Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

childcare in Ras Al Khaimah in UAE

Options
  • 29-03-2015 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

We are a teaching couple moving to Ras Al Khaimah in August
    We have 2 children aged 3yrs and one aged 15 months.
    We would appreciate if anyone could help me by giving us some advise on childcare over there. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Eva H wrote: »
    We are a teaching couple moving to Ras Al Khaimah in August
    We have 2 children aged 3yrs and one aged 15 months.
    We would appreciate if anyone could help me by giving us some advise on childcare over there. Thanks

I live in Abu Dhabi ad don't have kids, so not exactly an expert on the whole childcare thing, but basically there are two types of childcare in the Emirates- the first option is to hire your own nanny. They're usually from East Asia and can be live in or otherwise. I think you can also get them through agencies but a lot of people here sponsor their own nannies and go by word of mouth. Alternatively, you can enroll the kids in a nursery. They accept kids at a ridiculously low age here. Can be pretty expensive though.

There's a site called expatwomen or something similar which might be able to help you out.

Hope that helps!

Advertisement