Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paternity leave... Swedish style. Would you do it?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

I was surprised to read that only 12% of men in Sweden actually choose to take up this leave and it got me thinking;

It doesn't seem to say that though?

It says
    only 12% of Swedish fathers share the 480 days of parental leave equally with their partners.

so a wee bit different.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Addle wrote:
    I wouldn't want to be the employer that has to pay people not to work for so long.

?? The employer doesn't pay! The state does. Some employers top up the amount paid by the state but most don't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

jaykay74 wrote: »
    ?? The employer doesn't pay! The state does. Some employers top up the amount paid by the state but most don't

That explains the high taxes and high cost of living so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Similar system here, 12 months leave plus 2 extra the father can take and the 14 months can be divided up which ever way suits. You get 70% of your salary paid during this time but the big catch is that they limit it to a max of €1800. This is what prevents a lot of father's here from not availing of it. I couldn't afford to take time outside of my normal vacation when my son was born because of that cap.

Advertisement