Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 3 ***Updated Mod Note Post 1***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

I think it is impossible in Waterford to break in now if you haven't been featuring in underage teams. From a managers point of view, harder to trust someone that thhose with pedigree at minor or u21.

And if you took a leap of faith and it didn't work out, people on this forum or elsewhere wouldn't be slow to slaughter the management for it. That's the reality of it unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

I think it is impossible in Waterford to break in now if you haven't been featuring in underage teams. From a managers point of view, harder to trust someone that thhose with pedigree at minor or u21.

And if you took a leap of faith and it didn't work out, people on this forum or elsewhere wouldn't be slow to slaughter the management for it. That's the reality of it unfortunately.

Didn't hinder Bull phelan

thesultan wrote: »
    Didn't hinder Bull phelan

That was what, 14 years ago? It's completely different now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

That was what, 14 years ago? It's completely different now.

Oisin O'Brien clare

• Registered Users Posts: 17 eastwestlad

Has the club u21 football championship being drawn yet? No East and West this year it seems. Should be interesting. Normally starts end of Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Oisin O'Brien clare

There's always going to be exceptions. The point is it's getting harder and harder and less likely as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭seananigans

I think muller is famous for saying he wasnt rated at underage at all, imagine losing someone like him cos hes a late developer

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ovalu

Currently in Waterford, unless you played on Dereks De La Salle school team in 2008, its hard to make the breakthrough,
    9 of the 13 waterford lads on that team have started in championship under Derek, 6 are currently automatic selections and the other 3 might be but for setbacks. Realisticly only SOK, Noel and Paidi are there on ability.
    Given our current depth of talent (e.g running away with the U21 last year, 7 waterford lads playing fitzgibbon for UCC yesterday etc, etc)
    it's a pity Derek couldnt be a bit more balanced when it comes to getting our best 15 on the pitch ( which clearly isnt happening)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

ovalu wrote:
    Currently in Waterford, unless you played on Dereks De La Salle school team in 2008, its hard to make the breakthrough, 9 of the 13 waterford lads on that team have started in championship under Derek, 6 are currently automatic selections and the other 3 might be but for setbacks. Realisticly only SOK, Noel and Paidi are there on ability. Given our current depth of talent (e.g running away with the U21 last year, 7 waterford lads playing fitzgibbon for UCC yesterday etc, etc) it's a pity Derek couldnt be a bit more balanced when it comes to getting our best 15 on the pitch ( which clearly isnt happening)

Name our best 15 so who you think should be the team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭HatchetMan7

Looking at last years starting 15 i didn't see any glaring omission so it's more a matter of opinion than fact. Stephan Bennett was one player that i hoped to see more of but that could have been down to fitness/injury. What is evident in my opinion is that there are a lot of 50/50 calls on who starts and who warms the bench. Unless someone here has been to every Waterford training session and match last year then its hard to argue against who McGrath and selectors pick with any great confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

All that dls all ireland schools team were called up first by davy and Michael Ryan ie before Derek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Looking at last years starting 15 i didn't see any glaring omission so it's more a matter of opinion than fact. Stephan Bennett was one player that i hoped to see more of but that could have been down to fitness/injury. What is evident in my opinion is that there are a lot of 50/50 calls on who starts and who warms the bench. Unless someone here has been to every Waterford training session and match last year then its hard to argue against who McGrath and selectors pick with any great confidence.

Have to agree with this. Personally don't see a lot wrong with the starting teams being picked. Don't think that you could say that any of the subs are being hard done by (apart from maybe Maurice last year). Problem is not the team being picked but the way they are being made play such a negative gameplan.

Oisin O'Brien clare

Is not from Waterford is he? It could happen in other counties potentially, but it won't happen here.

When UCC win the Fitzgibbon back around 2012 I think, Paudi Mahony, Darragh Fives, Brian O Sullivan and Philip Mahony all started. 3 would start now, and they are 5 years further down the line in development compared to fellas from last years 21s team that are now starting for UCC.

Of the 6 on the UCC team, 2 started agains Kilkenny. Who else would you have started? There's at least 23 Waterford lads featuring on Fitz teams right now, add in SOK, Fives, Connors, Moran, Brick, Maurice Shanahan etc you'll get to 30. So you can't just use Fitz as the barometer fir who should play.

I see nothing wrong with starting Philip Mahony last year, and Dillon did more to justify his selection than Stephen Bennett. I don't think those guys are irreplaceable either, and could see them dropped if someone puts their hand up.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

When UCC win the Fitzgibbon back around 2012 I think, Paudi Mahony, Darragh Fives, Brian O Sullivan and Philip Mahony all started. 3 would start now, and they are 5 years further down the line in development compared to fellas from last years 21s team that are now starting for UCC.

Of the 6 on the UCC team, 2 started agains Kilkenny. Who else would you have started? There's at least 23 Waterford lads featuring on Fitz teams right now, add in SOK, Fives, Connors, Moran, Brick, Maurice Shanahan etc you'll get to 30. So you can't just use Fitz as the barometer fir who should play.

I see nothing wrong with starting Philip Mahony last year, and Dillon did more to justify his selection than Stephen Bennett. I don't think those guys are irreplaceable either, and could see them dropped if someone puts their hand up.

Phillip Mahony Barry Coughlan and Jake Dillon are irreplaceable.

• Advertisement

cul beag wrote: »
    Phillip Mahony Barry Coughlan and Jake Dillon are irreplaceable.

Who would have been your back six last year? I could see it changing this year but last year there weren't too many options.

Dillon was dropped and didn't start til the Kilkenny game and he did well the first day, and got one of our 3 championship goals the second day. But I think hell be dislodged this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Who would have been your back six last year? I could see it changing this year but last year there weren't too many options.

Dillon was dropped and didn't start til the Kilkenny game and he did well the first day, and got one of our 3 championship goals the second day. But I think hell be dislodged this year.
    To save another 20 posts on the above mentioned players by different contributors(purely as it has led to heated posts in the past) I will just say I will agree to disagree with you on Dillon. While I agree with you that he should be dislodged this year he will be even a bigger part of McGrath's plans as the year progresses.
    Interesting to hear that none of the Lismore contingent will be looked at only Maurice. I find it staggering but when the manager didn't go to see any of their successful Munster campaign as he had his mind made up already it isn't hard to believe. In fact his treatment of one of their players last year bordered on being a personal attack. Dan was out voted last year by the nodding donkey and McGrath everytime it came to one of his teammates being spoken about and again this year it is exactly the same. Apparently the excuse this year is that they have missed too much of the pre season training and matches and McGrath will be going with the bodies he has. Wasn't it lucky so that Paddy Curran made the cut when his exams were finished when he came on to the squad first! But to call current Dungarvan senior hurlers(and ex county players)bar stool hurlers when their names came up to be brought in for a look is simply disgraceful.
    The personal persona to the one that he's trying to put out to us through his media friends is a completely different one and one that I certainly don't buy into anyway. Funny when you take the advice of your physio over your team doctor in relation to players being sent for xrays,scans etc and now the team doctor is no longer involved! The official line is she is too busy in her practice!!
    It's vital that we know what exactly is going on here as we all want the best for our county team but when you have a guy with personal vendettas against former players in charge then we have a problem. There should be an open door policy which there clearly isn't,and McGrath' stubbornness that he was wrong over these players is the reason why we have at least 4 or 5 fellas not being brought back onto the squad and that are definitely better than what we have at the moment. Maybe we don't need them to win the all Ireland. Lets hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waternut

Who are the 4 or 5??

Wat 0-4 Lon 0-4 20 mins

Wat 0-10 Lim 1-9 ht

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

3ships wrote: »
    Wat 0-4 Lon 0-4 20 mins

Wat 0-10 Lim 1-9 ht

That's some scoring in 15 mins

• Advertisement

Wat 0-8 Lon 0-5 34mins football

Got hurling score off limerick leader scribe should report on that later

Limerick 1-21 Waterford 3-19 ft hurling challenge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

2-16 to 1-8 for the footballers

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

Waterford SH
    O'Regan Fives Coughlan Connors Daniels De Burca CGleeson Barron Moran Walsh Dillon Mahony O'Halloran Bennett A Gleeson

Team against limerick according to twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭culbaire

If the omitted players were brought in, McGrath would be unable to justify the selection of some of his favourites. Common knowledge within the county and indeed outside. Naturally enough our competitors are delighted with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭cascade12

culbaire wrote: »
    If the omitted players were brought in, McGrath would be unable to justify the selection of some of his favourites. Common knowledge within the county and indeed outside. Naturally enough our competitors are delighted with this.

What players are you talking about? In my opinion the best players are on the panel. Is it possible that you are related to someone that was dropped off the panel because you have been sniping at the manager for a long time. You are entitled to your opinion as I am, so name the players that should be on the panel that have been omitted. Is it possible that the so called favourites are among the best in the county and maybe even better than these omitted super stars.
    At the moment I cant see any other players that should be on the panel including the Lismore lads. Paudie Prendergast would be the closest of them but like Cappoquin ( Munster Champions two years ago) they have nobody outside of Maurice that I believe should be on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭culbaire

cascade12 wrote: »
    What players are you talking about? In my opinion the best players are on the panel. Is it possible that you are related to someone that was dropped off the panel because you have been sniping at the manager for a long time. You are entitled to your opinion as I am, so name the players that should be on the panel that have been omitted. Is it possible that the so called favourites are among the best in the county and maybe even better than these omitted super stars.
    At the moment I cant see any other players that should be on the panel including the Lismore lads. Paudie Prendergast would be the closest of them but like Cappoquin ( Munster Champions two years ago) they have nobody outside of Maurice that I believe should be on the panel.
    I am not related to anybody dropped off the panel. Period!! I know McGrath is very sensitive about criticism. I stand by may posts. I campaigned against the ruck and maul bastardised hurling style favoured by Derek McGrath and by some others.It took the U21s to show how it should be done. Cheapshots about the Vauxhall Conference dont alter reality. I could name at least four players who are better than those chosen on the team. To name them is to reduce further their chances of ever being chosen under this regime. Not just my view either. Hurling experts from outside of the county have seen several of them play and are amazed that they cant make the Waterford panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

I am not related to anybody dropped off the panel. Period!! I know McGrath is very sensitive about criticism. I stand by may posts. I campaigned against the ruck and maul bastardised hurling style favoured by Derek McGrath and by some others.It took the U21s to show how it should be done. Cheapshots about the Vauxhall Conference dont alter reality. I could name at least four players who are better than those chosen on the team. To name them is to reduce further their chances of ever being chosen under this regime. Not just my view either. Hurling experts from outside of the county have seen several of them play and are amazed that they cant make the Waterford panel.

Culbaire name these several players you speak so highly of?

Can i ask you how you personally feel about Mr.Murphy being a selector what are your thoughts on this?

I don't see how they would have forced their way into the first team. They could be panelists alright but such is the depth of talent there currently some aren't going to want to just be panellists. I'd see Paudie Prendergast and Ray Barry as half backs, of which we're not short of.
    The first choice half back line last year of TdB Darragh Fives Philip Mahony. Mahony probably the vulnerable one there but I would seem him at the same level as Paudie and Ray, probably a little ahead even. There is a world of options after that, Conor Gleeson, Shane McNulty, Shane Roche, Kieran Bennett, Micheál Harney, Conor Prunty and more. These all are younger than the 2 Lismore lads and so probably more accepting of panel places in the hope of breaking through.
    I do hope McGrath is true to his word and tries out a lot of the panel during the league without doing what he did last year and making wholesale changes for just 1 game.
    It's interesting to note that this year the first 2 rounds of the club championship are fixed for April, when normally they would be the first 2 weekends in May. I wonder was this done in consultation with McGrath as if Waterford reach the league semis or final these all get pushed back. It seems as if there is no desire to reach a league semi this year but to time things differently to last year and hopefully reap rewards later in the year.

• Advertisement

3ships wrote: »

Soky on goal after Derek informed us all last week that he was injured, the holy water left over from the De La Salle Harty team must of working wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭cascade12

There are also hurling experts outside the county who believe the manager is doing a good job. And there are also several good hurling people within the county who are of the same belief. And there is definitely not four players outside the panel who are better than the starting fifteen. Total nonsense in my opinion. Of course they will always be better when they are nameless and not on the panel. So go on and name them because I am sure all the management and supporters would love to know how we have overlooked all these great players. And it is also nonsense to say that you naming them will reduce their chances. It would be the opposite because it would open a debate on the issue. Then again, if you do that, you will have to back it up with logic.

If you think naming players anonymously on a discussion board reduces their chances you are deluded, I'm afraid. Their might be a few club players better than some that played in the Munster league but they won't be near the panel when it comes to it. Lismore have some good club hurlers but not many intercounty standard. Maurice obviously. Jack Prendergast possibly in the future. Paudie Prendergast walked away from the panel, he made his choice on the matter. Ray Barry as already mentioned could be at the same level as about 6 other defensive panellists. No big deal really in my book that he's not there when they are all younger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Going out next Sunday and beyond too initially just say 'ah lads go out and just try ur best we win we win, we lose we lose, where not out to get far in the competition' . OK having quite league campaigns has worked for some teams in the past but with us being one of the last teams to play there championship game (June 18th) we could do with going far in the league just to get serious game time imo. Ultra competitive manager like Davy fitz, Brian Cody etc would not take going half arsed for a national competition

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 104 ✭✭ThaiTanic

Willie Hahessy from Clonea Should had atleast got a call up to the panel when you see some of them Roanmore lads on it and the two Ballyduff lower lads (One of which cant even get his game for his college team) IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hurlingma

Taken this from facebook, Worth a read if your following the Waterfords lads involvement in the Fitzgibbon

Irish Gaa Banter Page
    Fitzgibbon Cup Round 2 Roundup
    Thursday, February 02, 2017
    (A) 19.00 ITC 0-18 v Mary I 0-18
    (A) 14.00 GMIT 0-10 v DIT 3-15
    (B) 14.00 UL 2-21 v NUIG 2-12
    (B) 14.00 DCU St Pats 0-10 v CIT 3-15
    (C) 19.00 Trinity 1-8 v WIT 4-15
    (C) 19.00 DCU 0-15 v Limerick IT 2-12
    (D) 14.00 UUJ 1-7 v Maynooth 4-23
    (D) 15.00 UCD 1-5 v UCC 1-8

A
    Mary I (+21): W D - DIT (A)
    ITC (+12): W D - GMIT(A)
    DIT (+2): L W - DIT (H)
    GMIT (-35): L L - MaryI (H)
    Mary I seem to have the top position in Group A wrapped up unless IT Carlow can overturn their 9 points deficit in points difference. It wouldn't be a surprise for IT Carlow to beat GMIT comprehensively, however we feel that Mary I will beat DIT by anything up to 10 points. IT Carlow would therefore need to beat GMIT by 20+ points to claim top spot. Mary I score 2-31 against GMIT so it is possible to do.

B
    UL (+22): W W - DCU Pats (A)
    NUIG (+2): W L - CIT (A)
    CIT (+1): L W - NUIG (H)
    DCU P (-29): L L - UL (H)
    UL will claim top spot here in group B, light a candle for DCU St.Pats the night before this one. Group B is all about who can claim second place and take the second quarter final spot. It really is 50/50 between CIT and NUIG. CIT will have home advantage but NUIG wont take much notice of this. We can't pick a winner in this one and it is probably the match of round 3.

C
    LIT (+29): W W - WIT (A)
    WIT (+9): L W - LIT (H)
    DCU (+4): W L - Trinity (A)
    Trinity (-42): L L - DCU (H)
    LIT will more than likely claim top spot in Group C bar WIT beating them and DCU hammering Trinity by 26 points. It is safe to say DCU will beat Trinity easily so if LIT beat WIT they will knock them out. It is possible that WIT beat LIT. LIT are defiantly strong favorites in this one. Every match is a knockout from here on in for WIT. If WIT beat LIT they also need DCU not to overtake them on points difference. Our predictions are LIT top the group and DCU get second place.

D
    UCC (+21): W W - Maynooth (A)
    Maynooth (+17): L W - UCC (H)
    UCD: (+5): W L - UUJ (A)
    UUJ: (-43): L L - UCC (H)
    UCC will also claim top spot here with a win over Maynooth. Maynooth wont be any pushovers but we expect UCC to have too much firepower. UCD will also beat UUJ quiet easily and claim second spot.

IGBP Current Power Rankings R1 & R2
    Overall: 1:LIT 2:UL 3:UCC/MaryI 4:Maynooth 5:IT Carlow
    Offence:1:UL 2:MaryI 3:LIT 4:IT Carlow 5 Maynooth
    Defence: 1:UCC 2:LIT 3:UCD 4:WIT 5:DCU

WoodenSpoon Race
    The Current leaders of the wooden spoon race are UUJ followed closely by Trinity college then in third place is GMIT.

IGBP Predicted QF's 14th Feb
    1. (1D) UCC vs DCU (C2)
    2. (C1) LIT vs UCD (D2)
    3. (B1) UL vs IT Carlow (A2)
    4. (A1) MIC vs NUIG/CIT (B2)

Irish Gaa Banter Page Snapchat: igbp32

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lim4ev

I was at the game today a very good workout for both sides both played strong teams for the first half then totally diff teams for second half. Limk won the first half but we rode our look as Waterford could have scored 3goals but for last ditch defending having said that we should have scored one more ourselves. All in all well worth workout for both sides

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

lim4ev wrote: »
    I was at the game today a very good workout for both sides both played strong teams for the first half then totally diff teams for second half. Limk won the first half but we rode our look as Waterford could have scored 3goals but for last ditch defending having said that we should have scored one more ourselves. All in all well worth workout for both sides

What way were waterford set up.....I'm away at the min with work and can't get to matches

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Deise Gael

DiscoStew wrote: »
    There is a world of options after that, Conor Gleeson, Shane McNulty, Shane Roche, Kieran Bennett, Micheál Harney, Conor Prunty and more. These all are younger than the 2 Lismore lads and so probably more accepting of panel places in the hope of breaking through.
    I do hope McGrath is true to his word and tries out a lot of the panel during the league without doing what he did last year and making wholesale changes for just 1 game.

Just on all the players mentioned above.

Are they not all many years younger than Stephen Daniels?

Now I know Stephen is a smashing lad but he is now 26/27 and between serious injury and travelling for a year he hasn't played a serious match in over three years and the jury is still out on if he has made a full recovery from the awful injury he sustained.

Yet, he seems to have come back this year and been seamlessly incorporated into the panel and up to now judging by team reports has got as much if not more game time than all of the above lads.

How is this merited?

Is there one rule for DLS lads and ex DLS pupils?

I know if I was, for example, Shane Roche, I'd be pretty p*ssed off with having given the last three or four years on the panel and seeing this.

As long as Derek McGrath holds hostages to fortune in this way he leaves himself open to the accusation of nepotism and bias.

• Advertisement

Taken from the limerick page.

WATERFORD FIRST HALF: Ian O’Regan; Shane Fives, Barry Coughlan, Noel Connors; Conor Gleeson, Tadgh de Burca, Stephen Daniels; Jamie Barron, Kevin Moran; Michael Walsh, Jake Dillon, Pauric Mahony; Brian O’Halloran, Stephen Bennett, Austin Gleeson. Sub: Tom Ryan for Stephen Bennett, inj (20mins).

WATERFORD SECOND HALF: Stephen O’Keeffe; Kieran Bennett, Shane McNulty, Ian Kenny; Darragh Lyons, Seamus Keating, Mark O’Brien; Gavin O’Brien, Michael Kearney; Tom Devine, Stephen Roche, Billy Nolan; Colin Dunford, DJ Foran, Tom Ryan. Sub used: Martin O’Neill.

Looks like our panel for the league apart from Shane Bennett, Patrick Curran and Darragh Fives. Thought Hahessy and Prunty would of made the panel. Harney when he is back from injury you expect to be involved. Not sure what Gavin O' Brien and Thomas Ryan offer. Both have got chances before and have struggled at this level. Fair dues to both of them for continuously making themselves available but with lots of good young players coming through from the Vauxhall Conference winning team, maybe it's time for others to get a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

What injury did Stephen Bennett get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

First thing I noticed myself, hoping it's nothing serious and just a precaution ahead of the KK game next Sunday.

I think the priority for the league will be very much a case of avoiding relegation and blooding in a good few of the new lads while picking up a few wins and good performances along the way. Getting to the knockout stages would be nice but I wouldn't see it as essential tbh.

Philip Mahony and Maurice also missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭enoughtaken

That's some statement. I'd love to know who these "at least four players " are. Please inform us who these are.

Cake Man wrote: »
    First thing I noticed myself, hoping it's nothing serious and just a precaution ahead of the KK game next Sunday.

I think the priority for the league will be very much a case of avoiding relegation and blooding in a good few of the new lads while picking up a few wins and good performances along the way. Getting to the knockout stages would be nice but I wouldn't see it as essential tbh.

this is the first year im using a season ticket so i want Waterford to go as far as possible too get my moneys worth

BTW is it only the Dublin match we will need too print off tickets as the card will be enough for our other games ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭robopaddy2

Deise Gael wrote: »

Now I know Stephen is a smashing lad but he is now 26/27 and between serious injury and travelling for a year he hasn't played a serious match in over three years and the jury is still out on if he has made a full recovery from the awful injury he sustained.

Yet, he seems to have come back this year and been seamlessly incorporated into the panel and up to now judging by team reports has got as much if not more game time than all of the above lads.

How is this merited?

I know if I was, for example, Shane Roche, I'd be pretty p*ssed off with having given the last three or four years on the panel and seeing this.

As long as Derek McGrath holds hostages to fortune in this way he leaves himself open to the accusation of nepotism and bias.
    On his day Daniels is a proven top class intercounty defender. If he's back in form and match fit he's definitely going to be there or thereabouts.Whether he is or not I don't know I havent seen any training sessions or games to date. From what I have seen of Shane Roche he is a bit of an all-rounder but doesn't impose himself as much as Daniels. The only place I can realistically see him challenging in the side is as a corner back.  Daniels probably has more to offer on terms of versatility.

Deise Gael wrote: »

How is this merited?

Deise Gael - Dano is flying at the moment an is almost certain to start next weekend. He has so far played well versus Offally/Wexford/Limerick.
    I find it comical your basing your argument on "Team Reports" for challenge games. Maybe go waych a game or come out to Carriganore or upto Abbeyside/Gold Coast and at least argue your case by watchin a training session at the very least.

Derek has openly stated they are not taking the league as seriously this year, he reckons the league will be restructured next year so there may be no relegation from Division 1A. I personally haven't seen this anywhere myself.

Out of curiosity does anyone agree with me that Clare are dark horses this year???

Deise Gael - Dano is flying at the moment an is almost certain to start next weekend. He has so far played well versus Offally/Wexford/Limerick.
    I find it comical your basing your argument on "Team Reports" for challenge games. Maybe go waych a game or come out to Carriganore or upto Abbeyside/Gold Coast and at least argue your case by watchin a training session at the very least.

Derek has openly stated they are not taking the league as seriously this year, he reckons the league will be restructured next year so there may be no relegation from Division 1A. I personally haven't seen this anywhere myself.

Out of curiosity does anyone agree with me that Clare are dark horses this year???

Can't see us winning in Kilkenny 'if we're not taking the league serious' but would love a win up there. Still have nightmares of the 2014 league game there we were a disaster that day

I think Wexford will be dark horses this year, they have a great manager in Davy Fitz and have nothing too lose

PTH2009 wrote: »

I think Wexford will be dark horses this year, they have a great manager in Davy Fitz and have nothing too lose

Davy Fitzgerald is not a great manager. Clare will be the dark horses now that they have got rid of him.
    Limerick also have a lot of room for improvement.

Good to have Stephen Daniels back on the Waterford panel. A quality player who could be starting come championship if he is fully recovered from that horrible injury he got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

PTH2009 wrote: »

Last year you predicted they'd get to an all Ireland final.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement