Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 3 ***Updated Mod Note Post 1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭blue note

I've realised I'm going to miss this, I'm at a stag. On the upside I've seen all of our drawn / lost finals since 1998, but missed our wins in 02, 04, and 07. So fingers crossed it'll be 4 wins out of 4 for finals I've missed!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

A tip for Waterford people coming through clonmel-cahir-tipperary-limerick n24 route, its cross country but to avoid tipp town turn off at bansha for aherlow then onto galbally and Garryspillane, take the r513 mitchelstown to Limerick route, to avoid coming onto n24 again go through ballyneety and you'll come into Limerick at a different side to the tipp town traffic, needs some planning though as its country roads but you'll avoid the tipp/Waterford traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 40 con89

Up past the Vee & through Clogheen is surely the quickest route from west waterford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

con89 wrote: »
    Up past the Vee & through Clogheen is surely the quickest route from west waterford

Depending where in West Waterford - Fermoy, Mitchelstown and then Limerick I would have said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

deiseach wrote: »
    waterford-to-limerick-e1466503039213.png
    danganabu wrote: »
    Problem with that route is you end up coming in the same road as all the North Tipp traffic and from Castleconnel to the Gaelic Grounds will take an eternity. If you come that route the best thing is to come off the motorway at Birdhill and take the back road in to Limerick via Parteen, you come out at Hassett's cross beside Thomond Park.

http://www.limericktunnel.com/route_map.htm

http://www.limericktunnel.com/ShannontoDublin.htm

If you stay on Motorway and go through the tunnel and take the interchange immediately after the tunnel you will be pretty near the ground.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Xenophile wrote: »

If you stay on Motorway and go through the tunnel and take the interchange immediately after the tunnel you will be pretty near the ground.

Would that not bring you in the dreaded Dock Road though? Not really familiar with that side of Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Paudiepodge

Would that not bring you in the dreaded Dock Road though? Not really familiar with that side of Limerick.

No tunnel is on motorway beyond dock road. Turn off after tunnel brings you to caherdavin just on clare side of gaelic grounds....close to na piarsaigh grounds...they usually have parking for games in the GG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

would you rather be in the Qualifers sweating on draws or be stuck in traffic on the way to one of the highlights of the hurling calender ???, even if we lose we are out again in the All Irealnd Quarters on the 24th July

my uncle is a non traffic guy and for the last few games in thurles we have gone home though a lot of uusual places and i cant imagine where the hell youre going to end up after the final.

Ticket details- http://munster.gaa.ie/2016/06/20/munster-senior-hurling-final/

You would go no way near the city centre or the dock road, going this way you would not even get a glimpse of the city !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

You would go no way near the city centre or the dock road, going this way you would not even get a glimpse of the city !

Added bonus!

I tried ringing Irish Rail in Waterford to try and and ask the station master about a special. Seemingly it is hard to get anyone there to answer the phone due to the station not being busy enough a lot of the time.

If anyone wants to try, the phone number for Irish Rail Waterford is 051 873401

so what way would we go if we left from Waterford City to get on this road ???

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Greensoup

PTH2009 wrote: »
    so what way would we go if we left from Waterford City to get on this road ???

If your on the N24 (tipp/waterford road) you'll be coming towards outskirts of city and you'll meet a junction with alot of traffic lights...youll be taking the left sliproad saying Cork, Galway, Shannon. Your now on the motorway and stay on it following tunnel signs all the way to tje tunnel. Tunnel is 1.80/1.90??? for a car....once through it watch for junction saying caherdavin...your close to gaelic grounds then.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

Greensoup wrote: »
    If your on the N24 (tipp/waterford road) you'll be coming towards outskirts of city and you'll meet a junction with alot of traffic lights...youll be taking the left sliproad saying Cork, Galway, Shannon. Your now on the motorway and stay on it following tunnel signs all the way to tje tunnel. Tunnel is 1.80/1.90??? for a car....once through it watch for junction saying caherdavin...your close to gaelic grounds then.

I used to live in Limerick, avoid going through the town center like the plague cos you've to cross one of those feckin bridges to get near the Gaelic Grounds. If coming into Limerick on the N24 turn off at Ballysimon junction and follow the signs for Shannon/Galway and go the tunnel. The toll is 1.90 for a car, taking the slip road off after the tunnel brings you out onto the clondell road i think it is, ppl park up on that on matchdays or you can go thru the roundabout and keep going to the Jetlands shopping centre and park there. Its a big enough car park between the Jetlands and Woodies and it's right across the road from the Gaelic Grounds too, pub just up the road called the Ardhu or sonething is decent as well. Thats where I'm aiming to go! Its feckin Tipp town I'm worried about, any decent road in this country goes to Dublin, you're ****ed trying to go anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Any hurling talk here lads ? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭redlead

Deise_2012 wrote: »

You'd swear the match has been scheduled for the moon. It's only Limerick lads!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Deise_2012 wrote:
    Any hurling talk here lads ?

Not much it seems . People might take 3 hours to get home from Limerick. Big deal. Would take you that from croke park too.
    Things seem to be quiet from the camp, gleeson reported to be fine. Daragh in a race against time to make the match . Heard nothing about Dunford

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭HatchetMan7

Apparently Waterford played Cork in challenge game in fraher field tonight behind closed doors. Anyone hear anything??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭seananigans

Apparently Waterford played Cork in challenge game in fraher field tonight behind closed doors. Anyone hear anything??

you apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭robopaddy2

redlead wrote: »

You'd swear the match has been scheduled for the moon. It's only Limerick lads!
    Its absolutely pitiful listening to people going on about having to go to Limerick. Hopefully all the whigning, moaning and bitching will pass over and people will realise weve a Munster final to look forward to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waternut

But there are possibly a thousand or two that would go to Thurles and not Limerick which is a pity. It will also cost more going to Limerick than Thurles. I know for a fact that close family of mine will not go to Limerick because of the extra distance, time and money.

Waternut wrote: »
    But there are possibly a thousand or two that would go to Thurles and not Limerick which is a pity. It will also cost more going to Limerick than Thurles. I know for a fact that close family of mine will not go to Limerick because of the extra distance, time and money.

Yea not surprised shur its the other end of the earth

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭independent11

Waternut wrote: »

A good chance most of that "thousand or two" were not in Thurles for the Clare matches this year. If the bandwagon is a bit less full going to Linerick so be it. Of course if we get to an all Ireland final they will all want tickets on the half way line in croke park.....distance, time and money won't be an issue then

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

robopaddy2 wrote: »
    Its absolutely pitiful listening to people going on about having to go to Limerick. Hopefully all the whigning, moaning and bitching will pass over and people will realise weve a Munster final to look forward to

People discussing the best way to get to the munster final avoiding an extra 2 hour delay in traffic to support their team is pitiful for you?? There is nobody stopping you from taking about the final or would you rather there is complete silence on here until the team is named.

I don't think the dubs were this concerned about having a match outside of croker. It's just Limerick lads!

A good chance most of that "thousand or two" were not in Thurles for the Clare matches this year. If the bandwagon is a bit less full going to Linerick so be it. Of course if we get to an all Ireland final they will all want tickets on the half way line in croke park.....distance, time and money won't be an issue then

I suppose the sad part about it is that these are the kind of people who would get those tickets for the All Ireland Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

I remember noting a Kilkenny lad at the 2013 Minor semi-final and thinking fair play to him, there was novelty value for me in going to the game and here he was, not forgetting the boys amidst the blizzard of Senior matches he would have attended over the years. There are Waterford people like that - the only certainties in life are death, taxes, and no matter how tinpot the Waterford game, Tony Browne Sr will be there - but seeing people view the Munster final, which might be a double header for us, as a chore because it's not in Thurles . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DE DEISE

This Munster Final now seems to be an inconvenience for people , if Waterford weren't in the final then we wouldn't have to travel wouldn't that be great you could stay at home and watch some other county play instead . Problem solved.

I can't believe some people

UPTHEDEISE

robopaddy2 wrote: »

It's prudent for fans to check out logistics before travel. Many here will not remember, some years ago before the Motorways were built, Dublin played Kerry in Thurles in the qualifiers and a lot of Dublin fans got lost and ended up watching the game on TV in Abbeyleix. That's the famous game when Maurice Fitzgerald scored that famous point from the sideline.

Worth noting most of the road between Waterford and Limerick is of very poor quality with many deaths recorded on this route each year ! Sorry if this text takes anything from the enjoyment of the day, but if people leave very very early they can have a really good day !

Apparently people were on deise am giving out about the venue ???

As a poster above me siad we could be at home out of the championship from the previous night and watching Clare do battle against Tipperary. We could of been drawn away to Offaly or Westmeath and they would take time to get too and back

If people don't want to go then let them off, they can have a bbq, go to the pub etc. I knw we cud miss the euro 2016 final (which kicks off at 8pm) but that's what's radio's are for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

It's prudent for fans to check out logistics before travel. Many here will not remember, some years ago before the Motorways were built, Dublin played Kerry in Thurles in the qualifiers and a lot of Dublin fans got lost and ended up watching the game on TV in Abbeyleix. That's the famous game when Maurice Fitzgerald scored that famous point from the sideline.

Worth noting most of the road between Waterford and Limerick is of very poor quality with many deaths recorded on this route each year ! Sorry if this text takes anything from the enjoyment of the day, but if people leave very very early they can have a really good day !

Spot on, nobody should have to apologise for taking about the logistics getting to and from the game on here, this is a discussion page. And no it is not a chore, inconvenience or pitiful to plan ahead now for a game in two and a half weeks time. If anyone wants the discuss hurling then by all means fire away, I won't be trying to shut it down with exaggerating comments.

What are people bringing for provisions for the journey? I was listening to a guy on Matt Cooper recently who climbed Mount Everest and he was saying that you might think you have variety, but you can get tired of everything you bring pretty quickly. I'd be going for nutritious foodstuffs, but very importantly it'll have to be lightweight. This should help cut down on the extra petrol cost of going to Limerick for the match.

Or else a bottle of water and some cold ribs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

I don't think anyone cares too much about the fact that it is in Limerick, I think more people are concerned by the fact that it is a bit unfair for Waterford. It's right next to Tipperary but we have to travel quiet far to get there. It was the same for the Clare game a few years back, only down the road for Clare but a fair bit to travel for us.

It comes down to fairness.

I'll still be there though and any fan worth their salt will be there. Anyone who decides not to go because it's in Limerick is nothing but a sham. Fact.

I know it's after improving in recent years but do we need to bring any protection with us? Bullet proof vest or the like? Are people just going to chance it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

deiseach wrote: »
    waterford-to-limerick-e1466503039213.png

I'd say it's your only bet coming home anyway whatever about going down. Everybody will be coming out the same time. I know coming home from Limerick on a Friday evening you could be 20-30 mins going through Tipp town, it'll be way worse for this and the bottleneck will extend up beyond it.

And better roads largely the other route.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

People discussing the best way to get to the munster final avoiding an extra 2 hour delay in traffic to support their team is pitiful for you?? There is nobody stopping you from taking about the final or would you rather there is complete silence on here until the team is named.

Your dead right big difference in people discussing how to get to Limerick and people bitching about the match being on there. I'm convinced some lads purposely come onto to this board just to have a whinge.
    I for one think this chat on how to get there is a valid one. So please lads anyone any more info on the best way to go keep it coming.. Viva Las Deise...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

O Riain wrote: »
    I don't think anyone cares too much about the fact that it is in Limerick, I think more people are concerned by the fact that it is a bit unfair for Waterford. It's right next to Tipperary but we have to travel quiet far to get there. It was the same for the Clare game a few years back, only down the road for Clare but a fair bit to travel for us.

It comes down to fairness.
    There's no "fair" option that can satisfy some Waterford people though.
    Thurles: not fair because Tipp have home advantage and no travel.
    Limerick: not fair because Waterford have to travel further than Tipp.

Some Waterford people want the impossible: they don't want Tipp to have home advantage but they want the game in Thurles because it's nearer than Limerick.

The options are limited, it is what it is. If it was on in Pairc Ui Caoimh like it was for that 7-goal massacre, people, as they were back then, would be complaining about not enough legroom, the tunnels are dangerous, the bottlenecks in Lemybrien or wherever.

, Dublin played Kerry in Thurles in the qualifiers and a lot of Dublin fans got lost and ended up watching the game on TV in Abbeyleix!

Remember it well, was actually working on the gates the same day, as I recall though it wasn't a case of getting lost, it was that they simply looked at how far it was to Thurles said no bother 2 hours, never allowed for any match traffic etc. and ended up abandoning the drive halve way down.

blue note wrote: »
    What are people bringing for provisions for the journey? I was listening to a guy on Matt Cooper recently who climbed Mount Everest and he was saying that you might think you have variety, but you can get tired of everything you bring pretty quickly. I'd be going for nutritious foodstuffs, but very importantly it'll have to be lightweight. This should help cut down on the extra petrol cost of going to Limerick for the match.

A bagacans.

• Advertisement

If it was on in Pairc Ui Caoimh like it was for that 7-goal massacre, people, as they were back then, would be complaining about not enough legroom, the tunnels are dangerous, the bottlenecks in Lemybrien or wherever.

The only fair solution is to build our own 40,000 capacity venue. We can look forward to hosting a few neutral finals the next time Frank Murphy decides he needs a new ground.

blue note wrote: »

I was watching your man Bear Grylls there before and he started drinking his own p**s. Meant to be a great source of vitamin and proteins for those on a journey of survival, what with the extra 'time, distance and money' being inflicted on some poor souls

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Giveitfong

Directions to Gaelic Grounds Limerick

My first recommendation no matter where you are coming from is to go early and have a leisurely breakfast in Limerick rather than getting stuck in traffic.

The key to getting to the Gaelic Grounds is to get onto the M7 motorway which skirts around the south of Limerick City and merges into the N18 which goes under the Shannon in a tunnel (toll payable). Take the first exit (Junction 3) after the tunnel, turn left at the first (Clonmacken) roundabout (onto R527/Condell Road)), right at the next (Coonagh) roundabout (onto R445 – the old Limerick/Ennis road), then take the second next right (Elm Drive). This brings you to Na Piarsaigh GAA Club where you can park, have a pint and a sandwich and it’s only a ten-minute walk to the Gaelic Grounds.

If coming from the Waterford City end of the county, there is something to be said about cutting cross-country via Kilkenny and Durrow to the M7 at Borris-in-Ossory which will take you straight across the river through the tunnel. I would not attempt to go through the centre of Limerick. Even then, you will have a lot of Tipp traffic accompanying you.

Similarly, for the masochists coming through Tipperary Town on the N24, instead of going straight into Limerick, get onto the M7 at Ballysimon (Junction 24) and head for the tunnel. People coming this way will also be caught up in heavy Tipp traffic.

An alternative possibility is to take the Mitchelstown road (M8) at Cahir and get off at Junction 12 onto the N73 heading for Mallow. Turn right at Kildorrery onto the R512 to Kilmallock and take the R518 from there via Bruree onto the N20 (then M20) for Limerick. This brings you onto the M7 south of Limerick City at its junction with the N18, very close to the tunnel (follow the signs for the N18).

For those travelling from the west of the county the best bet might be to go to Fermoy on the N72 and then turn right off the N72 just west of Fermoy for Glanworth (R512) and then straight through Kildorrery to Kilmallock, Bruree and the N20.

The roads aren’t great but you’ll be moving along, there will be no Tipp traffic to contend with, and you come out on the west of Limerick City near the Shannon tunnel.

As regards seating at the Gaelic Grounds, I agree with the poster who says to avoid the Mackey Stand like the plague, as the sight lines from both ends of the stand to the other end of the ground are terrible. I don’t know how this stand was built the way it was, as the seating incline is far too shallow. The open stand gives far better views and is worth the risk of getting wet at this time of year. It has upper and lower sections. The lower section is numbered 114-125 from the west (Clare) end to the east end with sections 119-120 in the middle. The upper section is 214-224 with 218-220 in the centre.

The Mackey Stand only has one tier, and (perversely) is numbered in the opposite direction to the Open Stand, from 101 at the east end to 113 at the west end, with 107-108 in the middle.

With the compliments of the former Director of Directions on the old UpTheDeise website.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭HatchetMan7

What match ups are people looking forward to seeing on the 10th of July? I know the way the game has gone especially around the middle you won't have 2 players marking each other for the full 70 min but id love to see Gleeson v Breen at some stage (although it'll more likely be Moran on Breen). Both players are physically imposing with plenty of skill and don't need much encouragement to cut straight through defences.

Giveitfong wrote: »
    Directions to Gaelic Grounds Limerick

My first recommendation no matter where you are coming from is to go early and have a leisurely breakfast in Limerick rather than getting stuck in traffic.

The key to getting to the Gaelic Grounds is to get onto the M7 motorway which skirts around the south of Limerick City and merges into the N18 which goes under the Shannon in a tunnel (toll payable). Take the first exit (Junction 3) after the tunnel, turn left at the first (Clonmacken) roundabout (onto R527/Condell Road)), right at the next (Coonagh) roundabout (onto R445 the old Limerick/Ennis road), then take the second next right (Elm Drive). This brings you to Na Piarsaigh GAA Club where you can park, have a pint and a sandwich and it s only a ten-minute walk to the Gaelic Grounds.

If coming from the Waterford City end of the county, there is something to be said about cutting cross-country via Kilkenny and Durrow to the M7 at Borris-in-Ossory which will take you straight across the river through the tunnel. I would not attempt to go through the centre of Limerick. Even then, you will have a lot of Tipp traffic accompanying you.

Similarly, for the masochists coming through Tipperary Town on the N24, instead of going straight into Limerick, get onto the M7 at Ballysimon (Junction 24) and head for the tunnel. People coming this way will also be caught up in heavy Tipp traffic.

An alternative possibility is to take the Mitchelstown road (M8) at Cahir and get off at Junction 12 onto the N73 heading for Mallow. Turn right at Kildorrery onto the R512 to Kilmallock and take the R518 from there via Bruree onto the N20 (then M20) for Limerick. This brings you onto the M7 south of Limerick City at its junction with the N18, very close to the tunnel (follow the signs for the N18).

For those travelling from the west of the county the best bet might be to go to Fermoy on the N72 and then turn right off the N72 just west of Fermoy for Glanworth (R512) and then straight through Kildorrery to Kilmallock, Bruree and the N20.

The roads aren t great but you ll be moving along, there will be no Tipp traffic to contend with, and you come out on the west of Limerick City near the Shannon tunnel.

As regards seating at the Gaelic Grounds, I agree with the poster who says to avoid the Mackey Stand like the plague, as the sight lines from both ends of the stand to the other end of the ground are terrible. I don t know how this stand was built the way it was, as the seating incline is far too shallow. The open stand gives far better views and is worth the risk of getting wet at this time of year. It has upper and lower sections. The lower section is numbered 114-125 from the west (Clare) end to the east end with sections 119-120 in the middle. The upper section is 214-224 with 218-220 in the centre.

The Mackey Stand only has one tier, and (perversely) is numbered in the opposite direction to the Open Stand, from 101 at the east end to 113 at the west end, with 107-108 in the middle.

With the compliments of the former Director of Directions on the old UpTheDeise website.
    Or just goole map it

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Is there a round of football championship scheduled for this weekend? I'm nearly sure I saw it somewhere but hard to believe when the intermediate hurling games were called off last weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Yeah on the Waterford News and Star they were previewing a few SFC games!

Lads has DJ Foran been called up to the Senior team? Surely deserves another crack after his last few games for club and the county intermediates. Why did he and Harney get dropped off the panel at the end of last season? Harney is another one I'd have time for, hopefully they get a good run with the u21s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

No the football was called off, any involving county players anyway so I assume all games.

Yeah on the Waterford News and Star they were previewing a few SFC games!

Lads has DJ Foran been called up to the Senior team? Surely deserves another crack after his last few games for club and the county intermediates. Why did he and Harney get dropped off the panel at the end of last season? Harney is another one I'd have time for, hopefully they get a good run with the u21s

As far as I'm aware both were invited to rejoin the panel when began training back in late 2015 but both opted out. Harney may have trained for some stage before pulling out. It doesn't seem to have done DJ any harm at all anyway. Doesn't seem to be a closed panel as such so would imagine he was extended an invitation to train with the panel again alright. I'd be amazed if he wasn't. Hopefully he can have an impact on the U21 this year.

On the topic of U21 are people expecting success this year? Between our rather large volume of U21's training with the seniors and playing Clare 3 days after the Munster final I wouldn't be so sure. We Aussie, Shane Bennett and Patrick Curran who will start the Munster final in all likelihood. Then there's Tom Devine, Stephen Bennett, Conor Gleeson who could all see action from the bench. Add to that fellas like Mikey Kearney, Colm Roche, Andy Molumby who are training with the seniors and probably not very accessible to U21 management.
    Not to forget the fact that the minor team also lost 2 games along the way as well as drawing one in winning the all Ireland. I hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised to see us not come out of Munster.
    Stephen Bennett is unfortunately not at the same high level as he was in 2013 just yet. Kevin Daly has done another cruciate. Cian Leamy is recovering from a broken leg. Has Gavin Power played in goal since that year? Billy Nolan being ineligible could be a huge blow.
    Thankfully we have talented players from other minor teams, Conor Prunty could possibly go in full back, Darragh Lyons could play anywhere in the backs or midfield. Andy Molumby could break into the team too. Jordan Henley another who'll be in and around the team, maybe even in goals possibly.
    Have they had any challenge game yet with the senior U21's involved?

If I was to hazard a guess at it I'd expect the team to be along the lines of:

Power

Hahessy
    Prunty
    Lyons

Conor Gleeson
    Aussie
    Harney

Mark O'Brien
    Mikey Kearney

Shane Bennett
    DJ Foran
    Tom Devine

Colm Roche
    Stephen Bennett
    Patrick Curran

Andy Molumby, Cormac Curran, Jordan Henley any of those 3 could dislodge someone there. The forward line does look very potent but it might be necessary to strengthen the full back line maybe by rejigging the team a little.

Have I any glaring omissions?

No the football was called off, any involving county players anyway so I assume all games.

Must have been pulled by management. The Dungarvan leader mentioned Colligan, Ballyduff and Shamrocks as playing in Western football championship but they would have players in and around the set up so are probably postponed too. Couldn't imagine Colligan playing without Dunford when others aren't forced to play without their county players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭seananigans

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement