiate between FOV hacks and other hacks.
    I see the word hack as a more 'put-to-gether' type word here instead of haxxors l33t stuff.

Can change FOV in game to 105 I think.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I see the word hack as a more 'put-to-gether' type word here instead of haxxors l33t stuff.

You are right but Rockstar's cheat detector may not know the difference because you are changing bits in memory in the same way that some cheats work. The confusion arises because people call cheaters and script-kiddies "hackers" even though they just download a script or purchased a cheat that a hacker created. Calling them hackers gives them credibility that they don't deserve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Ciano35

That's never happened me even in some crazy community made super car races. What exactly are you driving?

Happened to me in Michael's car as I was driving to a mission. It killed me, so I reloaded the game, drove towards the mission starter point again and same thing happened again! It has never happened since actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Am I right in thinking you can no longer save your game with a four star wanted level?

I can save with Trevor with 3 stars flashing by going to your shack and saving, but once you reach 4 stars, that option no longer appears to save game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Decided to buy this, gave into all the hype.
    Havent had much time to play only a couple of hours into the campaign which is enjoyable enough so far,i havent met the psycho yet :P
    I tried online lastnight for an hour or so and it was all a bit meh,obviously i need more time to grasp it all and maybe to play with some friends before passing judgement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Another update today I see

What are the details of it this time?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Headshot wrote: »
    Another update today I see

What are the details of it this time?

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/204909368--4-21-15-GTAV-PC-Patch-335-1-Notes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

hey guys, if anyone is interested in teaming up, or need an extra for heists, add me in game, MrHimself im also in BOC2. could do with teaming up with people that might actually communicate during hard heists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    with people that might actually communicate.

Talking about people using headsets, some muppet last night was blaring rock music down the mic so annoying, especially when i don't even like that music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Talking about people using headsets, some muppet last night was blaring rock music down the mic so annoying, especially when i don't even like that music.
    I'm sure there's a mute button somewhere for that sort of craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I'm sure there's a mute button somewhere for that sort of craic.

There is, but its mute everyone or mute no one, you aren't able to mute individual people at the moment.

You can mute using the interaction menu, theres an option in there somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Burgo wrote: »
    There is, but its mute everyone or mute no one, you aren't able to mute individual people at the moment.

You can mute using the interaction menu, theres an option in there somewhere.
    Yeah you can, Ive muted individual players, cant remember how exactly I did it off the top of my head. But I'll find out and post back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Can't you go into the start menu, then players list and click them. Should reveal a mute button. Unless they removed it from the PC version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

****, GTA 5 just downloaded and patched on my PC and running nice.

There goes any chance of work happening for the rest of the day.
    Not sure wether to go :) of :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Bought it in argos today since Im stuck with crappy internet for the next while
    CDRoB2qWEAANaFe.jpg
    Some lot of discs..... also just realised I have to put my disc drive back in my case.

• Advertisement

Yeah definitely going to get one of those for future install emergencies. Much handier than opening up my build every time.

I have 3 drives. One blu-ray and two dvd rw drives.

No drive but the kid has one, should I ever require a disc install do it over the network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

OSI wrote: »
    I hope there is, but I can't find one. Was online the other day and a guy coughed, cue a 12 year old American going on a 3 minute tirade on ripping the "afghani f***t" a new throat and feeding it to their mother.

Yeah it was voice chat off after 5 min for me.

To be honest most of the gta 5 players are demented, trying to play a round of capture the briefcase or whatever its called involves at least on person ramming team mates, another who drives the car loaded with players off the cliff and the rest derping around. About 5 minutes in half the people have left the game and the guy with the briefcase is driving in circles. Or there is a massive inescapable 100 car pile up that everybody spawns into.

Really need to get a few friends into this for proper enjoyable hiests.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

kevovek wrote: »
    Bought it in argos today since Im stuck with crappy internet for the next while

Just be warned you have a further 5GB+ of updates to download once you've spent an hour or two installing from the 7 dvds before you get to play. Sorry.

Well played my first heist missions last night. I don't think they are full missions, the first one I played you have to use your phone to find 4 vans and take a picture of the number plate, We had thre got and then the host left so we all got disconnected. Second one I played was where you have to steal a prison van, I done that twice. I managed to reach level 12 fairly quickly are playing the heist missions.

Another thing I never played the heist tutorial, what ever happened and I don't fully know what is going on as I never read anything heist related online as I didn't want to spoil it on myself.

mewso wrote: »
    Just be warned you have a further 5GB+ of updates to download once you've spent an hour or two installing from the 7 dvds before you get to play. Sorry.

Yeah I had already read that online. Kinda sucks but still takes a hell of a lot less time than if I were to download the whole thing!
    Edit: Still haven't played won't let me log on to the social club keeps telling me to reinstall it even after I already have. Can't uninstall social club either for some reason...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Well played my first heist missions last night. I don't think they are full missions, the first one I played you have to use your phone to find 4 vans and take a picture of the number plate, We had thre got and then the host left so we all got disconnected. Second one I played was where you have to steal a prison van, I done that twice. I managed to reach level 12 fairly quickly are playing the heist missions.

Another thing I never played the heist tutorial, what ever happened and I don't fully know what is going on as I never read anything heist related online as I didn't want to spoil it on myself.

You need to be a minimum lvl 12 and own a high end apartment to do the heists. Once you get a high end apartment a Lester mission (a big L like single player) will appear on the online map. Go to this to initiate the tutorial heist,only a 2 man job as well. No need for 4 players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

Hi Wotzgoingon

you have only played a small part of a Heist
    a heist is made up of 4-5 pre missions and then the Heist
    by the sound of it you have only played 1 or 2 of the pre missions
    if you start/host a Heist you do the 4-5 pre missions then you do the main heist that pays about 80-100K at the end of the mission. if you get a good team the host will invite you back to play the next part.
    they are great fun with a few friends or a few good plays who stick as a team.

Coyote

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭EITS

I thought you only needed to own the apartment to host the heist?

Here was me thinking I did a heist before, clearly not! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭smurra3

Myself and a mate tried the heists for the first time the other day.
    We had a nightmare. Twice we had a Level 1 player join and he kept getting killed.
    We couldn't see how to boot him so we had to close the session and start again.
    Then the session closed twice close to the end of the last mission.
    I felt like we wasted 2 hours.

EITS wrote: »
    I thought you only needed to own the apartment to host the heist?

Here was me thinking I did a heist before, clearly not! :p

Well thats true,own a high end apartment and be lvl 12 or above. There the only real requirements.

You will need good guns and decent armour aswell though as the heists are tough enough. You can buy heist clothing as well which inconjunction with super heavy armour makes you very hard to kill.

Nothing worse than playing a heist and watch a guy with only a pistol run up to a group of enemies like rambo. Good gear is essential fo heists. Also learn how to stock up on armour and snacks and how to use them from the inventory menu. Very helpful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

This incarnation of GTA V has made me very ungrateful of my current PC build :P It would run this game but I'm better off with my Xbox One version in regards to any form of aesthetics. Need to upgrade this rig.. again!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I only discovered in the last 4 weeks that you can store spare armour in your inventory along with snacks to restore health. *REALLY* important facts to remember when Heisting :D

Shiminay wrote: »
    I only discovered in the last 4 weeks that you can store spare armour in your inventory along with snacks to restore health. *REALLY* important facts to remember when Heisting :D

Ye its nearly essential for the heists to know how to use inventory. Heist armour/clothing from a clothes store is extremely helpful as well.

To use it on a heist the host needs to select to allow "player saved outfits" on the mission settings screen for the heists that allow it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

After managing to avoid the game since I bought it, I finally have my GTX 970 installed and tweeked. I can get back to it. I'm as happy as a pig in poop right now :):)

Lads is there away to do the tutorial for the online part of GTA V

Unfortunately I skipped it by accident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Finally getting into the online play. Did some races, they were grand mostly. Some drivers a bit too fond of crashing. Air races are pretty stupid. There is no very dominant way to fly the plane, so you pretty much all end up entering the gate at the same time. Even if you're trying to leave room the gates aren't big enough and it's a lottery who explodes and who doesn't.

Some of the car races are really stupid, there is one that keeps switching motorways, and every time you come to an offramp there is a bottleneck. It leads to awful crashing. Its about 50% reckless driving and 50% unavoidable contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Headshot wrote: »
    Lads is there away to do the tutorial for the online part of GTA V

Unfortunately I skipped it by accident

If you've only created the character, just delete it and go again. The tiny amount of money you mad have made is not going to make any difference.

Speaking of which, I deleted my character earlier and I still had all his cash on the new character I created. Is the bank account-wide?
    errlloyd wrote: »
    Finally getting into the online play. Did some races, they were grand mostly.

Just did a few races myself and have never laughed so much. When you can't win, take out everyone else. So funny but whats with the random spawning cars right in front of me? I was in 3rd and just before the line, a car spawned in front of me. SMASH. Came 6th.

If I delete my online account would that result in not having all that pre-order money?

• Advertisement
Advertisement