Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Osprey Hotel

Options
  • 29-03-2015 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi, can anybody give me info on this hotel. I rang looking for a night in the Summer for myself and my sister, for b&b and dinner for one night it was working out at 240e! Can anybody enlighten me as to why its so exp! Is there something special about it? I like the look of it, and its in the area I want but I'm thinking that's a bit expensive. Thanks all

Comments

dobad wrote: »
    Hi, can anybody give me info on this hotel. I rang looking for a night in the Summer for myself and my sister, for b&b and dinner for one night it was working out at 240e! Can anybody enlighten me as to why its so exp! Is there something special about it? I like the look of it, and its in the area I want but I'm thinking that's a bit expensive. Thanks all

It's a nice hotel for sure but for that price, it's hardly worth it. Check out the Killashee in Naas, it might be cheaper and its a grand hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dobad

Thanks I thought it seems a bit mad for one night!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Try Lawlors hotel in the town and go out for dinner in one of the many restaurants in the town

Thanks for that, never heard of that hotel, will have a look appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Killashee House is a lovely place but it's about 2 miles outside of the centre of Naas so it wouldn't be handy for wandering off on foot to look around Naas or the pubs and restaurants. The Osprey and especially Lawlor's are fairly central.

• Advertisement

Lawlors is the most central, its right in the town centre. Limited parking, probably non existent. Lots of on street parking and car parks within walking distance
    Osprey is next closest and then Killashee
    Killashee would be my pick of the other 2 and then get a 5 min taxi onto the town. Killashee also has a very good restaurant and bar menu
    Recommendation for a restarant in the town is Trax, 2 min walk from Lawlors hotel.
    For a drink either Kavanaghs or McCormacks

The rooms in Lawlors in the main part of the hotel are huge...usually have 2 king size beds in them so would be handy for you and your sister sharing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

dinner will be about €60-€70 of that.

Hotel is 4 star. so €180 for 2 people for B&B is probably their standard rate.

Possibly they have a wedding that day and hotel is busy, or maybe there's an event in town?

Their online site will give rates from €170 for 2 peope incl dinner to €210 with extra €30 pp if you want single rooms (date checked 16th or 17th july - with the Thursday being cheapest)

That's brilliant thank you for all the info. The osprey is for the sat night 18th. I suppose when you do put it like that 60-70e for dinner plus bottle of wine it does work out fairly well for the night. Like the idea that its central enough too thanks

Don't know too many people going to the osprey for dinner

I'd prefer to spend my money in Trax or Butt Mullins

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Aye, don't eat there. Much nicer places down the town.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

That's brilliant thank you for all the info. The osprey is for the sat night 18th. I suppose when you do put it like that 60-70e for dinner plus bottle of wine it does work out fairly well for the night. Like the idea that its central enough too thanks

chances are that there's a wedding that night as all the hotel booking sites have the price at €185 for B&B. The hotel site itself has a €166.50 early bird rate for B&B on that night.

I'd also suggest dining elsewhere as Naas has quite an abundance of good restaurants www.bouchon.ie/ is a favourite of mine above one of the best pubs in the country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Titus Andronicus

Stay in Lawlors, eat in Butt Mullins, drink in Haydens.
    All within 50 yards of each other.

Def worth thinking of, thanks, I never knew Naas was so good to eat in. If we stayed in the Osprey is it within walking distance safely of the town? Thanks, I'm going to check out all the places mentioned above to eat in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Titus Andronicus

Def worth thinking of, thanks, I never knew Naas was so good to eat in. If we stayed in the Osprey is it within walking distance safely of the town? Thanks, I'm going to check out all the places mentioned above to eat in

You could easily walk from the Osprey to either McCormacks or Kavanaghs (the hip happening pubs) in about 10 minutes, footpath all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

yes you can walk from osprey as its just off the main street. Don't eat in the hotel try Las Radas (fab tapas place with cocktails) or trax (nice restuarant down the other end of the town).

That's brilliant thanks v much

Advertisement