Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 3 ***Updated Mod Note Post 1***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

agreed about Dillon ,but he(Mc Grath) has gotten very little right and an awful lot wrong these last two years

Sweet Jesus, you seriously saying Mcgrath has got a lot wrong the last few years?

Honestly, he's managed a team who won the league last year, got to an all ireland semi, and back in the league final while blooding a heap of new players the last few years.

You should stay on the ditch because your talking sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭waterford28

Deskjockey wrote: »
    Total Scored (All 2016 NHL matches so far)
    Dillon 0-4. Did not score anything in 4 matches
    Moran 0-4. Did not score anything in 5 matches
    Brick 0-1. Did not score anything in 6 matches

Look I do realise that this system in place does involve a huge amount of work rate and our forwards job involves winning ball and winning frees that our free takers need to slot over, as well as taking their own scores, and maybe it sounds churlish to question individuals in a team that have achieved an unbelievably consistent level of performance, and I know the statistics above dont capture workrate or assists or frees won in score able positions, and yes I know Brick has been a legend for us for the last 14 years ,but the game ultimately is about scoring...

Brick dosent score everyone agrees on that, but he sets up the most scores in the team, wins the most ball. That really was a stupid post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Brick ... sets up the most scores in the team, wins the most ball.

I'd love to see the stats on it. He has been a great player for us no doubt, but a 33 year old forward who (almost) never scores? He didn't play against Galway when effectively our B team was played, and we still drew. I don't think it's unrealistic to ask if someone else might come in and pose more of a scoring threat and still compete for possession etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Deskjockey wrote: »
    I'd love to see the stats on it. He has been a great player for us no doubt, but a 33 year old forward who (almost) never scores? He didn't play against Galway when effectively our B team was played, and we still drew. I don't think it's unrealistic to ask if someone else might come in and pose more of a scoring threat and still compete for possession etc.

I do genuinely think tom Devine is being groomed for the role the brick plays (remembering he took over from a similar role from Peter qually)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭enoughtaken

Lads. Talk about silly season. Some load of sh--e been spoken off in here. We've lost 1 league match in the last 2 years. Got to semi of championship last year. This years championship not started yet. Derek and his team need 100% support from all. Believe in what's his trying to achieve. Maybe it will land the big one maybe not. It will not be from the lack of commitment and effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,933 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lads. Talk about silly season. Some load of sh--e been spoken off in here. We've lost 1 league match in the last 2 years. Got to semi of championship last year. This years championship not started yet. Derek and his team need 100% support from all. Believe in what's his trying to achieve. Maybe it will land the big one maybe not. It will not be from the lack of commitment and effort.

I reckon Derek will do a Brian coady on it and stay on as manager for a good while. His first year did not go to plan but that was the start of the development which is still ongoing. He has a league title to his name and could add another 2morrow. He's doing an OK job but needs a bit of work tactically. If Peter Queally got the job in 2014 we might not have had the slight success we had in 2015 who knows ???

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Some of the criticism of players here is over the top, but there is a certain amount of merit to it.

Dillon works tremendously hard, is good in the rucks and seems to understand the role he is being asked to play very well.
    Dunford works equally as hard, has great turn of pace and better than Dillon to take a score. I don't think Dunfords been as threatening as last year but in many games he has actually lined out at midfield, especially before we had both Darragh Fives and De Burca in the side. His shooting can leave a little to be desired at times.
    Moran after a tremendous season last has struggled this year I feel. He lined out at wing back for much of the year until Fives and De Burca were both available. Where he played the last day I couldn't specifically say other than around the middle. We really need him to get back to last years level to push on for the All Ireland.
    Gleeson is also a player suffering as a result of not playing a settled position I feel. Last year he was sensational at wing back. This year he has played almost in front of the sweeper but behind midfield up until the 2 lads were both in the side. He has also played at midfield and been tried as an inside forward. I think we need to decide now where he will play and play him there, hopefully he can push on from last year then.

Essentially, at least as I see it, this is how we line out:

SOK

Noel Coughlan S. Fives

Darragh

Philip. Tadhg

Gleeson

Barron Moran

Dunford Dillon

Brick

Shane Bennett. Curran

Obviously forwards interchange regularly but it's along those lines we set up, sometimes there's only one man left inside which is obviously more frustrating to watch.

How is changes to incorporate Maurice will be interesting, Dillon or Dunford are the most likely but you could easily make cases for others and moving a few people around.
    I don't think we will see Pauric Mahony at the level he was last year any time soon. One or two here constantly wishing for him to start need to see that he is not at the level of some of the other subs currently. Devine, O'Halloran and Ryan all played well when introduced, although admittedly the game had opened up and wasn't as tactical at that stage.

There is certainly players who have room to improve, some who are sacrificing themselves to allow others to shine, but the most encouraging thing for me is that we have plenty options now and most players are replaceable. We saw the impact our bench had last weekend and I think showing more faith in those boys could yield greater rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

HillFarmer wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus, you seriously saying Mcgrath has got a lot wrong the last few years?

Honestly, he's managed a team who won the league last year, got to an all ireland semi, and back in the league final while blooding a heap of new players the last few years.

You should stay on the ditch because your talking sh1te.
    yep we won a league,yes we are in another final ,oh and we got to another semi final.lets hope we win tomorrow,but if i saw hurling or success the way you do ,through your rose tinted glasses ,well that would be sad,the all Ireland semi last year where we were buried after 4 minutes into the second half,he has little learned since then ,only to be more negative ,we by anyone standards are now playing the worst of hurling of any in the country bar none ,

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

yep we won a league,yes we are in another final ,oh and we got to another semi final.lets hope we win tomorrow,but if i saw hurling or success the way you do ,through your rose tinted glasses ,well that would be sad,the all Ireland semi last year where we were buried after 4 minutes into the second half,he has little learned since then ,only to be more negative ,we by anyone standards are now playing the worst of hurling of any in the country bar none ,

Lets hope we turn it on tomorrow. We can't be choosy as in what competition we want to win and tomorrow is a national title so as supporters let hope we retain the league title. But I'm at a stage now where its a case of agree to differ as the system isn't going to change but I feel your pain!

cul beag wrote: »
    Lets hope we turn it on tomorrow. We can't be choosy as in what competition we want to win and tomorrow is a national title so as supporters let hope we retain the league title. But I'm at a stage now where its a case of agree to differ as the system isn't going to change but I feel your pain!

I'd personally give the system a run until Mahoney gets back to full fittness....as he was a fantastic playmaker and it was built around his distribution and point taking

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

cul beag wrote:

We all want the system to change in fairness. It is still possible that the system will be changed in the championship. In the second half against limerick we ran at them and turned the game round in no time . Last week Clare set up a packed midfield to prevent that running game.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Good to hear waterford supporters not likeing the system.
    I understand the management don't care what anyone thinks.but I would say where once waterford where a lot of people's 2nd team they are now the team no one outside waterford roots for.for hurling sake the tactics employed by waterford and clare must not succeed. As a cat I hope galway Welford or even tipp win before waterford. Doesn't give me pleasure to say that because you have some great hurlers who would in my opinion do well if let play.

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Good to hear waterford supporters not likeing the system.
    I understand the management don't care what anyone thinks.but I would say where once waterford where a lot of people's 2nd team they are now the team no one outside waterford roots for.for hurling sake the tactics employed by waterford and clare must not succeed. As a cat I hope galway Welford or even tipp win before waterford. Doesn't give me pleasure to say that because you have some great hurlers who would in my opinion do well if let play.

There is plenty of people who like the system. I have 100% confidence in Mcgrath and the way we play. The system is changing, and as the likes of Curran and Devine come more into it we can play a more conventional game WHEN required.

Another thing, all the s1t talk that Waterford came up with the system is a joke. The cats were the first ones to bring their half forwards back behind the ball and the swarming tactic v Cork.

Waterford have got used to this system and will continue to tweek it to more attacking as we have the players.
    I think we have a great arsenal at the moment and I for one am confident of the year ahead.

Up the Deise and Mr Mcgrath!

My glasses are far from Rosy.
    And in the All Ireland semi last year do you realy think if we went conventional 15 on 15 with the cats we would have done better? We were lucky enough not to leave in a few more goals.

The players have built confidence and experience since then and now possibly we could take them on 15 on 15 but imo not last year.
    Agree to disagree we all want Waterford to do well, but to start slating Mgrath imo is nonsense.

And in the All Ireland semi last year do you realy think if we went conventional 15 on 15 with the cats we would have done better? We were lucky enough not to leave in a few more goals.

The players have built confidence and experience since then and now possibly we could take them on 15 on 15 but imo not last year.
    Agree to disagree we all want Waterford to do well, but to start slating Mgrath imo is nonsense.

They have a shot now as last year it was pure power beat them by kk...not hurling ability

A lack of knowledge/know how cost them v tupp....though with 15 v 15 in the league they looked uncomfortable with rigidly into positions in the first half at times

But this also wasn't helped by tipp kinda setting up to play vs how waterford normally set up

As for this system it has been variations played in each league game...(2 man full forward line vs kk with quick delivery into them reaped rewards)

It's almost as if they are approaching each game with a tactical gameplan for opposition to be played....though if they leave room for adjustment/changing on the field as game pannes out....should make for a interesting summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

I'll be frank, if the system wins us an AI i couldn't care less how negative it is, For years we were great to watch and got plenty of plaudits for our style of play, problem was we didn't win any AI's playing like that, i'v been following Waterford for almost 20 years now a lot less then many on here, i'm sick and tired of us being gallant losers, if we have to play a system to win then so be it, Had we had a better free taker last week we would have won and nobody would be talking about how the system is bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭seananigans

lads obv derek is looking at the donegal model , sort the defence first and use that as a platform to build attack , we're more or
    less at the point where the attack are bulding off the attack, but the loss of maurice and mahony hurt the plan ,we're on the verge of something great here, just wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭HatchetMan7

lads obv derek is looking at the donegal model , sort the defence first and use that as a platform to build attack , we're more or
    less at the point where the attack are bulding off the attack, but the loss of maurice and mahony hurt the plan ,we're on the verge of something great here, just wait and see
    I would agree and i think within the next year or two this overly defensive system will naturally fade away when the likes of Bennetts, Curran, Gleeson, de Burca, Dunford are 23/24 years old. You can already see the improvement in the likes of Bennett and Curran over a one year period.
    McGrath is doing a fine job making us the fittest and hardest working team in the country with a great attitude. Remember, when McGrath took over we were a shambles in defence. He literally had no option but to change away from our more attacking style. It needs to be a natural progression back to a more attacking approach so that we don't lose our meanness in defence.

On last weeks game i thought Barrons touch and close control was outstanding, Shane Fives had his best game in a Waterford jersey and probably should have got man of the match. He looks physically stronger than last year and wasn't shy about using it. Coughlan too has filled out a bit and looks much more confident this year. Derek McGrath IMO is doing a hell of a lot more right than wrong. People must think this management business is terribly easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Good interview with Derek McGrath on Friday night's Off the Ball show on Newstalk.

He comes across as an honest and likeable guy.

http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/Off_The_Ball_Highlights/138323/Derek_McGrath_ahead_of_the_league_final_replay

Devine having a nightmare

Tough second half ahead

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Robbed by Kirwan in injury time . Barron clearly fouled but ends up a free the other way. Disgusted. Don't begrudge it to Clare but refereeing a shambles as always

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Sickened by that, thought we were the better team.

Robbed! Farce of a free, ref a complete joke giving them soft frees all day, We were the better team but crap ref cost us the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Robbed! Farce of a free, ref a complete joke giving them soft frees all day, We were the better team but crap ref cost us the match.

I don't agree with Waterford being the better team, Clare missed a lot of easy frees that could have put them ahead by a few.

Sickened by that, to loose to the better team you hold your hand up and say fair play, to loose because of a shocking ref is hard to stomach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Only thing to do is ram that victory down their throat on the 5th of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MoPeer

Absolutely gutted and sickened is the right word.

Also a word on Davy Fitz, i actually despise that man, Austin down on the ground blood pumping from his mouth and that clown is on the sideline roaring at him to get up and nothing wrong with him. He makes ye hate Clare and want to see them beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Ref gifted ye the match, joke of a free near the end, was looking to give ye a shot to level it, We were the better team ref cost us the game hopefully we have someone who can actually ref the next day.

Sickened by that, to loose to the better team you hold your hand up and say fair play, to loose because of a shocking ref is hard to stomach.

Ye stepped off the gas big time 5 minutes from full got great respect for that WD team but ye lacked the killer instinct 2 day

Can't wait 4 the next 1

• Advertisement

orm0nd wrote: »
    Ye stepped off the gas big time 5 minutes from full got great respect for that WD team but ye lacked the killer instinct 2 day

Can't wait 4 the next 1
    Nonsense the ref was only dying to give ye a chance to level, that is one of the worst calls i'v seen, not a free in a million years, we were never behind in the entire match until the last puck, it was a close game but we should have won and would have if it wasn't for that shocking call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Nonsense the ref was only dying to give ye a chance to level, that is one of the worst calls i'v seen, not a free in a million years, we were never behind in the entire match until the last puck, it was a close game but we should have won and would have if it wasn't for that shocking call.

There was lots of bad calls throughout the match for both teams. Just cause the last one went against you doesn't mean you were robbed. Plenty went with you too. Nothing like a bit of graciousness.

Figsy32 wrote: »
    There was lots of bad calls throughout the match for both teams. Just cause the last one went against you doesn't mean you were robbed. Plenty went with you too. Nothing like a bit of graciousness.
    I'll be gracious when we lose fair and square, when it's down to complete incompetence and the ref blatantly trying to give a draw i'll complain, The better team didn't win today.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

I would agree and i think within the next year or two this overly defensive system will naturally fade away when the likes of Bennetts, Curran, Gleeson, de Burca, Dunford are 23/24 years old. You can already see the improvement in the likes of Bennett and Curran over a one year period.
    McGrath is doing a fine job making us the fittest and hardest working team in the country with a great attitude. Remember, when McGrath took over we were a shambles in defence. He literally had no option but to change away from our more attacking style. It needs to be a natural progression back to a more attacking approach so that we don't lose our meanness in defence.

On last weeks game i thought Barrons touch and close control was outstanding, Shane Fives had his best game in a Waterford jersey and probably should have got man of the match. He looks physically stronger than last year and wasn't shy about using it. Coughlan too has filled out a bit and looks much more confident this year. Derek McGrath IMO is doing a hell of a lot more right than wrong. People must think this management business is terribly easy.
    People must think this management business is terribly easy.ask Davy Fitz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

KevIRL wrote:
    Tipp and Limerick well on top, but for a lot of sides Tipp would be out out of sight already, limerick probably already out of sight against wexford

Look we didn't get one for the tackle on Barron but got away with one for a foul on Cunningham. It was just the class of Kelly that just pipped us. There Will be nothing between them again come Munster semi final. The difference in a week on entertainment value

Sick.

Will give us encentive for June now

Let the lads enjoy the night and train hard in fota

The Clare hype train we will be full steam ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Slieve Gullion

Unlucky today lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

Great game. Looking forward to next day... and the one after that

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Alf Tupper

There's no doubt that Kirwan's decision for the final free was a disgrace but he made some awful decisions on both sides all the way through.

Thought we visibly flagged in the last ten minutes and many of our lads looked leggy, tired in mind and body. That's when our decision making cost us dearly.

In contrast the Clare lads powered on and were hurling at the same pace at the end as at the beginning.

To be fair, it probably should have been another draw, but congrats to Clare.

One other thing, Davy Fitzgerald was a disgrace again on the sideline. He does a disservice to all decent Clare people and his shouting at Austin Gleeson when he was injured you wouldn't expect from a British soccer lout.

Alf Tupper wrote: »
    There's no doubt that Kirwan's decision for the final free was a disgrace but he made some awful decisions on both sides all the way through.

Thought we visibly flagged in the last ten minutes and many of our lads looked leggy, tired in mind and body. That's when our decision making cost us dearly.

In contrast the Clare lads powered on and were hurling at the same pace at the end as at the beginning.

To be fair, it probably should have been another draw, but congrats to Clare.

One other thing, Davy Fitzgerald was a disgrace again on the sideline. He does a disservice to all decent Clare people and his shouting at Austin Gleeson when he was injured you wouldn't expect from a British soccer lout.

Don't like defending the bloke as I don't like the man but cameras seem to be on him more than any other manager out there. I'm sure you will get a lot more than him ****ing and blinding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

niallo27 wrote: »
    Don't like defending the bloke as I don't like the man but cameras seem to be on him more than any other manager out there. I'm sure you will get a lot more than him ****ing and blinding.

I have no idea what the cameras show but when you're at it all game its a reflection of your character not the cameras.

He can't be allowed to continue the way he is but then when nothing has been done up to now what are the chances it will be stopped? There should be no place in the game for the way he acts and yet it seems to be celebrated as passion in the media owing to their greater "please everybody" mindset.

And its definitely true that he makes others dislike Clare. There wouldn't be much reason to dislike them otherwise. He was the same at Waterford and have despised him for a good 6 years now, just in case anyone thinks this a spur of the moment reaction to defeat.

• Advertisement

orm0nd wrote: »

Can't wait 4 the next 1

Exactly....game is not over until final whistle

Blaming the ref when Clare shot some terrible wides at times
    Though Austin Gleason bust through there for a point when waterford 2 points up and shot wide...if that hadve gone over it would've left Clare needing a goal as it was they eeked out a draw and got a good point to win it

And a side mention to a big amount of misplaced passes in midfield as an area to work on

While the ref was questionable waterford had the winning of it....though makes for a exiting build up to June 5th and what odds for a draw as there's nothing between these two...just who ever wants it more/luck on the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭deisedude

Ref was diabolical. Aside from the obvious incident at the end about 5 minutes beforehand either Bennett or O Halloran was on the end of the most blatant push and no free. Kirwan played advantage another time when there was no advantage to us and Clare got a point out of it. Fair play to Clare they were dogged and Kelly was a joy to watch but i've never felt more robbed at a final whistle

I have no idea what the cameras show but when you're at it all game its a reflection of your character not the cameras.

He can't be allowed to continue the way he is but then when nothing has been done up to now what are the chances it will be stopped? There should be no place in the game for the way he acts and yet it seems to be celebrated as passion in the media owing to their greater "please everybody" mindset.

And its definitely true that he makes others dislike Clare. There wouldn't be much reason to dislike them otherwise. He was the same at Waterford and have despised him for a good 6 years now, just in case anyone thinks this a spur of the moment reaction to defeat.

As i have said before i am defending him i think he is an idiot, but if you want to compare it to some Waterford look at Dan Shanahan is no angel, roaring and shouting at refs, practically on the pitch every chance he gets trying to intimidate players. But hey its good old Dan the media love him lets all forget about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

niallo27 wrote: »
    As i have said before i am defending him i think he is an idiot, but if you want to compare it to some Waterford look at Dan Shanahan is no angel, roaring and shouting at refs, practically on the pitch every chance he gets trying to intimidate players. But hey its good old Dan the media love him lets all forget about it.

You couldn't compare the conduct of the two of them, Dan has some level of humility. Plenty of people get animated, that is not the issue.

But his general conduct is disgusting. I don't recall him being threatened with a ban at all, the only time was a ref in Waterford called Kissane who did fourth official in a Tipp v Waterford league game in Thurles reporting him that day but no ban.

He really needs a game in the stands to sort him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭spaceCreated

The fact of the matter is seeing as we're Waterford we'll have to be able to beat the other team and the referee. thats the way its always been. I think this team is capable of doing it and we were unlucky not to do so today. Our players looked a lot sharper and De Burca won't be that off form again as he was in the first half. We were definitely the better team today but not by enough to beat some poor diving and strange decisions. I think we were afraid to touch Clare players at the end because if we did it was a free every time, Clare had to drag someone to the ground to get a free. Very soft yellows for Waterford and the only decision we got in our favour that was wrong was the Noel Connors one. If we tried jumping in to people we might get more decisions liek Clare did today but where does that leave hurling?

We'll keep playing and we'll keep getting better and we'll be able to beat other teams and bad decisions, good practice for Kilkenny anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

Think ken's comment last week could be construed as it was better to play hurling for waterford when he did as opposed to when his father played. As i said a while ago clare waterford now is laochra gael stuff. Unfortunately like cork before they are the ones with the all ireland medals. Let's hope that changes. We are now shorter odds pre championship than i can remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Fred C Dobbs

The fact of the matter is seeing as we're Waterford we'll have to be able to beat the other team and the referee. thats the way its always been. I think this team is capable of doing it and we were unlucky not to do so today. Our players looked a lot sharper and De Burca won't be that off form again as he was in the first half. We were definitely the better team today but not by enough to beat some poor diving and strange decisions. I think we were afraid to touch Clare players at the end because if we did it was a free every time, Clare had to drag someone to the ground to get a free. Very soft yellows for Waterford and the only decision we got in our favour that was wrong was the Noel Connors one. If we tried jumping in to people we might get more decisions liek Clare did today but where does that leave hurling?

We'll keep playing and we'll keep getting better and we'll be able to beat other teams and bad decisions, good practice for Kilkenny anyway.

Just back from Thurles. Gutted. What was the free count ; desperate ref but W'ford shot themselves in the foot near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Proud of the team and management's performance today. It was wonderful to watch both teams going at it from the very start with alot more openness. 6 pts up on two different occasions I didn't see us ever losing it but we were out on our feet with less than 10 mins to go and credit to Clare they kept plugging away and got their rewards. McGrath missed 2 bad frees for them and they had 2 wides from play aswell that would have brought them closer to us earlier but the decision made by Kirwan was disgusting. How an experienced referee got that call wrong is beyond me. Barron must be head and shoulders the bed midfielder in the country at the moment,he was brilliant as was Aussie who showed the class we always knew he had. I would question Devine's substitution as alot of problems stemmed from around the midfield area after Dunford came on as he didn't get to the pace of the game.
    On the other hand questions will be raised as to how we lost big leads twice but the brilliance of Tony Kelly just was a joy to behold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

From what I saw when Austin Gleeson was being treated for the cut he got the camera switched to Davy and he was effing and blinding his head off.
    What about it do not know.It might have been nothing to do with Gleeson's injury.
    Edit:having watched it again on League Sunday it seems Davy was objecting to the free given for the foul on Gleeson which resulted in him being escorted from the field with blood streaming from his face.It was definitely a free though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

lukin wrote: »
    From what I saw when Austin Gleeson was being treated for the cut he got the camera switched to Davy and he was effing and blinding his head off.
    What about it do not know.It might have been nothing to do with Gleeson's injury.
    I wouldn't be a qualified lip reader but it was quite clear that Davy was roaring 'theres nothing f***ing wrong with him'. You'd hope that once the blood was visible, he was a little rueful about exploding like that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement