Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband connection down and disappointing customer service.

Options
  • 29-03-2015 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭

I have had infrequent problems with my broadband connection going down throughout the past few years and in general it has been resolved relatively quickly and the customer service has been pretty good. However my broadband service has been down since 18/03/15 and the customer service has been far from satisfactory. All attempts to find out exactly what the issue is and what steps are being taken to resovle this have been extremely vague and unsatisfactory thus far. I will mention our telephone and Phonewatch service have remained uneffected throughout this time. 

Eircom were first notified of the issue on 19/03/15 by phonecall. Over this call we were told it was being passed on to the technical department and an engineer would likely be sent out as it seemed there was a line fault and we would be kept up to date. Over the next few days we received no update and the problem persisted. At least two more calls were made to technical support to try and find out exactly what was going on however nobody seemed to be able to provide us with any useful information and we were more or less dismissed. Finally we received a message to say an engineer would be visiting us on 26/03/15 however nobody showed that day. 

Two engineers did make a call late on 27/03/15. They said they could not find anything obvious wrong and indicated that the problem seem to be with a line running from the path outside our house to a box on a poll in our back garden. They could not say exactly what the problem was, just that something had been marked as an issue in the early 2000s and was never resolved and since they couldn't find anything else this was likely the cause. I find this to be very unusual as this was the first we were ever told about this fault and it has never caused an issue I am aware of thus far. In addition if it has remained unresolved for this length of time that itself is of significant concern. Also the box in our back yard which this line connects to is a distribution point for the service to all our neighbours, none which are experiencing any problems. 

They informed us that it would have to be passed on the senior members of their team. However to fix this line they would likely need to dig a trench from the front of our house to our back graden where this poll is, requiring part of our front wall to be taken down and considerable work to the other parts of our land to dig the rest of the trench. I am unconvinced that this is where the problem lies and this seems very drastic to be even considering without concrete evidence of what the problem is. The engineers were extremely dissmive when asked when we could expect to hear back about what is happening next only that they were passing it up the line. To be honest their overall willingness to answer any question was completely unsatisfactory and they seemed to be more interested in finishing up for the weekend than actually helping me with any of my queries. Meanwhile we have been left with yet another weekend without our broadband service and the possibility of major works being required with very shaky evidence for it. 

Overall I am quite unhappy with the way in which this has been handled and would like this issue to resovled as soon as possible. I would like clarification of exactly what fault has been marked down for our lack of service. Extactly what steps are being taken to get it resolved and how long this will take. I would also like written confirmation that we will not be charged or will be credited for the duration of time we remain without our broadband service. I await eagerly your reply.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I'm very sorry to hear of the delays token56

Could you please PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to this further?

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭token56

Hi Alan,

PM has been sent.

token56 wrote: »
    Hi Alan,

PM has been sent.
    Thanks token56

I have requested an update from our techncial support and operational department. As soon as I have an update I will get back to you right away.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

PM has been sent.
    Thanks token56

I have requested an update from our techncial support and operational department. As soon as I have an update I will get back to you right away.

Thanks
    Al
    That is great. Thank you very much I appreciate it.

Kind Regards,

Hi Alan,

PM has been sent.
    Thanks token56

Thanks
    Al
    That is great. Thank you very much I appreciate it.

Kind Regards,
    No worries token56

I'll get back to you as soon as there's an update from operations

AL

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,

Any update today on this?

Hi Alan,

Any update today on this?

Hi token56

I am awaiting clarification from operations but I do hope to have more information for you today - I'll keep chasing this and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

Disappointed not to hear back from you today, any information about what is going on at this stage would be helpful. Do you have any idea what sort of timeline I am looking at for getting this fully resolved as we are now going into our 3rd week without any broadband service.

Alan,

I have to say I am massively unimpressed with the treatment we are receiving by eircom at the moment. We have tried calling directly again this week and nobody seems to be able to get us in contact with the "right" person with everyone we have been in contact with telling us they are unable to help us or do not have the necessary information.It is simply unacceptable at this stage. We have no idea what is going on and seemingly none we can contact to find out. Please can you help me get this resolved.

Alan,

I have to say I am massively unimpressed with the treatment we are receiving by eircom at the moment. We have tried calling directly again this week and nobody seems to be able to get us in contact with the "right" person with everyone we have been in contact with telling us they are unable to help us or do not have the necessary information.It is simply unacceptable at this stage. We have no idea what is going on and seemingly none we can contact to find out. Please can you help me get this resolved.
    Hi Token56

I completely understand the disappointment, Thanks for taking my call and as discussed I'll do my very best to have this resolved asap

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement

Thank you for your call Alan. The update is very much appreciated.

Thank you for your call Alan. The update is very much appreciated.
    The least I can do token56

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement