Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from Maynooth to Slane 2015

Options
  • 29-03-2015 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

Are there any?
    Accommodation isn't really happening close to Slane that night (Foo Fighters, Saturday May 30th) so are there any buses organised & where do I book some seats?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Give Express Cabs a ring, they have often organised these themselves in the past. 6289999

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Black Rose Studio

Hey.

Im in the same boat here.

Living up the road in Kilcock. Perhaps a bus rental might be an option if we could get enough people together. Myself and the misses will be travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Hi black rose, yep there are two of us also but I don't know of anyone else here who would be interested. Perhaps you could keep your ear to the ground and PM me if you hear anything!

Anyone hear anything else about a bus? I might have to opt for the one Dublin Bus are running?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

I know my sister and two friends are looking for a bus from Maynooth too so if anyone is renting one I can pass on her details by PM

• Advertisement

IrishAlice wrote: »
    I know my sister and two friends are looking for a bus from Maynooth too so if anyone is renting one I can pass on her details by PM

Great. There's 2 of us. How many needed for a bus I wonder? There's 2 other people on this thread also looking I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Most large taxi or bus hire firms would have 8 seater, 16 seater, 30 seater and 52 seater - or close by numbers. Taxi firms might not go as high as 52, bus hire firms might not go as low as 8 but you get the picture - they're the general seat counts.

I've to actually work at this gig but I'll be so grumpy by the end of it there's not a chance I'll be taking passengers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Anyone hear anything else about a bus? I might have to opt for the one Dublin Bus are running?
    That's one of their strike days :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Would I be mad to be thinking of driving from Maynooth? I'm not bothered about not being able to drink at it, but I've never been to Slane and don't know what way the traffic will be...

You would be mad yes but can I have a lift if you drive?! :-P

Last time I was there was Oasis and it was crazy afterwards although I was living in Drogheda at the time so leaving from the other side of the town I think. Don't know what this traffic this side would be like.

Imagine parking would be an issue or are you thinking of the camp site if you did drive?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I have absolutely zero idea what I was thinking :P don't really want to camp, so going there and back in the one day.

It would seem that I'm actually going to this by myself, since none of my friends are getting their arse in gear to buy a ticket, so I totally have space for a couple of people!

I don't mind sitting in traffic for a little longer if it's in the comfort of my own car, as long as I'm home at a reasonable hour (like, before 2am).

Edit: Park here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Drove to Bon Jovi two years ago from Celbridge, went on the motorway at Dunboyne got off at Navan and followed the signs from there, parked about a 25 minute walk from the castle in a field, think it was a tenner.
    Took a while to get out but bet trying to find a bus in the dark. Got home around 2 to my own house as opposed to being dropped off miles from where I wanted to be.
    The field was right across from Slane farm hostel, so was on the right side of the town for getting home

It's TIMES LIKE THESE that I wish I still lived in Drogheda! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Black Rose Studio

So.

We've decided to camp.

Arrive early Saturday, Set up camp and head to the gig. Im sure we'll get little sleep back at camp after gig, but better than Dublin Bus back to the city, and then making our way back to Kilcock/Maynooth.

Hot sorted with bus from maynooth!

Advertisement