Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New accounts not able to edit posts?

Options
  • 29-03-2015 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭

(Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, can't seem to see it).

I deleted my old account as I left boards, and later made a new one.

I know that new accounts can't post urls or images, but it seems that new accounts also can't edit their posts. Seems a strange one. Have had several tweets I'd ideally be able to make minor edits to...

If this is correct, is there a good reason for it? If not, I'd like to suggest that new accounts be able to edit their posts... or at least if they are over a certain number of posts or something maybe?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

How old are the posts? For all regular users of a forum, the ability to edit a post expires after 48 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

mike_ie wrote: »
    How old are the posts? The ability to edit past posts for all regular users of a form expires after 48 hours.

a few minutes old. Account is only a couple days old, but anytime I wanted to edit posts, it was where I made a post, pretty much immediately notice I need a small edit, but no can do.

I can click the 'edit' button, but it just goes to a white blank page and stays there.

Had no issues editing recent posts on old account, so presumed it was due to new account limitations (although it'd be a strange one obviously)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's a known bug:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057364011

but you'll no longer be affected once you hit the 10 days mark at least.

Even my first post in this thread, I notice that I had a dumb moment where I seem to have referred to several 'tweets' so hit edit to change it to 'posts' but again just brings to a blank white webpage that goes nowhere...

Spear wrote: »
    It's a known bug:

removed

but you'll no longer be affected once you hit the 10 days mark at least.

Thanks. hadn't known about the bug so glad I checked.

Looking forward to next weekend when things will be normal again :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement