Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 3 ***Updated Mod Note Post 1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭archieknox

Alf Tupper wrote: »
    You can throw in Eoin Murphy from the Shamrocks as well Archie, not bad going at all.

Thought myself that Shane Fives was in with a real shout this year as well, he had a great year.

God I completely forgot Eoin Murphy. Apologies to any Shamrocks posters on here,there was no intention on my behalf to leave him out. I'm sure Kevin Tobin in Abbeyside would have reminded me anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

lads what odds on Tadhg winning young hurler? I thought Mannion had that in the bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    lads what odds on Tadhg winning young hurler? I thought Mannion had that in the bag

5/1 before the all ireland semi, at which point Aussie was fav at 6/4.

33/1 after That game, when Mannion got 5 from play and was 1/5 to win it.

And then 3/1 after the all ireland final when Mannion was subdued.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Alf Tupper

Deise_2012 wrote: »

Just heard Tadhg got it.

Hope it's true, absolutely thrilled for the lad if it is.

Just heard Tadhg got it.

Hope it's true, absolutely thrilled for the lad if it is.

Yeah he won it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Fantastic stuff. Well done tadgh

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Alf Tupper

Yeah he won it

Is Tadhg our first YHOTY?

I'd say he is alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Yep, although he's been claimed by tipp on wiki at the mo
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Stars_Young_Hurler_of_the_Year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Well done to Stradbally. Interesting to hear manager Packo Curran say they're going to celebrate tonight despite having a munster club game 24hrs later. Possibly shows two fingers to whoever fixed the matches like this?

• Advertisement

Well done to Stradbally. Interesting to hear manager Packo Curran say they're going to celebrate tonight despite having a munster club game 24hrs later. Possibly shows two fingers to whoever fixed the matches like this?

The match is on Sunday, I'd say they know themselves it's all tall order. Didn't expect to see themselves back like this after last year, but beat the other two big guns so well deserved.

3 years since they last won it so every right to celebrate it.

The match is on Sunday, I'd say they know themselves it's all tall order. Didn't expect to see themselves back like this after last year, but beat the other two big guns so well deserved.

3 years since they last won it so every right to celebrate it.

Match is tommorow. never said they dont have the right to celebrate, just thought maybe they wouldnt celebrate tonight with the match being tommorow, but its their decision. i suppose if they lose tommorow anyway it would be a bit of an anti-climax celebrating tommorow. Its the right thing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

If anyone didn't see it the News and Star Club team of the year

Shaun O Sullivan

Darragh Lyons
    Barry Coughlan
    Noel Connors

Dermot Ryan
    Philip Mahony - Player of the year
    Shane Walsh

David O Sullivan
    Shane O Sullivan

Craig Guiry
    Thomas Ryan
    Ryan Grey

Brian O Sullivan
    Patrick Curran
    Mickey Kearney

Dunno if Brian and David O Sullivan would be willing to come back to the panel - very good all year. Thomas Ryan maybe but that would at the expence of the favured younger players.

Ye'd wonder why Ryan Grey wasn't on the minor team given his size and the size of the forwards we had.

Ballygunner have a challenge to both see how good they are and stay in the comp till possibly Paudie Mahony is back next year

Ballygunner v Glen Rvrs is on TG4 deferred tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

So Stradbally were predictably beaten out the gate tonight.

Crazy scheduling

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rebel norrie

Deskjockey wrote: »
    So Stradbally were predictably beaten out the gate tonight.

Crazy scheduling

I tought Cork county board were bad. But Waterford are a joke. Playing a County Final in November ye are a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

I tought Cork county board were bad. But Waterford are a joke. Playing a County Final in November ye are a shambles.

All the talk of burn out in the GAA and yet this is acceptable? Its as farcical as the mighty Cork losing the McGrath Cup to minnows like us at the start of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

Packo was ragging on the radio today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Why did this game need to take place on a Saturday night also!?

The extra night of sleep and recovery with a Sunday game would have a big difference.

hardybuck wrote: »
    Why did this game need to take place on a Saturday night also!?

The extra night of sleep and recovery with a Sunday game would have a big difference.

Think they were on a hiding to nothing anyway. After initially questioning it, and I know you might say its not the same celebrating the night after after losing, but at least it means they were able to get some value out of the weekend before going back to work Monday.

Would a morale defeat have been anymore beneficial than a comfortable defeat in the circumstances?

Think they were on a hiding to nothing anyway. After initially questioning it, and I know you might say its not the same celebrating the night after after losing, but at least it means they were able to get some value out of the weekend before going back to work Monday.

Would a morale defeat have been anymore beneficial than a comfortable defeat in the circumstances?

From a player welfare point of view, playing two games within 24 hours of each other is more than just a joke, it's dangerous. 48 hours - not ideal, but at least they've some chance of recovery.

The more I think of it they probably shouldn't have togged on Saturday night at all. They've been treated very poorly as players and as a club, and they shouldn't be messed around like that.

The more I think about the messing around that's going on down there fixtures wise the madder I get. It's simply not good enough.

• Advertisement

From a player welfare point of view, playing two games within 24 hours of each other is more than just a joke, it's dangerous. 48 hours - not ideal, but at least they've some chance of recovery.

The more I think of it they probably shouldn't have togged on Saturday night at all. They've been treated very poorly as players and as a club, and they shouldn't be messed around like that.

The more I think about the messing around that's going on down there fixtures wise the madder I get. It's simply not good enough.

Same story all told across the Country. Think the GAA need to take the lead.

Happened with Portlaoise this year, and Cratloe two years ago. Not good enough. Agree the probably shouldn't have bothered togging out, fairplay to them for doing so though.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Darkest Horse

Don't be ridiculous. That should not have happened in Waterford and was not ideal preparation but to call it dangerous is very far fetched. It's only an hour long, there are guys who train to run marathons daily!

Don't be ridiculous. That should not have happened in Waterford and was not ideal preparation but to call it dangerous is very far fetched. It's only an hour long, there are guys who train to run marathons daily!

Any comparison between footballers and marathon runners is completely null and void. Incomparable.

Recovery and injury are intrinsically linked however.

In fact we're in future years only begin to fully understand the damage caused to GAA players by lack of recovery time in their schedules.

Ht Glen 0-8 Ballygunner 0-3. Philip Mahony sent off, gunners in trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭5948ai

Tide has turned in second half!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Big congrats to Ballygunner Paul Foley is looking down on them .the final will be tough with possibly the all Ireland favourites in the other semi final

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Darkest Horse

Any comparison between footballers and marathon runners is completely null and void. Incomparable.

Recovery and injury are intrinsically linked however.

In fact we're in future years only begin to fully understand the damage caused to GAA players by lack of recovery time in their schedules.

Bla, bla, bla (no pun intended). On a once off basis, games on consecutive days are a threat to nobody health-wise. It's a disgrace, but it ain't dangerous. If it was, I certainly couldn't condone Stradbally's "celebration" that buffered the two games, surely that was just making a bad situation worse?

If you want me to give you an example that's closer to home, intercounty training camps are infinitely more intense, they might include full-length games on consecutive days in addition to other training all within a 48 to 72 hour period, minus the mid-interval drinking session of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

3ships wrote: »
    If anyone didn't see it the News and Star Club team of the year

Shaun O Sullivan

Darragh Lyons
    Barry Coughlan
    Noel Connors

Dermot Ryan
    Philip Mahony - Player of the year
    Shane Walsh

David O Sullivan
    Shane O Sullivan

Craig Guiry
    Thomas Ryan
    Ryan Grey

Brian O Sullivan
    Patrick Curran
    Mickey Kearney

Dunno if Brian and David O Sullivan would be willing to come back to the panel - very good all year. Thomas Ryan maybe but that would at the expence of the favured younger players.

Ye'd wonder why Ryan Grey wasn't on the minor team given his size and the size of the forwards we had.

Ballygunner have a challenge to both see how good they are and stay in the comp till possibly Paudie Mahony is back next year

Ballygunner v Glen Rvrs is on TG4 deferred tomorrow

Absolutely amazed at darragh Lyons inclusion.! That chap seems to be on every team in the county but don't know how or why.

Bla, bla, bla (no pun intended). On a once off basis, games on consecutive days are a threat to nobody health-wise. It's a disgrace, but it ain't dangerous. If it was, I certainly couldn't condone Stradbally's "celebration" that buffered the two games, surely that was just making a bad situation worse?

If you want me to give you an example that's closer to home, intercounty training camps are infinitely more intense, they might include full-length games on consecutive days in addition to other training all within a 48 to 72 hour period, minus the mid-interval drinking session of course.

Have you been on one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Not a BG man but fair play to them, hopefully they go all the way. Can't do any harm for the inter county panel for a lot of the younger BG players to get some big games under their belts. With a bit of luck a few might put in strong cases for Derek McGrath to have a look at them early 2016.

Any word with Paudie Mahony? Read elsewhere he was doing the water bottles from the line yesterday. Would it be too early to say he'll be back for the league in Feb? He's surely capable now of doing gym work and I'd have no doubt he's now back practising his frees since he's up and moving around which can only be good news.

Saw Mahoney hobbling yesterday, looked far from right

Ballygunner have a defensive strategy with good passing to set up scores

thesultan wrote: »
    Ballygunner have a defensive strategy with good passing to set up scores

And some big score takers from midfield, with talented lads inside. A very good team all round. I think if they had both Mahonys available they'd have a great chance of going all the way but unfortunately think it might be a bridge too far the next day against Classy opposition without those two stalwarts.

It's a pity because a very poor championship outside of Munster this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

For the 2016 nhl the key would be to stay in 1a and defend the title with honor. Kilkenny, Dublin and Galway at home, Tipperary and cork away . Dublin, Galway and cork the winnable games out of that

Can't wait for the new season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭redlead

PTH2009 wrote: »
    For the 2016 nhl the key would be to stay in 1a and defend the title with honor. Kilkenny, Dublin and Galway at home, Tipperary and cork away . Dublin, Galway and cork the winnable games out of that

Can't wait for the new season

It will be interesting to see how much McGrath tweaks the system. I don't really know what to expect really. Hopefully we can kick on anyway. I thinks it's important to make the knockout stage of the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

And some big score takers from midfield, with talented lads inside. A very good team all round. I think if they had both Mahonys available they'd have a great chance of going all the way but unfortunately think it might be a bridge too far the next day against Classy opposition without those two stalwarts.

I'd agree with parts of that but even with hogan and more so o mahony who yes is a big loss I still think na Piarsaigh or thurles probably na Piarsaigh would be too strong for Ballygunner
    Ballygunner beat tallow and dominated the glen but they will face better team and I don't think they are realistic contender for the all ireland and I wouldn't agree aside from munster it's poor in the kk champions with the Ryan brothers and o shea are a serious team and two years ago when they won just come out of the intermediate grade having won before so this senior win there more better prepared and kk like any club teams in kk will be tough opponent
    Congratulations on Ballygunner win as I said on cork thread if they beat the glen they I hope win munster out right and they dominated the glen yesterday but if na Piarsaigh make the final as you said yourself it's not unreasonable to say they have a huge ask although one thing that imo is worth mentioning is na Piarsaigh would be huge favourite v Ballygunner and it's something limerick team bar the under twenty one team don't do well and are favourite while waterford it's fair to say don't do expectations at any level well at times and imo there teams thrive on the under dog role so in club hurling you always have a chance and now that ballyhale are beaten more so.

I said if they had both Mahonys available and yea I think they would beat Na Piarsaigh who were lucky against Patrickswell and narrow winners against Sixmilebridge as well but not without their two best players.

When Ballyhale turned up, they beat Clara by 8 points in the County final last year. They are the only outstanding team in the Country. Clara are a good side, no more.

The Galway county final is very poor, Cushendall no better. If the Munster winners don't win it this year I'll be very surprised.

I said if they had both Mahonys available and yea I think they would beat Na Piarsaigh who were lucky against Patrickswell and narrow winners against Sixmilebridge as well but not without their two best players.

When Ballyhale turned up, they beat Clara by 8 points in the County final last year. They are the only outstanding team in the Country. Clara are a good side, no more.

The Galway county final is very poor, Cushendall no better. If the Munster winners don't win it this year I'll be very surprised.
    I'd be surprised if the munster champions didn't win the all ireland like you but I'd be very surprised if waterford team won it as no waterford club team ever won a senior club all ireland title so better bally gunner and waterford team like de la salle came up short and yes it may not be as strong as championship this year I agree but I don't think the waterford club scene is as strong as others
    Certainly it's better than cork and while physically they dominated the glen yesterday limerick who thrive on physical side of it would match Ballygunner but have better forwards and o Neill is a good coach so far doing okay
    Cola I agree totally are not near ballyhale but what ballyhale done last year is irrelevant to now in would bally gunner beaten ballyhale last year most definitely not and it remains to be seen would they have stayed within eight points as you mentioned of coola
    The kk champions may not be great as ballyhale but any team from kk is usually well organised with a great work rate and once they build momentum kk legacy and culture normally means kk team get better as the championship progress
    Ballygunner are good to a point and credit due Walsh surprised me yesterday changing he's tactics during the game with the sending off in he never panicked and deserves credit for that but bigger tests await before imo I'd say bally gunner are capable of winning it out right. I agree with the view on the galway championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Brad1234

I can see no reason why the gunners cant win the next day.. Albeit with the loss of Philip now is huge there is plenty of strength in depth there for Munster club Hurling conditions to fill the gap.. It will be difficult but its team work that gets your through this time of year and they seem to have that this year more so than previous.. But to dismiss them based on old mythological tradition is in some bluffers guide to hurling somewhere..

You cant really compare their Waterford champ cause they won that in 2nd gear. Still able to bring subs like Stephen Power JJ Hutchinson shows that the quality Is there..

You don't need to have a strong club scene to win it if anything you can be too battle hardened by the time it comes to a munster final or all Ireland semi..

Just cause a Waterford team hasn't won it before doesn't mean they cant win it now that is a nonsense argument.. I don't think the ballygunner lads will be thinking about it in lead up or during matches and they are a young group who are used to winning titles.

The only basis you can make for your argument is Cork.. Club champ is probably the poorest in Munster and you cant really seen any club from there getting near it for a while... The Glen yesterday were the most tactically stupid and naïve team I've seen for a while..

Ballygunner Sars and Na Piarsaigh have all been around the block at this level for years and all of them have stopped short at some stage but to say they have a big upper hand cause they are from Tipp or Limerick doesn't make sense.. Unless you have time on your hands and are getting around to all club championships to see how each team is motoring then an opinion best on one game in bad conditions against poor opposition is no benchmark. The amount of intercounty lads you have obviously gives you more of a chance but I can find usually by now the intercounty lads can be a bit tired and its usually the good club players who treat these games like there time to shine can come to the fore.. If we based Munster club on the number of intercounty lads you have likes of a Sars or a cratloe have really under achieved at this grade..

22nd of November could be a shockingly bad day weather wise which makes it a coin toss and gunners showed yesterday they can play in it (albeit they are meant to be soft) Then what if they managed to win a final and have Philip and probably Pauric in the mix would you rule them out?

Three starters from last years team also, so If you ask me I think they have showed plenty of stomach for the fight.

TTM you're not even reading what I'm saying. Trying to make out as if I said Ballygunner are going to win the club all ireland...I said if they had their two best players available for the munster final I'd give them a great chance and by extension a great chance in winning the all ireland. But they don't so I think playing one of in my opinion the two best teams left in the competition on paper will be a bridge too far.

Better Ballygunner teams eh? The first time they've done back to back since the 90s. If Ballygunner were from Kilkenny and did what they did to Glen in the second half yesterday you'd be raving about them.

Clara are a good side, no better. And I don't think they'll win a club all ireland. Outside of Ballyhale, the Kilkenny county champs have won the all ireland once since 1991. Galway, Clare and Offaly have had as many or more winners in that time. Even Antrim have won a club all ireland. Your point about Kilkennys legacy is absolute tripe.

There's more depth to the Waterford club championship now than there ever was. There may only be one top team but before there might have been two and then the rest was just dead rubbers. Now you have to be on your game all the time.

• Advertisement

Brad1234 wrote: »
    I can see no reason why the gunners cant win the next day.. Albeit with the loss of Philip now is huge there is plenty of strength in depth there for Munster club Hurling conditions to fill the gap.. It will be difficult but its team work that gets your through this time of year and they seem to have that this year more so than previous.. But to dismiss them based on old mythological tradition is in some bluffers guide to hurling somewhere..

You cant really compare their Waterford champ cause they won that in 2nd gear. Still able to bring subs like Stephen Power JJ Hutchinson shows that the quality Is there..

You don't need to have a strong club scene to win it if anything you can be too battle hardened by the time it comes to a munster final or all Ireland semi..

Just cause a Waterford team hasn't won it before doesn't mean they cant win it now that is a nonsense argument.. I don't think the ballygunner lads will be thinking about it in lead up or during matches and they are a young group who are used to winning titles.

The only basis you can make for your argument is Cork.. Club champ is probably the poorest in Munster and you cant really seen any club from there getting near it for a while... The Glen yesterday were the most tactically stupid and naïve team I've seen for a while..

Ballygunner Sars and Na Piarsaigh have all been around the block at this level for years and all of them have stopped short at some stage but to say they have a big upper hand cause they are from Tipp or Limerick doesn't make sense.. Unless you have time on your hands and are getting around to all club championships to see how each team is motoring then an opinion best on one game in bad conditions against poor opposition is no benchmark. The amount of intercounty lads you have obviously gives you more of a chance but I cant find usually by now the intercounty lads can be a bit tired and its usually the good club players who treat these games like there time to shine can come to the fore.. If we based Munster club on the number of intercounty lads you have likes of a Sars or a cratloe have really under achieved at this grade..

22nd of November could be a shockingly bad day weather wise which makes it a coin toss and gunners showed yesterday they can play in it (albeit they are meant to be soft) Then what if they managed to win a final and have Philip and probably Pauric in the mix would you rule them out?

Three starters from last years team also, so If you ask me I think they have showed plenty of stomach for the fight.

I agree the glen were awful yesterday no doubt about that but that my point until Ballygunner beat something proven it's reasonable I have doubts

I never said that not winning a club mean they will never win it my point is that waterford club championship having never won all ireland it's fair to say concerns about the strength of it remains
    I don't think it's a traditional myth but common logic imo as considering many now say southern heimpshere stronger based on performance in the world cup imo the same concept while winning waterford is fine I wouldn't be getting carried away that bally gunner are better than the rest
    It's not a case of watching every club games but there is such a thing as knowing other teams by seeing teams picked etc and players they have
    Irrespective of kk not winning outside ballyhale in the championship my view is the kk senior hurling championship is better than waterford or at worst equal
    Na Piarsaigh I had as favourite because they never lose munster game and I think they have better players
    Just my opinion of course I could be wrong.
    My point was regards being from limerick was limerick team are physically strong and Ballygunner wouldn't dominating them like yesterday and once that is done they imo have better forwards

TTM you're not even reading what I'm saying. Trying to make out as if I said Ballygunner are going to win the club all ireland...I said if they had their two best players available for the munster final I'd give them a great chance and by extension a great chance in winning the all ireland. But they don't so I think playing one of in my opinion the two best teams left in the competition on paper will be a bridge too far.

Better Ballygunner teams eh? The first time they've done back to back since the 90s. If Ballygunner were from Kilkenny and did what they did to Glen in the second half yesterday you'd be raving about them.

Clara are a good side, no better. And I don't think they'll win a club all ireland. Outside of Ballyhale, the Kilkenny county champs have won the all ireland once since 1991. Galway, Clare and Offaly have had as many or more winners in that time. Even Antrim have won a club all ireland. Your point about Kilkennys legacy is absolute tripe.

There's more depth to the Waterford club championship now than there ever was. There may only be one top team but before there might have been two and then the rest was just dead rubbers. Now you have to be on your game all the time.
    I agree with your sentiment but my point about kk legacy is any team in kk has huge hunger and intensity to win and the fact coola second time in leinster now they will want to drive forward just like ballygunner and I wouldn't write off the kk team

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Brad1234

I agree the glen were awful yesterday no doubt about that but that my point until Ballygunner beat something proven it's reasonable I have doubts

I never said that not winning a club mean they will never win it my point is that waterford club championship having never won all ireland it's fair to say concerns about the strength of it remains
    I don't think it's a traditional myth but common logic imo as considering many now say southern heimpshere stronger based on performance in the world cup imo the same concept while winning waterford is fine I wouldn't be getting carried away that bally gunner are better than the rest
    It's not a case of watching every club games but there is such a thing as knowing other teams by seeing teams picked etc and players they have
    Irrespective of kk not winning outside ballyhale in the championship my view is the kk senior hurling championship is better than waterford or at worst equal
    Na Piarsaigh I had as favourite because they never lose munster game and I think they have better players
    Just my opinion of course I could be wrong.
    My point was regards being from limerick was limerick team are physically strong and Ballygunner wouldn't dominating them like yesterday and once that is done they imo have better forwards

Who is on about winning all Irelands. You are running away with yourself here.. Ballygunner have a pretty good record at this level so I have no idea what you are taking about.. You are basing it on Intercounty players as you haven't a breeze of the club players on both sides.. Surely on that logic Sars are the favourites to win it out?

Na Piarsaigh are a big side? Intercounty lads are.. If my memory serves me right lot of nippy lads around them does that change the logic now?

Brad1234 wrote: »
    Who is on about winning all Irelands. You are running away with yourself here.. Ballygunner have a pretty good record at this level so I have no idea what you are taking about.. You are basing it on Intercounty players as you haven't a breeze of the club players on both sides.. Surely on that logic Sars are the favourites to win it out?

Na Piarsaigh are a big side? Intercounty lads are.. If my memory serves me right lot of nippy lads around them does that change the logic now?
    No your misinterpreted my point either by choice or not with respect
    I know a lot about the players from most team my point is you don't have to watch every club games to do that this year alone
    As George hook once said to Brian o Driscoll when he critsed valid points in response to o driscoll saying he no right to critse hook reply was do all voters for president have to be ex president
    No they do not
    My point was simply that even with the two absent players i belive still Ballygunner wouldn't win the all ireland as was said here by a poster in he felt they would have
    Fair enough it's he's opinion but I don't share that opinion
    It's not all about inter county player but have no doubt Downes dowling lynch casey etc with na Piarsaigh all help them as it gets to the business end of things
    Fair enough you have a different opinions to myself
    Where did I specify big in i said na Piarsaigh are a limerick team that thrive on physical side of the game like limerick team do and that aggression and tough hurling that bally gunner correctly brought yesterday imo na Piarsaigh would do also as the cork senior club hurling has again been shown up for lacking physical toughness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭robopaddy2

People seem to be discounting Thurles Sars who Na Piarsaigh still have to play, I'd actually fancy Thurles to beat them, they've been knocking on the door with a while now and traditionally Limerick teams don't do well as favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

Mountainlad, you're a glutton for punishment.

I also think Thurles will win though its a game that could turn on a break.

I never said I thought Ballygunner would win the all ireland if they had the two Mahonys. I said they'd have a very good chance of winning Munster and I think the Munster winners will win it out. But I still think they'd have a really tough game in the final either way, one they may or may not have won. I don't think they will win now but I wouldn't totally discount them. They deserve more respect than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

I agree with your sentiment but my point about kk legacy is any team in kk has huge hunger and intensity to win and the fact coola second time in leinster now they will want to drive forward just like ballygunner and I wouldn't write off the kk team

For such a big fan of the Kilkenny champs you'd think you'd be able to spell their name. Or even something reasonably close to it.

Clara not Coola!!

From that post to be fair it was reasonable to assume you meant the all ireland by saying all the way
    I share that the view na Piarsaigh in some eyes don't like most limerick team handle favourite tags well and you would always while I think they should win you can't be sure how they deal with favourite

The kk champions game with Dublin championship in leinster will be close and Dublin champions have David Tracey colm Cronin Cian o Callaghan and schutte with ex kerry hurler o connell so that game will be a good test how good the kk champions are in leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭archieknox

Feed a stray dog and he'll keep coming back!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement