Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Polar RC3 GPS Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch with Cadence €80

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

lanno wrote: »
    Got this for a friend who know not needed, would perfer to meet or send via parcelmotel. Can meet in Dublin 15 or close by, if anyone is still looking, hasant been taken out of box

Hi Ianno, I'll take it off you, will PM you, cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭cgc5483

bk wrote: »
    Hi Ianno, I'll take it off you, will PM you, cheers

Next in line and can do parcelmotel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

let us know who's getting it lanno. :P you'll have a list of buyers at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭ooter

On my last run my watch said the battery on my HRM was running low so when I got home I put a brand new battery in to it,on my run today the same thing happened, has this been happening to anyone else?
    Might bring it back if it keeps happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

ooter wrote: »
    On my last run my watch said the battery on my HRM was running low so when I got home I put a brand new battery in to it,on my run today the same thing happened, has this been happening to anyone else?
    Might bring it back if it keeps happening.
    Got the message yesterday for the first time, decided to ignore it, I'll be working out again tomorrow and I'll see if it moans again and/or stops reporting hr.

Paddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 volkswagon1973

Hi Lanno,
    I would be interested in watch if you would keep me in mind or if anyone has one that they dont want.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

I bought one of these for a gift but it was unwanted. Its up on adverts.ie

http://www.adverts.ie/bike-computers/polar-rc3-heart-rate-monitor-watch/7784557

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SprinterSacre

Have on of these for sale at €80 (price I paid/have receipt), working perfect (used once with old hrm strap/new sensor). Only reason for sale is I'm used to garmin and gona stick with the one I have. Located in Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Nobody local came forward for my one, so I'll post at buyer's expense.

Still just sitting in the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Soarer wrote: »
    Nobody local came forward for my one, so I'll post at buyer's expense.

Still just sitting in the box.

She's gone lads. Best of luck to the new owner.

• Advertisement

Finally got my hands on one of these a few days ago. Fairly impressed for the price. Locking onto GPS can be very hit and miss, can take 5 or more minutes sometimes. HRM very good so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

i bought one of these and am not going to use it its brand new, taken out of the box for a look once, pm me if anyone wants it for 80

http://www.adverts.ie/other/polar-rc3-gps-watch-with-heart-rate-sensor-and-cadience/7819494

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭dunworth1

picked one of these up in limerick today

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

Managed to flog both the heart sensor and the cadence sensor on eBay for just under €50, makes for a very cheap gps watch!

Serious going that. Might look at offloading the Cadence sensor as i'll hardly ever use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Managed to flog both the heart sensor and the cadence sensor on eBay for just under €50, makes for a very cheap gps watch!

Well done on that, any chance of some tips on how to sell it ?:D
    I have the heart rate senor and cadence sensor and I wont be using it, so would love to shift it for a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Well done on that, any chance of some tips on how to sell it ?:D
    I have the heart rate senor and cadence sensor and I wont be using it, so would love to shift it for a few quid.

link to the ads here, feel free to copy them!! got €38 for the HRM - http://www.ebay.ie/itm/261843211816 and €18 for the cadence - http://www.ebay.ie/itm/261843212716

i hadn't used either obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Hi all,

Anyone know what halford returns are like. My polar rc3 watch gave up the ghost yesterday. Just won't charge. Got it in april. Still have receipt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Hi all,

Anyone know what halford returns are like. My polar rc3 watch gave up the ghost yesterday. Just won't charge. Got it in april. Still have receipt.

I've found them to be very good. If its within warranty and you have a receipt you should get a replacement with minimal fuss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Bumping this as halfords appear to have stock again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Sono

What does this normally retail for? Looking for something like this and wondering how good of a bargain this is? Any feedback appreciated

Bought this the last time it was on sale. Its been everything I've wanted. Great purchase, the lack of compatibility with strava is my only bad point.

Could you use it for running or is it better suited for cycling?

I've used it for both. Has no problems with either. Haven't attached the cadence sensor yet. Must do it one of the days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

tritium wrote: »
    Bumping this as halfords appear to have stock again

Thanks.Just got one in Cork for 80euro

RossieMan wrote: »
    Bought this the last time it was on sale. Its been everything I've wanted. Great purchase, the lack of compatibility with strava is my only bad point.

you can convert the files exported from the watch
    with https://jmelhus.com/index.php/tcxcreator/

and upload to strava

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

RossieMan wrote: »

You can upload to strava. Sync the files to your PC , then import to strava

I know that, its just not plug in and upload to strava like most other watches. Youve to export them first then upload.

Picked one up today in Blanchardstown by fluke, asked the girl at the counter and she said there was a couple out the back that had been there for weeks that no one collected so I duly obliged and got it for €50, seems a nice piece of kit for the money.

Anyone able to help me with the GPS how do I get that to work? Thanks

• Advertisement

Sono wrote:
    Anyone able to help me with the GPS how do I get that to work? Thanks

It can take about 10mins or so the first time for it to lockon

Ok thanks for that but do I need to do anything with the watch or will it automatically kick in once I start running?

You need to start it. Read the instructions.

I usually leave my watch out in the front garden for a few mins before I head off, you'll see a √ in the circle when it is connected.
    Press the red button and away you go..

Sono wrote: »
    Ok thanks for that but do I need to do anything with the watch or will it automatically kick in once I start running?

i wouldn't just head out as the watch wont start tracking until it has a gps lock
    happened me once and i was 2km before the watch kicked in.

also if its not been used in a while itll take a while to lock on agian

If you're moving at all it struggles to get a signal, it needs to be static for a couple of mins to lock in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

A number 2 in circle just came up on my watch.

It's in the bottom right hand corner of the display.

I can't for the life of me figure how to get rid of it or find out what it means.

Google and manual have been no use....Has anyone got any ideas about this??

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

The watch allows you to set two independent times. When you have it set to display Time 2, that 2 in a circle is displayed.

Go to [Settings > Watch Settings > Time > Time In Use] to change it back to Time 1. :)

My HRM stopped working a few wks ago, RIP. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Quackster wrote: »
    The watch allows you to set two independent times. When you have it set to display Time 2, that 2 in a circle is displayed.

Go to [Settings > Watch Settings > Time > Time In Use] to change it back to Time 1. :)

Thanks for that.

Advertisement