Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Polar RC3 GPS Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch with Cadence €80

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

is this as much a bargain as the last GPS watch that showed up here?

Pondering getting one even though i din't know how much i'd actually use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I would really appreciate any advice on whether this is a good investment or not ?
    Seems a great price and good reviews, but I am clueless at knowing how good it actually is and I need to buy something like this for my running

Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭ooter

I have one reserved for Friday,would I be better off ringing them before heading out to collect and pay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

ooter wrote: »
    I have one reserved for Friday,would I be better off ringing them before heading out to collect and pay?

After the TomTom fiasco....yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭mac_09

I would definitely recommend calling before heading in to them. This looks like it may be the same as the TomTom fiasco from a few weeks ago when demand outdid stock levels!

I have one ordered but will call on Friday before heading in if haven't heard form them already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

It's very, very common for Halfords reserved bargains to 'not be in stock' when customers go to collect them (or else get the 'not in stock' phone call from them). It has certainly happened me a few times. It's often suggested that the staff take the reserved orders for themselves and leave the customers high and dry.

On that basis it might be worth ringing but with an €80 watch I think you should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭dubdamo

Thanks OP, reserved one for Friday, will post here if it's actually available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Got mine picked up with no issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Is there a cadence sensor for the bike with it? It doesn't say in the spec?

• Advertisement

It does indeed

Cheers, have one reserved, looks decent,

A garmin gps might be better, but at this price, it has everything I need

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Isot10

It does indeed

Sorry , I dont think it does - it is misleading , it says with cadence , which the watch is capable of but needs the cadence sensor.
    This is only part of the "bike" kit version ( which I have).
    If you scroll down to the bottom of the discription tab you will see box contents :
    It does not include the wind cadence sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Isot10

Isot10 wrote: »
    Sorry , I dont think it does - it is misleading , it says with cadence , which the watch is capable of but needs the cadence sensor.
    This is only part of the "bike" kit version ( which I have).
    If you scroll down to the bottom of the discription tab you will see box contents :
    It does not include the wind cadence sensor.

Sorry to Fuzzy logic - did not realize that you actually have it picked up.
    just to let others know ,it should say "bike" on the box. The wind cadence sensor is expensive so its a great deal if you get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

This is only 64 euro if you reserve online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

Yeah, extra 20% off at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

Terms of the 20% sale states it excludes wearable tech. But this is discounted in the basket.

Don't remember the discount being available yesterday or did I just miss it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Yeah I reserved it yesterday and it's still €80

UPDATE: I just reserved again and it's €64, gonna cancel the other one now if I can!

Isot10 wrote: »
    Sorry to Fuzzy logic - did not realize that you actually have it picked up.
    just to let others know ,it should say "bike" on the box. The wind cadence sensor is expensive so its a great deal if you get it.

That's correct, it should say RC3 Road Bike and sticker on the side to show you what is included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

Yeah I reserved it yesterday and it's still €80

UPDATE: I just reserved again and it's €64, gonna cancel the other one now if I can!

just bear in mind, u may not get it, due to high demand...:p:p

just collected mine from Carrickmines, the condition of package is really poor, and seem like a 2nd hand watch...

and according to person behind counter there are 5 of them has been delivered to Carrickmines today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Serious bargain even at the original €80. The extra 20% makes it a no brainer.

Will probably have to start cycling/running again now!

Close the thread!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

Got an email from halfords to say my reservation has been confirmed. Hopefully this will mean it's there when I collect it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Not available anywhere now.

343697.jpg

I have 2 reserved,one from yesterday for €80 and one from today for €64, if I get the €64 one I'll offer the other reservation on here if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i ordered one and got a text but no email happen anyone else?

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i ordered one and got a text but no email happen anyone else?

I got a text immediately but didn't get the email till late last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I got a text immediately but didn't get the email till late last night.

ah cool cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

If anyone has a spare reservation going just give me a PM. Serious bargain.

• Advertisement

Just got a call from Blanchardstown to say the watch is ready to be collected :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭mac_09

Same, got call from Carrickmines!

Did anyone manage to get theirs collected at the 64euro discount price ?
    I reserved it with the discount code, but it did say it excluded items like this.

I got my call to pick it up also, forgot to ask the caller how much .

I guess I will find out tomorrow when I pick it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

yes I picked mine up this morning in Carlow, the girl told me there are expecting another 5 in.
    it comes complete with heart rate strap and cadence sensor for a bike,
    genuine bargain for €64.
    I had another reserved for naas at €80, and was told that whatever price I ordered at, that's what u pay.. but if someone wants the naas reservation they can have it...not due in till Thursday however,
    thanks OP

kildare75 wrote: »
    yes I picked mine up this morning in Carlow, the girl told me there are expecting another 5 in.
    it comes complete with heart rate strap and cadence sensor for a bike,
    genuine bargain for €64.
    I had another reserved for naas at €80, and was told that whatever price I ordered at, that's what u pay.. but if someone wants the naas reservation they can have it...not due in till Thursday however,
    thanks OP

So it's actually this one?

Polar RC3 on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Available now in Limerick. Still looking for one around Dublin!

• Advertisement

Just got a call to say that it was in in limerick. He advised me it was at the price reserved at.

I am due to collect one in Swords tomorrow at 64 euro.
    If I get that one, I have a reservation code for a watch in Drogheda if anyone wants it. Its at the 80 euro price .They have left a voicemail to tell me its in stock, waiting to be collected.

I have a reservation code for one in Liffey Valley @ €80 if anyone wants it....
    Edit - code promised to dublin runner

Soarer wrote: »
    So it's actually this one?

Polar RC3 on Amazon

Yes that's the one I got this morning, real bargain for the price, came fully boxed and in perfect condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭Ranelite

kildare75 wrote: »
    Yes that's the one I got this morning, real bargain for the price, came fully boxed and in perfect condition.

This is the version I got in on Monday. They didn't have it ready but I got a demo model instead for a little cheaper. Alas, the heart rate monitor doesn't work so hopefully they'll replace the lot. :(

• Advertisement

Just collected mine for €64.

Only had a screen grab saying it was reserved. Had no email or text as I'd not registered. There was no barcode on what I showed in the shop, but yer man just overrode the price in the system to give the discount!

Ridiculous bargain really. Now to find a use for it!

Just noticed the Cadence sensor is €45.75 on it's own with the 20% applied!

So the watch plus heart monitor for €18 more is silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Soarer wrote: »
    Just collected mine for €64.

Only had a screen grab saying it was reserved. Had no email or text as I'd not registered. There was no barcode on what I showed in the shop, but yer man just overrode the price in the system to give the discount!

Ridiculous bargain really. Now to find a use for it!

Can you post a picture of the contents? Want to verify that it has the cadence sensor

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

fletch wrote: »
    I have a reservation code for one in Liffey Valley @ €80 if anyone wants it....
    PM sent

The main reason I'm buying it is for the HRM,if there's a problem with that I'll be bringing it back.

ted1 wrote: »
    Can you post a picture of the contents? Want to verify that it has the cadence sensor

I can't post a picture.

Don't think all of us would be on a windup saying that it had something it didn't. It's the exact same as the one on Amazon i posted a link to a few posts up.

mine 100% has the cadence sensor with it, and handle bar mount, heart sensor and chest strap

just got a call from naas and its in stock, so if anyone wants it pm me..but its reserved for €80 so u might have to haggle with the store person to get it for 64.
    thanks

reservation for naas just gone
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Ordered one yesterday at the reduced 64.50 got text to say order and my order no but no email and nothing since. When I reserved it did say it would not be avail until Monday .

Wonder have I any hope of getting one?

deisediva wrote: »
    Ordered one yesterday at the reduced 64.50 got text to say order and my order no but no email and nothing since. When I reserved it did say it would not be avail until Monday .

Wonder have I any hope of getting one?

its hard to know, but I do know Carlow were getting in another 5 tomorrow if that's any use to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement